Ten's luck has been nothing short of amazing...

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Ten's luck has been nothing short of amazing...

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

I'll say it here right now. In the five or so years that I've been playing my hunters, I've never seen him. Never. On Laz, he triggered off her proximity alarm sometime last year, but when I went back to find him, he was gone - perhaps killed since there were a few 80 DK's milling about at the time. I wanted simply back then to see him wild, out in the open, pathing in his domain - take a few screenshots and marvel in his massive glory. I speak simply of the King of Un'goro Crater, King Mosh.

I'd tried for Krush on Tencents earlier - and been snapped in half - and had him killed on me twice. In wake of that, at 3am that morning, Loque'nahak had surprised me with an impromptu appearance, which led to his tame, naming, subsequent rename and then stabling. I then decided, it couldn't hurt to see if Mosh was around in Un'goro.

The luck I've had on Ten since he dinged 77 has been probably completely farfetched, even for me. In the last three days, half of his Frostbitten Achievement is completed, with nearly half of each column of rares showing themselves to him completely by damned sheer luck; we've seen Krush, Arcturis, Gondria and Loque'nahak in the wild, and tamed the two feline ones. So when we rode into the Crater, boy did I get a surprise (so please, do excuse my ah "colourful" language in the screenshot - it was nothing compared to the shock I wasn't saying that my husband overheard XD):
In all the years I've played hunters, boy, he is as majestic and as powerful (and as freakin' annoying!) as King Krush...
In all the years I've played hunters, boy, he is as majestic and as powerful (and as freakin' annoying!) as King Krush...
Do excuse my language, but I WAS surprised!.jpg (342.75 KiB) Viewed 935 times
He took me 7 attempts. Mainly because I was in a state of sheer panic thinking "This could all go wrong like Krush did...".
First five tries, he feared within a few seconds of starting the tame, stomped me then monsterous bit me twice, and put me at 2/3k health when I feigned. 6th attempt, I thought I had him...until the last four seconds and he feared me, almost killed me with his third monsterous bite too (left me at 400HP) before feign death kicked in. 7th time, I burned everything Ten had - Rapid Fire, First Mate's Pocketwatch, Scorpid Sting, Tame Beast, Deterrence and prayed:
Hit everything when he came within range...and prayed to the Gods to have mercy XD
Hit everything when he came within range...and prayed to the Gods to have mercy XD
7th and final attempt to tame.jpg (337.97 KiB) Viewed 935 times
7th attempt...no fears. I was like "Come on, fear me you big lug!"
Taming bar ticked down as he stomped and roared and bit and genuinely made me scared for whatever little health Ten had left (about 3.3k), but not a single fear. Timer ticked down, and down, and dinged:
Smooth sailing, I'm still in a perpetual state of "OMG'ing" XD
Smooth sailing, I'm still in a perpetual state of "OMG'ing" XD
No fears on the 7th...smooth sailing all the way XD.jpg (345.34 KiB) Viewed 935 times
And a couple impromptu shots that make me giggle like my typical idiot self:
Hercules being all RAWR and stuff X3
Hercules being all RAWR and stuff X3
Hercules & Tencents - Crystalsong Forest.jpg (146.88 KiB) Viewed 935 times
Insert JAWS Theme Here.jpg
Insert JAWS Theme Here.jpg (100.67 KiB) Viewed 935 times

Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Re: Ten's luck has been nothing short of amazing...

Unread post by Victorelle »

EPIC GRATZ!!!! I really want to see him D: hes on my to do list to see... question does he walk fast like the other devilsuars?
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Congratulations. So would you say Krush is bigger then Mosh or the other way around??? Same size?

