Someone claimed that Feathermane taming is account wide and they tamed one at level 30

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
ApiBiru

Someone claimed that Feathermane taming is account wide and they tamed one at level 30

Unread post by ApiBiru »

OK, I'm really confused here. Two people had made a claim that they don't need the tome of the hybrid beast on their alt to tame feathermanes and they tamed feathermane without needing the tome and one claimed they tamed a Feathermane at level 30.

Am I being gas-lit here? Or is my game bugged? I have unlocked the tome vendor for Feathermane on one of my toons and that toon would send the tome to my other toons that want to tame feathermane. However, all of my toons had to be level 45 to read the book, and each of my hunter had to read the book in order to tame feathermane. This is normal, right? I can't tame it on a toon that personally read the book, yet, right? And they need to be at least level 45, right?

Is my game bugged or people is trying to pull my legs? Did the dev remove the requirement for individual hunter to read the tome of hybrid beast to tame feathermane somewhere along the line. The people that made the claim that their level 30 hunters can tame Feathermane without reading the book wouldn't reply to me, so I'm turning to you guys.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Someone claimed that Feathermane taming is account wide and they tamed one at level 30

Unread post by Vephriel »

I double checked on this for you. The taming knowledge is NOT unlocked account wide.

I cannot tame feathermanes on an alt hunter without sending them the book first. I've tested it just now on a level 43. She's never learned the book, and so she doesn't have the ability to tame one.
WoWScrnShot_062723_123411.png
WoWScrnShot_062723_123411.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 4600 times
Then I mailed her the book from my main hunter to see if she was eligible. It still says requires level 45. She can't learn the book yet.
2.png
2.png (258.41 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
I think it's safe to say you still need to be at least level 45, if they claim they tamed them before that I don't know how, unless level squishing caused an anomaly at some point.
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Re: Someone claimed that Feathermane taming is account wide and they tamed one at level 30

Unread post by Vesania »

Vephriel wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 3:38 pm I double checked on this for you. The taming knowledge is NOT unlocked account wide.

I cannot tame feathermanes on an alt hunter without sending them the book first. I've tested it just now on a level 43. She's never learned the book, and so she doesn't have the ability to tame one.

WoWScrnShot_062723_123411.png

Then I mailed her the book from my main hunter to see if she was eligible. It still says requires level 45. She can't learn the book yet.

2.png

I think it's safe to say you still need to be at least level 45, if they claim they tamed them before that I don't know how, unless level squishing caused an anomaly at some point.
Level 30 is the old 80, thus it cannot be a level squish issue. I believe they referred to another spell family or lied for some reason.
ApiBiru

Unread post by ApiBiru »

O OK tysm you guys. I thought I was getting crazy or something. TYSM AGAIN!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Could it be a race ability maybe? I seem to recall at one point certain races didn't need books to tame certain things?
Vesania
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Vesania »

Talihawk wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:34 pm Could it be a race ability maybe? I seem to recall at one point certain races didn't need books to tame certain things?
Feathermanes aren't like Mechanicals, which are already known by Gnomes and Goblins through their passives; you get the tome from the Legion's hall and only there.