10.2.5 Beasts Thread

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

10.2.5 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Valnaaros »

The red fox has finally been added in. It'll be in 10.2.5. As seen in the picture, it can be found in Gilneas - specifically, in the field close to the Greymane Wall.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 10.2.5 Beasts Thread

Unread post by Wain »

That's great! Though a little odd they're using vulpin in Azeroth. It's been implied they're more or less dimensional travellers when they do appear.

I also wonder if it might be a placeholder for an upcoming model related to that new mount.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The new fox is related to an updated Love is in the Air holiday. Besides, Blizz has shown to reuse models from xpac-to-xpac, even if it doesn't make sense for that particular model to be used somewhere else, like Draenor boars being used in place of Azerothian boars.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The second-to-last of the unused Pandarian stag variants and the last unused Pandarian doe variant are now used. They can be found in southwestern Gilneas.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:53 pm The new fox is related to an updated Love is in the Air holiday. Besides, Blizz has shown to reuse models from xpac-to-xpac, even if it doesn't make sense for that particular model to be used somewhere else, like Draenor boars being used in place of Azerothian boars.
Yeah, but often a new mount model that comes out of the blue turns out to be an adaptation of a wild model we just haven't seen yet :) So I was more than half expecting a new wild fox like that to show up at some point.

It's an odd model, though, in that it looks like a lower poly model that has had a bit of work done. It's certainly not as nicely detailed as the vulpin.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh, that's awesome the green stags are finally available!!!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Four new horse variants are available. Here are pics of two of them:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Yay new pets! ah I'd thought it was the 'dark red' Foo. Ah well still more pets is good! (edited for color correction)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It's a shame this fox doesn't have attack animations (I'm not even sure it has mouth parts!), because it fits the Gilneas aesthetic perfectly and it's criminal it was never used.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Wow it’s funny how the copper red vulpin is used in a dark place like gilneas, hopefully the glowing red vulpin will follow through, but it’s good that they finally added the green stags and more horse variants
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

new (models) pets friends, I'm happy.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WoWScrnShot_111823_173530.jpg
WoWScrnShot_111823_173530.jpg (270.62 KiB) Viewed 212843 times
Was on a search myself to find more looks. I was trying to find more vulpin but mostly old foxes. I went around the zone and it’s full of old mobs and new ones. I went on a mountain full of stags and found the unused Patterned Purple or Puce as it's called on the stag page. It was kind of rare compared to the green ones, so variant no. 2 here

Edit - found one vulpin, funny how it’s a second variant to an older fox model
Clayford13
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Korgath

Unread post by Clayford13 »

Valnaaros wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:29 pm The red fox has finally been added in. It'll be in 10.2.5. As seen in the picture, it can be found in Gilneas - specifically, in the field close to the Greymane Wall.
I have wanted this color more than any other since Shadowlands. I am so happy it's coming and I hope it isn't a placeholder!
OnyxHydra
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde); Feathermoon (Alliance)

Unread post by OnyxHydra »

Wain wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:25 am It's a shame this fox doesn't have attack animations (I'm not even sure it has mouth parts!), because it fits the Gilneas aesthetic perfectly and it's criminal it was never used.

It truly is criminal that this was never used.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Wanted to point out how happy I was when I found the purple patterned stag, even though I don’t tame or collect them, that’s my favorite stag color if I wanted to tame one. That color was made since MOP and it took them around 11 years until it appears on a wild beast. But can’t believe all those stag looks are finally complete
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

hopped on the ptr to go find the red fox. Sadly I'm not seeing it and I'm pretty sure I found the spot Valnaaros was standing at. I so hope they don't remove it. I really like the Vulpin model.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Talihawk wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 2:32 am hopped on the ptr to go find the red fox. Sadly I'm not seeing it and I'm pretty sure I found the spot Valnaaros was standing at. I so hope they don't remove it. I really like the Vulpin model.
It’s pretty rare compared to the old blue variant. I found 1 out of 20 foxes I’ve seen around the zone. Maybe try culling the fox population and see if a red vulpin variant would spawn. Same thing goes for the patterned purple stag. They’re rarer than the green ones, but you may be lucky to find more than one. I found two stags, one fox
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I found the purplish stag, and I did kill off a few of the foxes but didn't spend more than 10 min doing that. I'll try some more later :D
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I found the Red Vulpin and was able to tame it. Yay! so it IS still around! Hopefully it'll be joined by the crimson one too. *fingers crossed*