Help me name my pets please

Vorhees

Help me name my pets please

Unread post by Vorhees »

Hello, I've stumbled upon a lack of inspiration for pet names.
I would appreciate some aid in this endeavor please.
All my characters are on a RP server, so while I'm happy with funny and/or punny names. I would not want to annoy roleplayers with something terribad.
I used to be (technically I still am) a roleplayer myself, so I know how immersion breaking it can be, but the names don't need to be 100% serious.
For example my Dwarf has a collection of robot dogs, all named Asimov (going to catch the last color I need to complete my collection today I hope)
Transmogs may or may not be final...I tend to be ambivalent and indecisive about such things.

Lionguard Bentwood and his lion

Professor Eckel and his......Dog I think?

Elder Mattock and his wolf

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Help me name my pets please

Unread post by Ana »

For the Lion
Tau - With African origins, Tau is a gender-neutral name meaning “lion.” Tau is a simple yet instantly memorable name with a meaning that symbolizes strength and pride.

For the wolf
Volund - dwarfish for eternal fighter
Or
Sartos - Dwarfish for family

As for the stone dog
Manchee - from the book The Knife of Never. Manchee can speak in the main char head

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Vorhees

Re: Help me name my pets please

Unread post by Vorhees »

Thank you very much, I really do appreciate the effort.
Unfortunately though, none of those names really speak to me...They are not bad by any means, but they just don't "feel right" if that makes sense?

Tau - for some reason gives me sci-fi vibes, I see Warhammer 40K space marines in my mind.
Unsure as to why, as I never played that game.

Volund & Sartos - These have good potential, But I think them more people names. I might try them if I make another alt again :D
But out of curiosity, what Dwarven language did you source them from?
As a bonus feature, you somehow reminded me of this song, thank you for that, I had forgotten about it (sorry it's in Swedish though) :D

Manchee - I have not read that book, so it does not really connect. I get native american vibes from the name though, good for a Taurens pet perhaps?
Reminds me of Mazzranache, back in classic.
He was my first "challenge tame" of sorts, since my mountless, low:ish level Dwarven hunter had to run all the way to Mulgore, to tame him.
I named him Floyd :D

I pondered the wolf's name today, and I wanted something that fit the bright fur.
chewed on a few names such as: Blondie, Barbie, Goldfur, Sandstorm, Darude...
But the one that ended up clicking with me was Monroe after the famous blonde actress.

I'm considering Zero or Courage for the undead doggie...But I'm in doubt how well those references would work.
Maybe I'll go back to my Darkhound named Zuul.
But I'm also not that fond of the cunning family of pets, but *sigh* it has all my favorite models.