Hunter Stable Updates in 10.2.7

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Hunter Stable Updates in 10.2.7

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

From MMOChampion: https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/12 ... il-10-2024

These changes are TECHNICALLY hunter changes, but because they directly impact our animal pantry, I posted in pet discussion.

Code: Select all

HUNTER
        The hunter pet stable has been updated:
            The pet preview window is now larger.
            More information about the pet is displayed, including a list of abilities.
            Pets can be favorited and added to a separate group at the top of the stable list.
            The stable list is now searchable and sortable by name, specialization, abilities, and more.
            Pets can now be renamed directly from the stable without certificate items.
            Pets can now be released directly from the stable without needing to be summoned.
            For the Beast Mastery specialization, the pet that is summoned by the Animal Companion talent now has a dedicated slot next to the Active pet list. The tooltip has been updated to reflect this change.
Renames no longer needing certificates and releasing extras from the stable are MASSIVE improvements. Likewise, it seems that the Animal Companion slot is becoming its own dedicated slot. The stable being searchable and sortable is a wonderful addition, and depending on how it looks, it might be worth using over the Improved Stable Frame addon. Favoriting pets is also a neat little bonus.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Re: Hunter Stable Updates in 10.2.7

Unread post by Ana »

Wow!
Nice changes

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Its available to be viewed on the PTR, but for anyone who can't access it, heres what it looks like.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

If they took it one step further and made it an account-wide stable, it'd be perfect. The UI is clean, it isn't (too) bland, and the various sorting options are nice. It's also quite handy that you can simply right click a pet to add it to your team/stable rather than needing to drag it. Huge improvements all around.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

It's a bit bulkier than I like, because you can't see all of your pets in one glance, but it's def a step up from the old version. I may keep my addon however. If it still works after this.
Allstohel
Realm: Emerald Dream

Unread post by Allstohel »

Personally I'm not all too sure how I feel about the new UI. While overall I think it's a visual improvement - particularly with how buggy/awkward the current viewing window can be with certain pet families - but this new UI feels a little too much like a collection log for me, more like the pets are a tick-list rather than the individual pets I collected, if that makes any sense. Still, I really appreciate the QoL updates with renaming and releasing pets. (Also RIP all the hours I spent organising my pets)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I agree. I like that it is cleaner in appearance, but it does now look like the mount journal.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

That new stable ui looks great, makes it look more like modern wow, and I don’t have to sort anymore pets now that war within is coming up, and I think the favorite pet system is a huge W. I have loads of pets I love, and now I can actually select the best as favorites
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I love this so much! I'm used to my small compact grid addon but I think I'll actually turn it off for the update, this is just such a nice visual stable and I love the sorting and previews that are built in. :)
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

RIP Improved Stable Frame, served me well.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I posted about it on the PTR forums, and although I do think it looks nice and is an upgrade, I want the option to use the old frame specifically for Improved Stable Frame.

Being able to see every pet at a glance is so much better than only seeing 2.8% of your stable at a time.

Not to mention I specifically order my pets so I don't accidentally release pets that are important to me or I can't get again because they were removed. If they got shuffled into everything, I would 100% forget and release these pets.
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Really minor, but I like that they changed "abandon" to "release" more accurate and less guilt-inducing.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Maizou wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:31 am I posted about it on the PTR forums, and although I do think it looks nice and is an upgrade, I want the option to use the old frame specifically for Improved Stable Frame.

Being able to see every pet at a glance is so much better than only seeing 2.8% of your stable at a time.

Not to mention I specifically order my pets so I don't accidentally release pets that are important to me or I can't get again because they were removed. If they got shuffled into everything, I would 100% forget and release these pets.
This... i looove improved stable frame.

The new ui isnt bad but ALOT to scroll and sort through...

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Unread post by Tsukina »

Hallelujah
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Heck, I finally just started using Improved Stable Frame just a couple weeks ago. I do like the search/sort capabilities of the new UI.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Unread post by worgpower »

I’ve also been using Improved stable frame for a while, and I’m going to be happier with the new one, I suspect the addon caused some problems on my PC, the new one also feels cleaner and again, no more sorting, all will be categorized and I can select favorites
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

The crying in the WoWhead comments is insane. This is a HUGE win for hunters. Two glaring issues ("how does animal companion work?" and "so i just cant rename my new pet?") are being addressed.

**While most of us know about the renaming certificate, there's zero indication that it exists. You right click your pet frame, see there's no option to rename, aaand... ??? No in-game hints about how that works?
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

I don't normally read the wowhead comments since the users tend to be brainless lemmings half the time who praise the bad things (plunderstorm) and hate on good things (anything that makes me happy), but I'm pleasantly surprised how most people seem to be taking kindly to the change. It also makes me smile seeing others think that this should also be a collection tab, since it's basically that already. I also find it funny that they cry about one of the glaring issues we've had for several expansions now, in pet specializations. That's a gripe for another time, but man. Talk about unrelated complaints lol.

Either way, I'm having trouble playing on live with the vanilla stable and improved stable frame. I'm absolutely spoiled rotten now with the PTR.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I'm personally torn on this. I do like the modern feel of the new UI. Its certainly not perfect, but its cleaner, adds functionality and QoL improvements, I can see all my pet names at a glance without having to mouseover individuals, etc. However it still retains my main problem as the old UI, its just not simple and easy to manage a large stable. Sure a scroll bar is easier than 20 pages of slots, and search/filter/favorite options certainly does help, but its still misses the mark just as badly.

The Improved Stable addon excels at that one simple thing: having all slots/pets on one single screen. Its not visually pretty (mainly since the addon uses the base stable UI's ugly aestethic), but where it fails in beauty it more than makes up for in utility. Its just incredibly handy to use. And thus, I'm torn.

I do wonder how the addon author will react to this new UI, if they will try to design something new that merges the improvements of the new UI with the current practical utility of the addon. I know addon making is a thankless job, so I would understand completely if they kept their current status quo. And even if I move on to the new base UI, that addon made stables actually usable for me for a long time, and for that I am eternally grateful.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Apparently, someone is working on a new stable mod for the patch that will be named Istablemaster, but there's still time before the patch. Who knows if this will be real or not. Regardless, I do wonder how mod authors will work around it. We'll find out in the coming weeks for sure.