10.1.5 Beast Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: 10.1.5 Beast Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Hati wasn't a mob that was mistakenly flagged as tameable. Hati was an NPC that every BM Hunter had with them throughout an entire xpac. Hati is completely different from the Foals. Could Blizz change their mind? Sure, they certainly could, but seeing as nothing has been done yet, that there is very little vocal support for the Foals being kept, and the patch is coming out on July 11th, it is just very unlikely that Blizz is going to do anything about between now and then.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:15 pm
Valnaaros wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:46 am
Iowawolf wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:43 pm I am posting every now and then on the twitter accounts for both WOW and the devs doubt anything will happen but it is worth a shot seeing as how we are still being screwed while others tamed same way have remained.
Iowawolf, it is honestly best to just let this go. Blizz is rather unlikely to make any changes to the decision made and getting worked up over it doesn't help you or anyone.
Did we let it go when they were attempting to remove Hati after Legion no we didn't in fact both hunters and non hunters banded together and we saved the lovable storm mutt so what is it hurting if I keep asking them to change their stance knowing they have done it before.
Please don't post any more about that change on this thread, which is dedicated to what we find on the PTR.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I've reported it almost every day that I find them, but as of today, rares that forget their names like Liskheszaera and Deviate Faerie Dragon still don't retain their names when tamed. Also, I may just be seeing things, but I think they made raptors slightly bigger on the character select screen by a small amount.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Wain wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:17 am Between the jade, gold, and burgundy, the colouring on this turtle feels very regal. It's something I would have expected in the court of a Pandaren Emperor.

I'm not a huge turtle fan, but I'm tempted to tame that one when I can.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Petopia.10.1.5.Twitter.png
Petopia.10.1.5.Twitter.png (1.24 MiB) Viewed 9509 times
I've added a small guide page for our 10.1.5 tames: https://www.wow-petopia.com/patch10.1.5.php

There are five known new looks: four stone dinos and one stone turtle.

But please keep an eye out in case the Death Skitterer appears! It's a spectral "Shadra" spider and is listed as tameable, but was never found. There's also a summoning spell associated with it in the database, which means that maybe some specific event will trigger it. Or it simply may never have been added to the game :/
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'd like to point out that most beasts spawned during quests are tameable too, but none (that I've seen) retain their names. Keep an eye out for named mobs too! That said, I'm happy with the new stone pets. Love my jade direhorn.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I saw a gold heavenly cloud serpent as a mini-boss during the Time Rifts today. Maybe it'll be tameable once the demand goes down (in a patch or two) and we can finally get a gold cloud serpent!
Last edited by Talihawk on Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Talihawk wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:24 pm I saw a gold heavenly could serpent as a mini-boss during the Time Rifts today. Maybe it'll be tameable once the demand goes down (in a patch or two) and we can finally get a gold cloud serpent!
It's the Pureblooded Cloud Serpent and doesn't seems tamable, but maybe it will be.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Ah thankyou I didn't recall the name and I couldn't far enough back in my combat log to see what it'd been called. Fingers crossed.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

How viable is it to try to tame one of the new stone pets from the event? I haven't seen any of them pop up while I'm there, but the mobs that do spawn tend to get blown away by the folks in the area really quickly. I'm wondering if trying it at, like, 3am would make for a better chance of taming one.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Boven wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:16 am How viable is it to try to tame one of the new stone pets from the event? I haven't seen any of them pop up while I'm there, but the mobs that do spawn tend to get blown away by the folks in the area really quickly. I'm wondering if trying it at, like, 3am would make for a better chance of taming one.
That’s what I was thinking, how are we going to get our own stonehorns, definitely by reset time or low pop realm
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

The direhorns? They aren't part of an event. They are wandering around all the time. Approx area for the new direhorns: tomtom : /way 56.86 68.89
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, the Turtles and Direhorns are to the southeast of where the Time events take place, in the Passage of Time on the cliffs.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Managed to snag them and luckily got purple when I got there, glad that they are not tied to any events
WoWScrnShot_071323_182528.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_071323_182528.jpeg (308.61 KiB) Viewed 9285 times
WoWScrnShot_071323_182552.jpeg
WoWScrnShot_071323_182552.jpeg (310.62 KiB) Viewed 9285 times
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I'm hijacking this thread and unofficially calling it the 10.1.7 thread, purely because I'm too lazy to make a new thread and nobody else has had the idea yet. We have one new tame that's coming (hopefully!) that has a new appearance; a flaming Kaliri! It has a flame on its head, and it's not the only mob with this model. Sadly, it's the only one labeled as tameable, but it's part of a group of sun-themed beasts. Keep an eye out if you go to the PTR without letting it blind you!

https://www.wowhead.com/ptr/npc=206830/ ... odelviewer
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've already located them. The one that is flagged as tameable is not present.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Yay some new models!! Maybe the flame feline mount will show up as some kind of pet or tameable beast! I'm still bummed the blue phoenix hasn't shown up.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Boven »

Talihawk wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:02 pm The direhorns? They aren't part of an event. They are wandering around all the time. Approx area for the new direhorns: tomtom : /way 56.86 68.89
Ah. For some reason, I thought they were linked to the event. I'm glad that's not the case!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I was able to successfully locate Death Skitterer!

You can only find Death Skitterer after completing the fourth quest of the Little Scale's Daycare questline, "What's a Duck"? After that, dailies will be unlocked at the daycare. The dailies rotate throughout the week and you need to get the daily, "Off the Page". You have to read from a story book and this will summon a random npc. You can keep reading the book and abandoning the daily until you get Osthilde to spawn. She then will spawn Death Skitterers.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

This is an amazing find! Well done!

I would have expected this look to be used for a Spirit Beast, but on the upside it's now available to all hunters :)