The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Discuss the next expansion, and the two subsequent chapters of the Worldsoul Saga.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Gurubashi

Re: The War Within Beta - Beasts Thread

Unread post by worgpower »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am Found this over on Wain's Twitter. WANT.
If this bat uses the wylderdrake skeleton, it’ll be the new best pet this xpac, better happen
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

worgpower wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:01 am
WerebearGuy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am Found this over on Wain's Twitter. WANT.
If this bat uses the wylderdrake skeleton, it’ll be the new best pet this xpac, better happen
This somehow triggers my inner-goblin mode.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I just noticed they look similar to haronir, so the haronir have a link to bats I guess
Bambu
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo/Eitrigg

Unread post by Bambu »

Haronir look like an amalgam of kalimdor races to me. I see bit of Nelf, Tauren, Drogbar, Trolls, Harpies, and Quilboar in them. The bats are probably something they use, given the similarities in design. Is there a general expansion thread yet? I feel like I'm a bit off-topic.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225595 ... odelviewer
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225620 ... odelviewer
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225629 ... er-nalayro
Three of those new bats are in the database with the latest alpha. They're not listed tameable (yet?), but still. They have the same animations as the wylderdrake. They're also chunky, and I WANT THEM. They also seem to potentially be druids, because why else would they have names and titles? Regardless, these need to be tameable.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225621/orweyna
Another one. Icon shows a moth, but the model viewer shows the same bat creature as above.

My Flight Rising lair

Times banned from World of Warcraft: 1
Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

WerebearGuy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 8:20 pm https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225595 ... odelviewer
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225620 ... odelviewer
https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225629 ... er-nalayro
Three of those new bats are in the database with the latest alpha. They're not listed tameable (yet?), but still. They have the same animations as the wylderdrake. They're also chunky, and I WANT THEM. They also seem to potentially be druids, because why else would they have names and titles? Regardless, these need to be tameable.

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/npc=225621/orweyna
Another one. Icon shows a moth, but the model viewer shows the same bat creature as above.
Looks like they might be a few harronir shapeshifters but I hope there are wild versions out soon that we can tame
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm so in love with these bat models!! I think they're the best the game has had so far.

I also hope there can still be wild versions even if they end up being druid forms, it wouldn't be unheard of if you look back at some of the Zandalari druid forms sharing looks with wild scalehides.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:46 pm I'm so in love with these bat models!! I think they're the best the game has had so far.

I also hope there can still be wild versions even if they end up being druid forms, it wouldn't be unheard of if you look back at some of the Zandalari druid forms sharing looks with wild scalehides.
It will most likely be that way, we got wild zandalari cat and bear forms in BFA as pets, then we got Primal bears which is the hidden artifact bear form in DF, we got the KT Drust beasts as pets and more creatures both tameable and druid forms in 10.2. Don't forget we can tame stormcrows which still have night elf ears
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Worth noting is that we got clear druid forms for the Kul Tirans as well, prior to them being made an allied race. Harronir are very likely on the table, but more importantly, I hope the pattern follows and we see a bear, cat, and ground travel form soon. Imagine bat bears, bat cats, and bat... uh... lynxes? Yeah bat lynxes. The large bats (hopefully also Harronir druid flight form) give me hope for more fun bat beasts. The bat family deserves a W, after the less than stellar attention they have since classic.

My Flight Rising lair

Reason for ban: Reporting an item duplication exploit with Pet Battles I accidentally found during Mists of Pandaria. 3 week duration.

worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Yeah those new bats and Deepflayers deserve a place in the family. Deepflayers are like evolved bats, hence their ears, and possibly with extra wings or without, so if we get both creatures bat family will finally be used by many
Skelelmyrn
Realm: Bloodhoof and Uther

Unread post by Skelelmyrn »

I wouldn't mind flayers being their own family that integrates Outland flyers as well.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Now I’m even more positive about the new bats becoming pets cuz the unique looking harronir character is most likely a Druid

https://www.wowhead.com/news/unique-har ... d-in-33917
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Skelelmyrn wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:05 pm I wouldn't mind flayers being their own family that integrates Outland flyers as well.
They are a separate group of creatures despite the name. Outland flayers are sentient humanoid creatures same way the Makrura and lobstrok are. Deepflayers are bat like beasts covered in stone and of course just have wild creature behaviors
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sorry for my long silence, but I've finally catalogued all the new model looks for The War Within.

