Raptor look adjustments

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Raptor look adjustments

Unread post by Wain »

I've updated some of the looks for the raptor model that was added in Draenor.

Before the introduction of wow.tools, I was never able to take pics of the versions with extra effects, but now I can. There are three: fire, frost, and lightning. All remain sadly untameable.

(Note: if your browser has cached versions of those pages from previous visits, you may still see them without effects. In Firefox you can ctrl-shift-r to force a reload)

The spirit raptor we have in the game has the lightning skin, but on the frost model. The latter has a really subtle halo over it that just makes the skin look a bit lighter than it would on the regular raptor model.That look is now called "raptor2_lightning-frost":

The frost texture is also used on the regular raptor model (but untameable), because it's the only one of those three special looks that looks reasonably natural without any effects. So you can compare what the frost effects do to the skin:

The latter is the regular model, without effects. It's a really lovely pale grey.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Raptor look adjustments

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They look good, Wain! Nice job :)
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Raptor look adjustments

Unread post by Boven »

Wow. That grey raptor model looks really nice.