Theories for next patch pets?!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Theories for next patch pets?!

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Hello guys gals and goats. I come to you today with a simple question.

What do you think would be in the next major patch for new pets?
I feel like we're more than likely going to the emerald dream, so what do you think we will find in there?

Maybe some new nightmare creatures, some mushroom lads? It's hard to imagine things would be to different than what we already have as most of the dream stuff tends to just be. Green.

My hopes, they add a tameable Feywing

Or maybe some tameable drust models
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Theories for next patch pets?!

Unread post by Talihawk »

I still want the Gold, Green and Blue Cloud Serpents and the Blue Phoenix. Don't have a lot of hope they'll show up tho.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I don't think we're getting the dream, seeing as how we're dealing with dream-related stuff in a filler patch rather than a main patch. As fun as it'd be to return to the dream in a less ruined state, having the same content back to back doesn't seem like what Blizzard is going for. It'd also be a little bit disappointing since every patch has had something new, excluding Raszageth since all of her stuff was time gated for obvious reasons. Of course, I would love some nature-themed beasts. Unique models, preferably. Less undead versions of the wicker beasts, new models for sprite darters, SOME love for spore bats that isn't just a slight model update, and hell, throw an oddball in there like a new shale beast or something.

Since we're still dealing with Fyrakk and potentially going after...whatever the cold woman's name was, I'd like to see some fire and ice pets. I know we had the lackluster caverns for some lava beasts, but a new one or two won't hurt; especially if it's the stuff from concept art that was left out. Imagine getting some shadowflame-colored variant pets, like the purple lava cobra. Ice pets though? That'd be pretty cool, bad pun intended. The frost bears and spiders we have now are just a tiny taste; give me a new gorilla, some new woolly creatures that aren't just more mammoths, maybe a new raptor with thick feathers like the Pyroraptor from Jurassic World, and so on. Just something with ice. Maybe a mixed fire and ice thing too, but that's a stretch.

We'll find out during Blizzcon, hopefully. Will be fun to see how close or far off everyone is.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I think a great idea would be some sort of wasteland full of stone, iridikron themed, full of creatures competing for survival like proto drakes and stuff, we can get some desert creatures and possibly new stone creatures, it can have some lava influence in one corner and Ice influence in the other, an island matching the primalists would be a good idea, but not really hunter pet wise, maybe some stone versions of lesser dragonkin
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

As someone whos currently retiring from WoW due to a burnout, I can't really say I have any expectations, Though me personally I REALLY hope some families get some new tamable models/updated models they've desperately needed, The biggest one that comes to mind is Monkeys, As of right now they only have a whopping 5 tamable models and I really hope they get some more soon.

The Spirit of Ha-Khalan is another pet that I'm honestly surprised hasn't gotten the taming pass yet, There's literally 0 Excuse for him NOT to be tamable considering his Hydra friend got the Pass, It's about time the croc got to reunite with his hydra pal.

I also hope we get some sort of new Dragonhawk or Variation of them.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

It has been confirmed that patch 10.2 is titled "Guardians of the Dream", and will very clearly be tied to the dream. I'm a bit disappointed, but what's new with this game lol. That said, here's hoping the art team can carry the patch (they usually are nowadays), since it's YET ANOTHER incredibly small part of the Emerald Dream that we visit. The Emerald Dream is like candy being drip fed to us; it really needs its own expansion considering how important it is to the lore.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Not the biggest fan of the emerald dream, but it would be a great opportunity to add more models from lackluster families, like crocolisks, gorillas, and sporebats, I at least hope the creatures will be covered in plants, like vine entanglement or something similar to the Crystalspines and ardenweald toads, but hopefully we’ll get entirely new creatures and not modified bear forms or old models from an old xpac, sick of seeing those, especially draenor wolves in BFA
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Not to sound cynical, but do you really expect them to not reuse the same animations and rigs over and over? We have bears, dino bears, spirit bears, men running on all fours in metal fur suits, and odd alien frog dino bears. It would be nice to see a new model, and we do usually get new models when big zones get released (most of the time, anyway), but after Zaralek, I'm not holding my breath. I'll gladly take walking vegetable animals if they look nice, but after the deepstrider situation, I'm not holding my breath for a new model to add to our roster. We got absolutely spoiled in that regard with dragonkin, specifically in the (highly underutilized) drake model.

My negativity aside, I did have some reflection on what we could see, assuming the developers don't just throw some recolors in here and there.
- Animals related to the wild gods, such as stags, bears, cats, wolves, turtles, and boars
- Eagles since Ohn'ara is a major character from the Dream
- Sprite darters due to them being from the Dream
- Fyrakk, being the obvious villain along with the returned Druids of the Flame, means that fire-themed pets aren't out of the question.

We'll get a teaser tomorrow, and PTR will give us a better idea over time. I've got a bingo card ready for this.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

If sprite darters/fey dragons are part of the new zones, hopefully it’ll be an opportunity for feywings to become tameable, i know they are only in draenor, but they’re too similar to darters not to pass, I forgot to state about reusing Druid forms is modifying a Druid form into a tameable beast, in this case the primal bears, I’d take a new bear that is half plant, half bear that is not dark magic, entangling vines and possibly some different plant colors, I could see a new cat model come in, possibly something smaller and slender and not chunky like rockfangs, and I could definitely see Druids of the flame corrupting the creatures to being burnt so that would be a cool feature
DannyGreen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by DannyGreen »

Just wana say before I shift over to the official thread.

Called it.