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Grats on a great tame!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Congrats!! He's really, really gorgeous. :)

Oh, and could you send some of that luck my way please? I'd just like to actually see Loque in the wild once, I'm starting to think he's a cruel prank played on me by hundreds of people... e_e

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

@Victorelle
He walks about a fraction faster than Krush's slow-motion strolling and a tiny bit slower than the other pathing devils in the Crater. He also appears in a large area, but paths in tiny little circles, back and forth for about ten steps each; he then turns around, picks a direction, lather rinse repeat. Where I found him, he was by a large tree, just middling around without a care in the world. Scared the HELL out of me though XD (NPCScan damned near deafened me)

@zedxrgal
I play the game completely zoomed out as far as it will go, only scrolling in to get close-up screenshots, so when I saw Mosh, he filled the screen (I was zoomed in since I was taking screenshots of other 'saurs I passed along the way), and he didn't strike me as different until I moused over him. But I'd definitely have to say, from ground level, Krush is definitely far more intimidating - especially after previous encounters where you just KNOW an engage will snap you in half.
In relation to size, it didn't cross my mind at the time of taming, but afterwards, I'll say here and now that with Krush you see only long neck and front arms/claws during taming (unless he's monsterous biting your butt); with Mosh, you see everything including his maw-full of razor-sharps coming right at you XD

@Teigan
Thank ye kindly, hon! He was definitely right up there with Krush - total hands shaking, mind praying and fingers crossed type of experience XD
Less fear of ganking, but it doesn't mean that every Mosh tame goes smoothly. I've heard some horror stories with him, about the same as with Krush D=

@Sarayana
*sprinkles whatever zany crazy luck Ten's been having lately upon your shoulders and gives you a P. Dawg minion for added bonus*
Good luck with Loque, honey! I hope ye find your elusive lazar kitteh =D

Hada
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether

Unread post by Hada »

Oh my goodness, HUGE congrats to you! I bet it feels awesome to see your efforts pay off. :D
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Grats, m'dear!!! I am hoping to get King Mosh for myself when the stable changes roll around. Seems like an awesome experience. Congratulations again!!! :hug:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Kastarakovski wrote:@zedxrgal
I play the game completely zoomed out as far as it will go, only scrolling in to get close-up screenshots, so when I saw Mosh, he filled the screen (I was zoomed in since I was taking screenshots of other 'saurs I passed along the way), and he didn't strike me as different until I moused over him. But I'd definitely have to say, from ground level, Krush is definitely far more intimidating - especially after previous encounters where you just KNOW an engage will snap you in half.
In relation to size, it didn't cross my mind at the time of taming, but afterwards, I'll say here and now that with Krush you see only long neck and front arms/claws during taming (unless he's monsterous biting your butt); with Mosh, you see everything including his maw-full of razor-sharps coming right at you
Thanks. I was curious since the size thread was asked. ;)

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Grats!
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Kastarakovski wrote:@Sarayana
*sprinkles whatever zany crazy luck Ten's been having lately upon your shoulders and gives you a P. Dawg minion for added bonus*
Good luck with Loque, honey! I hope ye find your elusive lazar kitteh =D
Thanks!! :D You never know... maybe this is what it takes. ;) *figths the urge to log on and circle the basin instead of doing chores*

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Uhm...Can I have some of that zany luck too? I'd love a Krush tame...Stupid dinosaur. Always crushes me, but I can't give up now, I'm too far in. Spent a loooot of gold getting everything together for him. >.<

And grats on Mosh! I admit that I did also read the guild chat in the pictures, and I've yet to figure out what was with "Tasting cookies > Tasting tears." >.>. That, and in your tame shot, I love the random black dinosaur sneaking into your picture, "hai gusy! were taking picturez? I want in 2 lol."
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

GRATS KAS! :D

Also, just noticed your servers list Ysera as a realm.
FIND ME <3
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

i r fail never said grats!!! GRATS!!! haha u can see my writing in one of the pics lawl lol. i am happy you gots him. :D :hug: now its my turn to go get this guy. im going epic leet like i did with krush just a haste pot and fishing pole oO :headbang:
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Pawtrack
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Venture co., Duskwood, Hydraxis, Draka

Unread post by Pawtrack »

Sarayana wrote:Congrats!! He's really, really gorgeous. :)

Oh, and could you send some of that luck my way please? I'd just like to actually see Loque in the wild once, I'm starting to think he's a cruel prank played on me by hundreds of people... e_e
I...I feel guilty now... yes, it is just a joke. THERE IS NO LOQUE!!

jk

and to not derail the thread, gratz! :D

Death leads to life
Life leads to death