ENGINEERING AND HUNTERS AND YOU

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

ENGINEERING AND HUNTERS AND YOU

Unread post by Royi »

i was just reading up on a thread about getting rid of ammo in cata - making engineers sad - something along those lines.

i just want to say. I will always be an engineer! Even without making ammo psh. i never did that to make money - I just mine things to make money / do dailies.

If you really want to, the pet bombling and lil' smokey are now BOE so go make those for some cash.

Engineering is much more than that. How awesome is it that I can port to Gadgetzan, Toshley's Station, or Most of the zones in Northrend (wormhole) instantly?

I have a personal butler named Jeeves, and I also bring out my mailbox quite frequently.

Also having a AH in Dalaran is a huge plus so I can just park there and never have to leave for IF or SW or whathaveyou.

Out of my 3 80s - 2 of them are engineering. My new main thats a hunter, is already pushing 400 engineering at lvl 65. Plus with the Gnomish Army Knife, I have a way to rez people sometimes if it works too!

Plus at lvl 65 if you level up engineering to get the Frost Goggles of the.... (something like that I believe around 420 or 425) they're basically lvl 78 blue headgear that you can wear at 65!

Final words in a minor wall of text: Parachute Cloak!!!! Flexweave Underlay! That saves me so many times and makes it fun in game :) While you are floating down you can still shoot enemies with your gun/bow too!

That being said, I do not plan on making any money with Engineering, in fact I believe I have lost thousands of gold amongst all my engineering characters. But I do it for the love of fun trinkets/ thingys

Pyro Rocket is a fun way to get killing blows with as well. VROOM ROCKET!
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: ENGINEERING AND HUNTERS AND YOU

Unread post by Vephriel »

I became an Engineer for the gadgets. I hardly make money off of it, but that's not a big deal to me. I find the fun and practicality of most of the items really useful and overall it's just awesome to have. ^^
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm an Engineer for the gadgets too, aye, and the tinkers aren't too shoddy either. I just loved that if I ran out of ammo in a raid, I could just make some new. And the ammo was my main way of making money with it, and it still will be, because farming up the mats for those pets will only net me income for the pets, while I could get ammo while I was flying around farming up my mining.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

does the epic ammo sell well (that costs a primordial saronite to learn i believe)?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It sells well enough to make your mining runs more profitable. I earned back what I spent after less than a week.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Aquillian
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel

Unread post by Aquillian »

/cheers!! Those are all the goodies I became an engineer for >:) I have the ICC schematic for arrows but I've never sold any... just shared with friends or my guild's bank. I am excited that it's going away. I became an engineer for the fun stuff!

And honestly? The mote extractor makes MORE than enough money for me, along with mining!
Slickrock

Unread post by Slickrock »

Right now I'm making money from the bullets. Not a lot, but enough.

Come Cata, there are a few questions...

1) How good are the new goggles?.. will there be lvl 85 versions?

2) How good will the new scopes be?

3) How good will the new crafted weapons be? are they only starter epics?

and finally, 4) What are those new engineering "gems" for? looks like they might be on par with JC gems. How many does an engineer get?
Account has been closed at user's request.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

check out this article on MMO that was posted a few weeks ago: shows the goggles and what the new tinker items will be

i'm interested to see what the cogwheel sockets and hydraulic sockets will be like. +132 crit rating doesnt sound too bad.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/186 ... chy-Comics

shows scopes as well too (+88 crit, +88 hit, ranged haste +88)

*drool

I'm still waiting for the Engineered crafted Flying Winnebago 5 person mount. (think spaceballs)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I never, ever take up engineering for the money. And the ammo? I sold fifteen stacks of it the other night for 2g each, netting me 30g. So it's not exactly like I'm rolling in cash right now. That's why I don't understand the uproar of, "Now we can't make any money off of ammo!!!" Crap, go kill a few dudes in five minutes and sell the grays/greens for more than you can sell ammo. :lol:

I'm a gnomish engineer at heart, I've always LOVED the trinkets, even if they seem pointless to some people. I fondly remember getting yelled at in a Gnomer run many years ago when I used a gnomish shrink ray on a boss that instead backfired and shrunk my group. :lol: I remember trying to use a Net-o-matic projector to net a flag runner in WSG, and instead having it backfire and net both of us to the ground, and I'm laughing too hard to shoot the guy. I remember my battle chicken that hit for a whopping 1 damage per hit, before exploding for a couple hundred (to my pleasant surprise). Yep, gnomish is the best.

Buuut, this time I had to take goblin because my husband's hunter had gnomish and well, I had never tried goblin before. But I'm not into bombs, I find them cumbersome and annoying to try to throw, especially when I can auto-shot for more damage than a bomb does, and the stun doesn't really seem long enough to make it worthwhile, PLUS the enemies always run out of the bomb range before it makes contact with the ground. So yeah, maybe I'm just a bomb noob, but oh well.

