Wouldn't Ooze pets be cool to have available?

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Staxlotl
Realm: Emerald Dream

Wouldn't Ooze pets be cool to have available?

Unread post by Staxlotl »

Long time lurker, wanting to make a simple post about Ooze and Slime appreciation.

One of my favorite types of creatures in all of fantasy, and Hunters from WoW and their wildest taming ability from Mechanicals, to Dragonkin, to Undead still can't tame Oozes and Slime critters.

I understand there was a glitch pet back in WotLK, but c'mon, who wouldn't want a Tenacity Purple slime with a big smiley face?!

Look at these adorable puddles and say we shouldn't have one to keep! Especially with Maldraxxus existing and them having plenty of Slime pets about!

EDIT: I have no idea how image linking works here lmao.
Valariel
Realm: Alleria

Re: Wouldn't Ooze pets be cool to have available?

Unread post by Valariel »

Yeah,

i want my Slime-Pet back!!! so dumb to release him to tame Loque back then...
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Staxlotl wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:08 am Long time lurker, wanting to make a simple post about Ooze and Slime appreciation.

One of my favorite types of creatures in all of fantasy, and Hunters from WoW and their wildest taming ability from Mechanicals, to Dragonkin, to Undead still can't tame Oozes and Slime critters.

I understand there was a glitch pet back in WotLK, but c'mon, who wouldn't want a Tenacity Purple slime with a big smiley face?!

Look at these adorable puddles and say we shouldn't have one to keep! Especially with Maldraxxus existing and them having plenty of Slime pets about!

EDIT: I have no idea how image linking works here lmao.
Considering that Blizzard already had several ideas about implementing elementals and aberrations I can see how it would be possible to get an ooze pet, one day. Yet, it needs to make sense lore-wise and until that point there's no way to have something alike in game.

About images, you need to use this command without spaces.
[ img ]Your direct link with format at the end[ /img ]

Example with my signature image:
[ img ]https://i.postimg.cc/Dy884YJc/1.png[ /img ]
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

my love for oozes has been rekindled by Petal :)
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

There’s a huge variety of color and what’s inside slimes, the slimes I can remember are the classic colored ones, the classic colored ones with a face, blood slimes from tot, water slimes from SoOrg, maldraxxus slimes with the animal skeleton, the slimes with bones and weapons, like koosu, and there’s the mecharon oil slimes

I think slimes would make good pets, but they are very odd to make as a hunter pet
ace_of_hearth
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by ace_of_hearth »

And make the Slime Cat available for taming and be part of the family!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

ace_of_hearth wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:25 pm And make the Slime Cat available for taming and be part of the family!
I think it would make a stand out in the cat family, we still need a undead cat with rotting flesh and protruding bones