Season of Discovery - Any Pet Changes?

Discuss WoW Classic and give feedback for our Petopia Classic sites, including Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Darknez

Realm: Bloodhoof - EU, Hellscream - EU

Season of Discovery - Any Pet Changes?

Unread post by Darknez »

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone had "discovered" any changed or new pets in the Season of Discovery?
Or is it the same as classic (e.g. attack speed, abilities, pet variety).
Darknez

Re: Season of Discovery - Any Pet Changes?

Unread post by Darknez »

Jorul, a bear spawned as part of rune discovery in Dun Morogh is tameable.
bearskinbrown
attack speed 2.0
Last edited by Darknez on Sat Dec 02, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Mokwa, a cat spawned as part of rune discovery in Mulgore is tameable.
lionessskingold
attack speed 1.2
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My friend picked up this rune(?) which was interesting as stags/deer weren't tameable in Vanilla, I'm curious if there are other additional beast tames or families added, I don't have time to play it myself right now though.
Attachments
GAO0O7sXgAAIf9g.png
GAO0O7sXgAAIf9g.png (177.91 KiB) Viewed 166292 times
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

Raluk (Rare lvl 7 ) is kind of special, since you can usually only tame the first white tiger at lvl 43 (it's the Troll/Orc one for the rune)

i also saw that if you have earned a certain rune you can also tame wyverns
Fangzzs
Realm: sargeras-US

Unread post by Fangzzs »

You can tame a wyvern after unlocking kill command which is really cool
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Vephriel wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2023 6:46 pm My friend picked up this rune(?) which was interesting as stags/deer weren't tameable in Vanilla, I'm curious if there are other additional beast tames or families added, I don't have time to play it myself right now though.
There's a version of this in Dun Morogh that let's you tame rabbits, (musk) dropped off troggs for me - but both of these creatures are just companions, not combat pets.
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

They can learn "Lightning Breath" since they count as wind serpents :D
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

Man this seems awesome I might give season of discovery a go
SillyArtist

Unread post by SillyArtist »

I don't know if the site just hasn't been updated or they don't plan on having a season of discovery version here. but for those playing SoD I have seen a few hunters with a Wind-rider/Wyvern pet listed as a "wind serpent" family pet. I am unsure where they tamed it, or if it is a bug, but currently 12/3/2023 I have seen atleast 3 hunters with it today. If it is intended, there maybe a few new pets to seek out in this Classic+ experience.

I have also seen some in the barrens with a white tiger pet, not the lion I know the lion is there, they had a tiger like Bangalash but it was level 18 pet. I will probably be making a hunter alt to see if there are even more neat pets to find and tame :3

I apologize if this is in the wrong place as well, I am still new to the forum when it comes to posting, though I have been using the site itself to find pets lately for around 3 months this is my first actual forum post

Sorry for the awkward post. I posted in the wrong place before and copy pasted since I have to head out to work and dont have time to edit! Happy hunting out there I hope you all find some really cool new pets and abilities!
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

SillyArtist wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:57 pm I don't know if the site just hasn't been updated or they don't plan on having a season of discovery version here. but for those playing SoD I have seen a few hunters with a Wind-rider/Wyvern pet listed as a "wind serpent" family pet. I am unsure where they tamed it, or if it is a bug, but currently 12/3/2023 I have seen atleast 3 hunters with it today. If it is intended, there maybe a few new pets to seek out in this Classic+ experience.