I have heard that specializations will be going away in Cataclysm. Can anyone confirm?

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Rhyela wrote:I have heard that specializations will be going away in Cataclysm. Can anyone confirm?
Indeed so. They will use recipes rewarded from boss kills and dailies instead.

Lycanthrope
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune, Cenarion Circle, Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Lycanthrope »

Saturo wrote:
Rhyela wrote:I have heard that specializations will be going away in Cataclysm. Can anyone confirm?
Indeed so. They will use recipes rewarded from boss kills and dailies instead.
Amusing, I would love to see more on this.

/demands Cata be done now! :P
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

On a happier note - my lvl 65 Hunter is now 426 engineering

with the fancy Blue Snow Goggles (ilvl 183) of the Beast or whathaveyou
http://www.wowwiki.com/Mechanized_Snow_Goggles

Gnomish Lightning Generator trinket
Noise Machine trinket
and a Flexweave Underlay on cape

I love it because it makes her very OP, still contemplating whether she needs the Wormhole Generator yet, I'm thinking so...

Go Engineering!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Rhyela wrote:I never, ever take up engineering for the money. And the ammo? I sold fifteen stacks of it the other night for 2g each, netting me 30g. So it's not exactly like I'm rolling in cash right now. That's why I don't understand the uproar of, "Now we can't make any money off of ammo!!!"

If you are referring to my thread where I ask about the state of ammo in beta, it's not exactly an uproar. I simply mention that for the time being making ammo is a bit of a money maker for my engineer who makes arrows for guildies and friends.

And as far as I know, the Icecrown recipe arrows (I forget the name) are excellent money makers on my server. (I don't happen to have that recipe, as I don't do any dungeons).

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

Sukurachi wrote:
Rhyela wrote:I never, ever take up engineering for the money. And the ammo? I sold fifteen stacks of it the other night for 2g each, netting me 30g. So it's not exactly like I'm rolling in cash right now. That's why I don't understand the uproar of, "Now we can't make any money off of ammo!!!"

If you are referring to my thread where I ask about the state of ammo in beta, it's not exactly an uproar. I simply mention that for the time being making ammo is a bit of a money maker for my engineer who makes arrows for guildies and friends.

And as far as I know, the Icecrown recipe arrows (I forget the name) are excellent money makers on my server. (I don't happen to have that recipe, as I don't do any dungeons).
Oh no no, I wasn't referring to your thread, I may or may not have even read it. The uproar I'm referring to is just forums here and there that I visit once in a while. Seems like a lot of people are making it sound like engineering is their sole source of income, and it is a great injustice to take ammo out in Cataclysm. Sorry if it seemed I was attacking you, I certainly wasn't. :) :hug:

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

I went to get a nice head piece made for my horde hunter but didn't pay attention to the Binds when picked up in the resp. So I had it made and now I've wasted mats on something I can't even use on a different toon. I think it's stupid how they did that. The eng only Armour pieces before that are boe not bop. I'm not even going to bother sending in a ticket for it either. Not worth it really for me. I just ended up closing the game without logging out.
Rhyela

Unread post by Rhyela »

The epic level 70 versions (well I think you could actually wear them before 70) from BC were the same way. :) Had a pair on my druid before I dropped Engineering and made her Inscription.

But yeah, it sucks.....I've done that before. :( More than once, I'm embarrassed to admit. :lol:

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Not just that Adam, you have to have engineering 400 to wear them. It's that way for most of the good engineering stuff.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Saturo wrote:Not just that Adam, you have to have engineering 400 to wear them. It's that way for most of the good engineering stuff.
I know that. My horde hunter has eng. It still makes no sense that you need 440 engineering to make it/learn it and 400 to use it ?
Mr. Perfect
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mr. Perfect »

Twizwick Sprocketgrind is responsible for my engineering degree. After fighting my way to the top of the Venture Company Mine in Mulgore, it was more then a little surprising to find a friendly goblin up there teaching a strange profession. After grinding through leatherworking on my first character, it was a no brainer getting such a fun profession for my second character. After all that skinning just to make one throw-away white item, who can argue with a Goblin promising to teach you how to make whirring bronze gizmos?

At any rate, I'd probably leap to my death a countless number of times if I couldn't use the flexweave underlay anymore...
Mr. Perfect - A nickname fraught with peril.
Renle
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Renle »

How awesome is it that I can port to Gadgetzan, Toshley's Station,
I dropped Skinning on my hunter a few months ago and picked up engineering just for the gadgets. I was able to feed it with a mining alt (the only think DK's are good for imo lol *runs away from angry DK's*)
However, I didn't know about this, how do?

~•*¨*•.¸¸Running Wild!¸¸.•*¨*•~

~Krypto~ | ~Raiden~ | ~Rush'Kah~

~Mini Pets | Armory | Mounts~

My Dragon Cave
^ Clickeh ^