Dungeon Sets Preview - Cloth Armor Sets

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Dungeon Sets Preview - Cloth Armor Sets

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

There is some voice clips of deathwing and Sylvanas as well. For the cloth sets.. I think they make you look like a witch. Especially the black set.
The first dungeon sets have been added to the beta files and Cloth sets are now available.

They are dungeon sets (5-man gear), they are NOT class raid sets. These sets drop from 5-man dungeons and possibly aren't even real "sets" with bonuses

Screenshots from Ravenheart.eu are pretty good, it looks like I'm not the only one in the world who is crazy enough to do that kind of stuff.
Link

ImageImage
Saturo

Re: Dungeon Sets Preview - Cloth Armor Sets

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm not really a fan. They could improve on these quite a bit.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

LOVE it! I love the black one so much :lol: Totally reminds me Vivi from FF and of Trigun as well ;)

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

These aren't the tier sets, just average gear you'll be coming across from dungeons.

I quite like the style.
Galahandra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Mazrigos

Unread post by Galahandra »

Well, I think the gear looks amazing!! :D
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Seems appropriately Halloweenesque in an expansion that adds Gilneas and werewolves. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

On humans, orcs, undead, dwarves, and at least the female troll it looks good. But on the other races it looks funny thanks to ears, horns, or ears and eyebrows that are peeking through the hat brim.
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

What I'd like to see is something between what we saw in BC, and what we saw in LK. In BC, there was more of a variety of gear visuals, but some of it was sooooo varied (pink plate, lime-green cloth pants) that it was almost obscene. Then, the opposite happened in LK where everything looked exactly the same, just a slightly different hue of dark. I like variety, but I also like for stuff to look decent. Don't give us lime-green bike shorts, but don't give us all marmish old garb, either.

I don't really like the cloth dungeon set, the shoulders are too spiky for me. They're almost not proportional to the rest of the set (but I love the pointy hat!!!).

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Rhyela wrote:What I'd like to see is something between what we saw in BC, and what we saw in LK. In BC, there was more of a variety of gear visuals, but some of it was sooooo varied (pink plate, lime-green cloth pants) that it was almost obscene. Then, the opposite happened in LK where everything looked exactly the same, just a slightly different hue of dark. I like variety, but I also like for stuff to look decent. Don't give us lime-green bike shorts, but don't give us all marmish old garb, either.
Yes!!! This! I like that the LK gear all matched, but I didn't like that you basically wore the same thing while leveling from 70 to 80.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Noor
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Noor »

I miss the lime green pants with the neon pink swirly pattern... :(

Ok... maybe not THAT colour combination, but I do miss bright colours. WOTLK was just depressing colourwise. And as many have stated: The gear looks the same. I miss the imagination from Vanilla and BC. I do hope they bring that back and work on re-using some of the old armor models, that are greatly under-utilized.
Noor, Level 80 Blood Elf Hunter
And a few other characters
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I actually prefer WOTLK gear over TBC and vanilla gear. Sure, there was more variety, but not really of the kind I liked. Not to mention how most of the plate in TBC looked on females. (Quest-reward gear and such). I mean, they used it even more in vanilla.

I really like the colourscheme for WOTLK armor, in addition to the design of the armor itself. It looks more realistic than some of the plate in vanilla, that were basically shirts made out of metal, except for a few items, that were chestplates, or even some other stuff, which was really just a metallic bra. Yeah, I'm talking about YOU, Warrior's Embrace!

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Nevar wrote:Totally reminds me Vivi from FF and of Trigun as well ;)
Final Fantasy came to mind to me as well. And now that you mention it, I can see hints of Vash's coat in there...

I think they're kind of meh, but then I don't play any cloth classes that regularly, except my warlock, who won't be my main in cata.
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

If I had a caster I'd be cutting myself right now.. witches.. really?.. really?..
Account has been closed at user's request.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Slickrock wrote:If I had a caster I'd be cutting myself right now.. witches.. really?.. really?..
Imagine my pain then. I have several locks, SPriests and a mage. I really don'tlike that set, and if this is how they intend us to look...

I'm lucky I know modelhacking.

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Those are horrible. I'm sorry for the clothies out there, looks like it's time for trick or treating!