I have also seen some in the barrens with a white tiger pet, not the lion I know the lion is there, they had a tiger like Bangalash but it was level 18 pet. I will probably be making a hunter alt to see if there are even more neat pets to find and tame :3

I apologize if this is in the wrong place as well, I am still new to the forum when it comes to posting, though I have been using the site itself to find pets lately for around 3 months this is my first actual forum post

Sorry for the awkward post. I posted in the wrong place before and copy pasted since I have to head out to work and dont have time to edit! Happy hunting out there I hope you all find some really cool new pets and abilities!
if you scroll a bit up you can see both pets, the white tiger and the wyvern :) The wyvern is a bonus reward for one of the rune quests, the rune for Kill Command
Aroim
Pet Finder

Unread post by Aroim »

"Carrodin" the Owl you have to kill for the Aspect of the Lion rune is also special since it is a brown owl, there is no other brown owl (it is tamable)
Last edited by Aroim on Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xcreeping
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Xcreeping »

SillyArtist wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:57 pm I don't know if the site just hasn't been updated or they don't plan on having a season of discovery version here. but for those playing SoD I have seen a few hunters with a Wind-rider/Wyvern pet listed as a "wind serpent" family pet. I am unsure where they tamed it, or if it is a bug, but currently 12/3/2023 I have seen atleast 3 hunters with it today. If it is intended, there maybe a few new pets to seek out in this Classic+ experience.

For SoD nobody really knows/knew how popular it was and is going to be, it could be dead two weeks from now but time will tell. There was also no beta or data mining for this which I believe Petopia usually does to set a section up for something like this in advance so nobody even knew a new section would be needed because nobody knew new tames would even exist I am assuming.

That said however it is pretty neat that they added new tames, so far its just Wyverns and a lower level version of higher level tigers? If anybody finds anything else new id love to see it.

Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Outside of rune-based summons, I've yet to see anything new in the open world. Not tried any dungeons yet, but presume they are untouched.
The new raid, however, that could be interesting - if you can survive long enough to tame anything that is! :)
Maewen
Realm: Echo Isles

Unread post by Maewen »

Spoiler.......

The deer musk is used in connection with a rune discovery in Darnassus. I can add more if needed.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for all your reports on this thread :)

I've been wondering if it's worth adding them to the website, or not, given that they're not on regular classic servers and I assume they'll be removed again in the next SoD.

Maybe I could add a "Season of Discovery Only" section to the looks pages that have pets only found in that version? And then erase it for the next season?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lankin
Realm: Blackhand EU, Chaos Bolt EU (SoD)

Unread post by Lankin »

Wain wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:22 am
I've been wondering if it's worth adding them to the website, or not, given that they're not on regular classic servers and I assume they'll be removed again in the next SoD.

Maybe I could add a "Season of Discovery Only" section to the looks pages that have pets only found in that version? And then erase it for the next season?
I hope they won't be removed! Also, I'd keep them on the website and flag them in some way, even if they should no longer be tabeable.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, if I were to add these:
- Is the pet system in SoD based on the original Vanilla one? Or the LK one? Are the pet families identical to Vanilla? I'm still deciding if I should add the SoD pets as an add-on to a Classic site, or its own site.
- I might have had the mistaken impression SoD was a temporary thing that would be erased and new things tried next time, but maybe that's not the case?
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

SoD is based on Vanilla with new additions, but otherwise it's all still the foundational Classic realm and systems are from that, I don't think pet families or the pet system has changed drastically, the only new "family" I know of right now is the Wyvern, but it's not actually a new family, it's been wrapped up as a Wind Serpent it sounds like.

I haven't participated in any of the Seasonal servers before now, but from what I understand in the past, the season goes on for however long (I think Season of Mastery was usually about 1 year?) and at the end they give players the option to transfer their characters to a normal Classic realm, and the Seasonal ones are shut down.

It remains to be seen what the plan is with SoD though since many spells and items are completely unique to this type of server, you can't exactly copy a character over to a Classic realm and keep things like Warlock tanking or have a hunter with a wyvern pet when they didn't exist in Vanilla, so I don't think we actually know yet.
Darknez

Unread post by Darknez »

Interesting in the deer musk - I assumed it was all just a fun addition to allow a wider range of non-combat pets in classic.
I wonder if all the musks/pheromones have some special rune tie-in.

Update: Yes, it appears the rabbits are used similarly.