So far, there are over 630 possible looks, including all possible geoset options!

If you want to see them in a rough state, I have a very rough first draft of a TWW looks page:

https://www.wow-petopia.com/tww.php

I reiterate that THIS PAGE IS VERY ROUGH! I only just added the looks and was excited to preview them ASAP :)

Also, be warned that there are a lot of images! Once we get an idea of what's going to be available I'll modify the page accordingly, and unused looks will be hidden by default in a pop-out boxes.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Skelelmyrn
Realm: Bloodhoof and Uther

Unread post by Skelelmyrn »

worgpower wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:38 pm
Skelelmyrn wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:05 pm I wouldn't mind flayers being their own family that integrates Outland flyers as well.
They are a separate group of creatures despite the name. Outland flayers are sentient humanoid creatures same way the Makrura and lobstrok are. Deepflayers are bat like beasts covered in stone and of course just have wild creature behaviors
Technically, Outland flyers are categorized as beasts. I've been farming Netherwing rep lately so I can confirm this. They act beast like too, and have no language, unlike Makrura/Lobstrok.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:29 am Sorry for my long silence, but I've finally catalogued all the new model looks for The War Within.

So far, there are over 630 possible looks, including all possible geoset options!

If you want to see them in a rough state, I have a very rough first draft of a TWW looks page:

I reiterate that THIS PAGE IS VERY ROUGH! I only just added the looks and was excited to preview them ASAP :)

Also, be warned that there are a lot of images! Once we get an idea of what's going to be available I'll modify the page accordingly, and unused looks will be hidden by default in a pop-out boxes.
Thank you for your hard work :hug: :hug: :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Wain wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:29 am Sorry for my long silence, but I've finally catalogued all the new model looks for The War Within.

Looks good so far, though the absurdly small watermark is an odd new addition. It's good to finally see all the crazy combina- THAT IS A LOT OF RAMS. With that many rams, you'd think the Earthen would have supercomputers. Bad joke, I know.

Also, now that we have images to work with, it's wishlist time!

I feel like the nonstandard bee colors will either be rares, untameable elites, or just not used at all. They're too unique. I want to be wrong, of course, but still. I've already stated how badly I want the Harronir bat, but to be honest; I'll take any color and combo. I just want a cool new bat. I'm glad there's only a few new looks I'm interested in (so far), since my stable's getting crowded lol.

My Flight Rising lair

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

WerebearGuy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:03 am Looks good so far, though the absurdly small watermark is an odd new addition.
I agree. The watermark was really designed for the full-size image. I didn't want it to be intrusive but wanted it to be there if creators "borrow" and repost my images without any kind of attribution. (I don't really care if regular users post the occasional borrowed image, but it frustrates me when creators with a lot of followers do it but are rude enough to not even say where they got them!)

I used the non-watermarked version for the thumbnail-sized (100 px) images because I thought it would look weird when shrunk. But only later realised that the preview pages are using the mid-size (200 px) images rather than the thumbnails, and they were were shrunk from the watermarked version. I'll fix that!
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
worgpower
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I here got a wishlist too, I'll definitely make another one on a new topic once everything is close to finishing

Blizzard is on a new trend where they create looks with multiple variants. Not only I have to handpick what i want to tame. Now Wain is going to be working much harder because of that. I sometimes wish beasts were more simple again
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Poor Wain's gonna get sick of looking at beasts one day if Blizzard keeps this up lol. Can't wait for the Spinda of WoW pets, where it has 4,294,967,296 different looks. Petopia could totally use a built-in model viewer though. Save Wain a hell of a lot of work that way lol.

My Flight Rising lair