Season of Discovery - Any Pet Changes?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
smashfanDS
Realm: EU - Silvermoon

Re: Season of Discovery - Any Pet Changes?

Unread post by smashfanDS »

Could someone tame Carrodin and see its attack speed?
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

smashfanDS wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 2:45 pm Could someone tame Carrodin and see its attack speed?
According to https://www.wowhead.com/classic/npc=211 ... n#comments it's 2.0 attack speed.

You can always check yourself in game by selecting an entity and running the script: -
/run mainSpeed, offSpeed = UnitAttackSpeed("target") print(format("%s: attack speed = %.2f", GetUnitName("target"), mainSpeed))
Ellendeling

Unread post by Ellendeling »

Does any1 know something about the strider trainer in Darkshore. I have no clue about how to interact with her. But its weird because they put it in the game for a reason. Just can't find any info on the subject. Maybe you have to train the strider clutchmother idk know if any1 has done that before. I did try talking to her after taming the pink one but it didn't do anything special.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Unread post by Darknez »

Ellendeling wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:52 am Does any1 know something about the strider trainer in Darkshore. I have no clue about how to interact with her. But its weird because they put it in the game for a reason. Just can't find any info on the subject. Maybe you have to train the strider clutchmother idk know if any1 has done that before. I did try talking to her after taming the pink one but it didn't do anything special.
That "I want training for my strider" is in normal Classic as well - I don't think it's anything to do with SoD specifically.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Has anyone tamed Pridewing Patriarch? I can't find any info on it as a pet. Does it have the same attack speed as the other wyverns?

EDIT: Is it even tameable as a pet?
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

As far as I can tell you can only specifically tame Young Pridewings, no other wind rider is tameable in SoD
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Magnakilro wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:52 pm As far as I can tell you can only specifically tame Young Pridewings, no other wind rider is tameable in SoD
Gotcha. Thanks. ^w^
Hagu

Unread post by Hagu »

I stumbled across this video with some exciting datamined pet info for Phase 2
https://youtu.be/MBM0SUOcU1c?si=NV2WJ0EuphhBfKlM&t=260

I guess we will find out in a couple of days!

Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bambu »

Hey, I saw on Wowhead that one of the hunter runes requires summoning and killing a bird called Gharrik, which seems to use a red stormcrow model (not seen in game before I think?) Wondering if they're tameable?
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Bambu wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 2:19 pm Hey, I saw on Wowhead that one of the hunter runes requires summoning and killing a bird called Gharrik, which seems to use a red stormcrow model (not seen in game before I think?) Wondering if they're tameable?
It is tameable ^^
Ellendeling

Unread post by Ellendeling »

You even get the quest rewards for the Rune after you tame the bird
Zoruaronan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Thrall

Unread post by Zoruaronan »

Since this thread has been quiet for quite a while, I figured I'd share some info on some of the stuff I've found playing through SOD

With the release of phase 3, A new rune was added that drops from a white vulture called Zopilote, He spawns in Tanaris and Patrols the upper half of the abyssal sands, I did not tame him myself but it's highly likely that upon taming, You will receive the rune. This is the only White Vulture in SOD as of this message.

Gharrik (The Red Stormcrow) Knows Screech Rank 2 and Has a 2.0 Attack Speed upon being tamed.

There is also a Black Stormcrow called The Enraged Stormcrow in Searing Gorge that gives you the Rune of Focus Fire, I'm not sure what he knows upon being tamed as I'm yet to get to SG on my Troll Hunter. But if I have some free time, I'll see what he knows.