"Off the page" spider tame help thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
FeralBetaKitten
Realm: Dreanor

"Off the page" spider tame help thread

Unread post by FeralBetaKitten »

Off the page is a new daily you may occasionally get from the new whelp daycare dailies.

As I haven't unlocked them yet I was wondering if anyone had it available to help spawn Osthilde who then may spawn the spider?

https://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=spectralspider

I saw it and I really want it xD two preferably lol
Dawne
Realm: Earthen Ring

Re: "Off the page" spider tame help thread

Unread post by Dawne »

You are probably better off waiting until you get that particular daily. The NPC (Osthilde) has to be killed slowly to get the spiders to spawn as they do not come out until she has been damaged down to about 1/4 health. She is easily killed before she will spawn the spiders if you are not careful. I found that the best time to do this daily is during the "off hours" so that no one else is around. I did mine in the early morning. Read the storybook to get a random NPC to spawn. If Osthilde does not spawn on the first reading, running away from the NPC or feigning death will cause the unwanted NPC to fade away. Rinse and repeat until Osthilde spawns. Kill her slowly until the spiders spawn. Freeze Osthilde once the spiders spawn, target a spider, and tame away. Dismiss your first spider tame and tame your second. Multiple spiders will spawn all at once so you will be taking damage while taming. Then kill Osthilde and the other spiders. The reason you want to hold off killing any of the other NPCs that spawn from the book is to assure that, if you are unable to take a second spider on the first go around, you can have a second chance at getting Osthilde to spawn again. Good luck!