10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: 10.2 Guardians of the Dream: Beasts Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Managed to get Sulraka fairly easily. Chasing the cat was a pain, as I found it in a hallway full of crabs, but hey; one spirit beast down. Now we just gotta figure out how to get the flaming owl now that it's no longer a fun challenge tame. Now, waiting for the right color of Displaced Bear to spawn... I want my green bramble bear. Killed too many of the other colors, yet no green has spawned. At least I got all three daggers in no time; I think the drop rate for the hearts is significantly higher. Got the cat and bear almost mere minutes into the dream, and the stag shortly after.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

I got her too tonight! I ignored all the quests and went straight to trying to tame. it took me a while tho. I kept finding her paw prints but couldn't manage to 'catch' her with the flare. I tried camping a spot for a while but got impatient and circled around the path and got lucky. Becareful around the areas that phase, those areas are really tricky. I got lucky and managed to guestimate how far she was from the last print that appeared and ice trapped. She's so awesome looking. Good luck to others seeking her out!
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I tamed three drust beasts straight as I started playing, it took me a full hour to get all three with the right colors, I also got the rare watchful somnowl I wanted, I was incredibly lucky, I’m still waiting for a few rares, other than that I’m all set
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

I just wanted to tame Kimbul's model on the new cat, but I just realized it's a spirit beast and I'm irrationally annoyed as I play MM. Why are exotic pets still a thing?
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Clayford13 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:55 am I just wanted to tame Kimbul's model on the new cat, but I just realized it's a spirit beast and I'm irrationally annoyed as I play MM. Why are exotic pets still a thing?
Cuz blizzard logic, can’t really say much since I said enough on removing this feature, Spirit Beasts are basically the hunter’s gift of a patch, if blizzard thinks about unique hunter pets, they give out spirit beasts. It’s similar to store mounts imo, they don’t do much besides being a hunter pet, that can heal itself
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I got lucky with Sul'raka. She was the fourth and last pet I went after last night. I found her tracks at the northernmost part of her circuit after looking for maybe 5 minutes and followed 'em a ways before choosing a point not too far ahead of her. Tossed a flare and she walked right into it. Trapped her and started taming, then a demon hunter who was doing a daily nearby ran over and attacked and she faded out. At first I thought that maybe the flare had worn off. Then I noticed her standing next to me. That DH must've been just a millisecond too slow to stop my tame.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Oh wow you lucked out Boven. So glad that DH didn't kill her! I'd have been so mad!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Do we have any idea how often the Envoy of Winter spawns yet? He's a unique model, and a very cool hunter pet. How long after an event has gone off does it respawn? Catching this guy is going to be hard because others all want to insta kill it.
Zetsoban

Unread post by Zetsoban »

Feeling pretty tazdingo right now!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_110823_180604.jpg
WoWScrnShot_110823_180604.jpg (412.57 KiB) Viewed 39554 times
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Tamed Sul'raka first thing too. Also got Henri Snufftail, one of those new back xmogs, and 2 of the winter nightsaber mount from dreamseed caches somehow. Getting dupe rare mounts really bothers me, and it only vendored for 1c. 😵‍💫

Is there any news on the Fire Owl hoo's name escapes me and blue faerie dragons since the patch went live?
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Talihawk wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:45 pm Do we have any idea how often the Envoy of Winter spawns yet? He's a unique model, and a very cool hunter pet. How long after an event has gone off does it respawn? Catching this guy is going to be hard because others all want to insta kill it.
after I tamed him, he spawned again after 15-20 seconds (that only happens if you tame him, I don't know what would happen if you tamed the second one too ^^)
30 minutes - 1 hour that's how his respwn time feels like
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

You guys make me very envious... I probably won't be able to tame anything until Friday... and I want my drust bear now... /cry
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

I was able to save some time, I went, farmed the bear heart, obtained the knife in Drustvar and when I returned to the dream, and I go to Astera's cavern, there is nothing... what have I done wrong?

Edit: I'm an idiot... I was looking inside the cave, not outside xd

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Other than a certain spirit beast who needlessly got a hidden taming item, I've finally tamed everything from my wishlist for this patch (unless something pops up that we didn't previously know about). I don't want to admit to how long it took to get the right bear color, especially with an ~8 minute respawn timer. Other than that... I'm done with this patch. Nothing else to do or look forward to except get the item to tame Nah'qi lol.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Same, I basically got everything I wanted, I got the three thornbeasts of my wanted color, one rare watchful somnowl, I was lucky once again to find my wanted look, ristar, and more. The only thing I have left is to tame is a purple umbraclaw, they wouldn’t spawn. Once I’m finished, I’ll just focus more on content, and gearing my max lvl druid with new Druid forms, and gearing my evoker for patch 10.2.5
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Anyone on a low pop server? I'm not having much luck trying to server hop with my alts. Dalaran is so super busy right now, even late at night. Anyone about who could help so I can tame the Envoy?
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Talihawk wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:45 pm Do we have any idea how often the Envoy of Winter spawns yet? He's a unique model, and a very cool hunter pet. How long after an event has gone off does it respawn? Catching this guy is going to be hard because others all want to insta kill it.
How much effort does it take to get him to spawn? Is it something a hunter could conceivably do quickly enough to get in a tame before others arrive to kill it?
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Aroim wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:57 pm
after I tamed him, he spawned again after 15-20 seconds (that only happens if you tame him, I don't know what would happen if you tamed the second one too ^^)
30 minutes - 1 hour that's how his respwn time feels like
No idea how you managed that seeing as he's a "gather resources to spawn" one. Lol. There's always so many people there for me.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Wain wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:35 am Has anyone playing the PTR seen Somnambulant Ori flying around before? In all the time I've played it, I admit I've only seen the owl perched in one place, but today I found them flying about.

It makes sense they should be moving, given their name (somnambulant = sleep walking, or walking about in a stupur). It's just the first time I've witnessed it.

(And they still don't retain their name when tamed, but at this stage it's not going to be changed before release, they're down to hotfix-only changes).

Somnambulant Ori.png
Late, but yeah. Just tamed him flying around. My fav somnowl look personally.