Tameable fiery maned wolf?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Vermithrax

Tameable fiery maned wolf?

Unread post by Vermithrax »

I just saw a hunter running two of these guys in Waking Shores. I didn't think to get a screenshot, DUH. One had the name "Spirit Wolf" but that doesn't mean much, for various reasons.

So, has something changed? Currently they're listed as untameable in the maned wolves category here on Petopia. Were they at one time but got fixed, and these were relics? Or has something changed with the old ones (Burning Font, Blackrock Foundry ones that were elementals, I guess?), or is there a new creature around somewhere with this model?

We must know, Precious.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Tameable fiery maned wolf?

Unread post by Wain »

If they had the name "Spirit Wolf" they were almost certainly Shaman spirit wolves :)

Are you absolutely certain it was a hunter? And if so, perhaps they were standing really close to a shaman? :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vermithrax

It's entirely possible you are correct. It was in the chaos of a very crowded world quest. The objective was a purple-elite-marked "kill this named world miniboss" thing, where I was seeing them. I only caught that name on one of the two, and was having a helluva time mousing over anything at all to see who they belonged to (failed to do so in fact), because it was so crowded. Add to that folks dying and returning, and it was a bit of a mess.

There were two, as I mentioned, and they stayed together as a pet pair tends to do. Also, the general positioning they were taking seemed consistent with typical pet behaviors.

I don't know much about shamans or their tricks though. Do they a way to fire off spirit wolves with that cosmetic then? Maybe new with Dragonflight?

Anyways, unfortunately I'm just not sure, though of course I'm certain they were present and under player control in some fashion.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Vermithrax wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:09 pm It's entirely possible you are correct. It was in the chaos of a very crowded world quest. The objective was a purple-elite-marked "kill this named world miniboss" thing, where I was seeing them. I only caught that name on one of the two, and was having a helluva time mousing over anything at all to see who they belonged to (failed to do so in fact), because it was so crowded. Add to that folks dying and returning, and it was a bit of a mess.

There were two, as I mentioned, and they stayed together as a pet pair tends to do. Also, the general positioning they were taking seemed consistent with typical pet behaviors.

I don't know much about shamans or their tricks though. Do they a way to fire off spirit wolves with that cosmetic then? Maybe new with Dragonflight?

Anyways, unfortunately I'm just not sure, though of course I'm certain they were present and under player control in some fashion.
It comes from a talent called elemental spirits, they’ll be either Ice, storm, or fire, i played enhancement and it’s pretty fun, if you don’t talent into elemental spirits, they’ll just be a regular spectral blue
Vermithrax

I appreciate you solving my little mystery. Bummer though!
phaedre
Realm: Tanaris

Unread post by phaedre »

I just recently tamed a Fiery Hound and love it's animation effects
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I used too have one on my hunter, but replaced it with a different pet, it was the only dark hound model that didn’t have any annoying idle sounds