Total votes: 40

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: pondering

Unread post by Aweena »

Mania wrote:
Chrizesu wrote:Odd, I have had friends with autism and it was under my belief it is a biological issue as there are Asperger cases that handle themselves very well compared to some sever cases of autism.
In the US right now, they are working on the next major version of the DSM (Diagnostic & Statistics Manual) -- the book that describes a lot of psychological and mental syndromes and disorders. One of the big controversies (big at least in the circles I run in) is whether or not they will place Asperger's on the autism spectrum or not. Some research goes one way, some the other, and most of the research I've looked into myself is complete bunk. *grin* That's one reason I say that it strikes me as very political rather than scientific.

Suffice it to say that I had a lot of symptoms and behaviors when I was very young that would have gotten me classified with autism had I been young now instead of then, and that I had a lot of symptoms and behaviors when I was an adolescent that would have gotten me classified with Asperger's had I been an adolescent now instead of then, and that I have learned to mask all of those behaviors so completely that only about 50% of my doctors now will accept that there is any credence to any of this.
Dulanie wrote:Arthritis, siezures(which sucks since I wanted to join the military), ulcer, no gall bladder, heart murmur, and migraines(which my neuro meds only made worse >.<)
That's rough -- especially the seizures keeping you out of the military. And I sympathize entirely with the migraines -- my depression meds helped with mine, but not so much with the depression, and now they are switching me to mood levelers that make the migraines worse.
not only in the us they are doing the same in europe as they find more diffrent types of autisms

aspergers are the people with "normal or higer iq" in my understanding from a few courses in it as my son is autism and adhd witch seme to be a common thing here to have both types

autism spectrum well "under the normal iq" and even that wont always be rigth the mind is truly somthing we will have millenias before knowing entirely how it works and even then i dont belive we will ever really learn

somthing new will apear as always they are still trying to figure out what sepporates the diffrent types of autism there are currently four main groups in the danish diagnostics system

and still they cant say one is only one type of it only thing to do is to learn to work with it atm im having difficulties with it cause i not only have my own to worry about my son is far worse than i ever was so it takes all my energy to keep us both well luckily we manage and i only need to figure out how to get my self out the door evry morning :?

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Unread post by Emowin »

Oh I noticed I forgot a couple of things on my list

EXTREAMLY low self esteeme (I'm dirt and hidious and I know it I just cant seam to make every one elts realize it, my friends make me put a quarter in a jar every time I put my self down...nuts looks like I owe them 50 cents.)
Social Anxiety
I am a Cutter (reformed but I still have scars all over my arms from an incodent with a sharp cuticle remover) I didt cut looking for attention, it is simply that one pain distracts from another. Phisical pain is easear to put up with then the mental pain. I still look at sharp objects when the depression really gets to me, and I have to force my self not to pick them up and use them.

*hugs Mania* Its nice to know i'm not the only "Fat, Lazy, Faker". Thats what all the kids in school used to call me in gym when I coulnt run around with them. But then I was the social pariah of Chesaning High. I was the out cast of the out casts. I traveled in large groups of one.

But has any one elts with ADHD noticed its a fun "disorder" to have. I quite often render my friends to bouts of side spliting laughter with my odd ball antics and extream randomness...I call it "Ooo look kitty" syndrome. They call me the quiet riot, and their children call me "the funny one" when they don't remember my name.
Suzi
Realm: Elune US, Nesingwary US

Unread post by Suzi »

I know I've not posted much or been here long (I guess I'm more of a lurker) but I feel in good company here.

Mentally I have clinical depression and anxiety. I've been this way since high school after years of trying to hide from my problems instead of dealing with them. If I could I'd go back in time and tell myself to let someone know that I couldn't cope and needed help.

Physically I have PCOS with related issues, and regular back pain thanks to an injury I had a few years back. If I didn't have the physical problems I'm not saying my mental health would be fantastic but it would be improved tenfold.

Tivoni of the Petopians on Nesingwary-US

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

I was supposed to write in this topic for awhile just haven't had the time.

I have chronic depression (for a long time, might be over six years even) coupled with many many complexes (which I seem to invent more as I go on life), also dyslexia.
Low selfesteem problems also, I am my own worst enemy in truth.
Everything about myself I hate, looks, persona, the works. Even complements from teachers/friends/family are like punishments and makes me want to cry.

I remember and swirl bad things said to me forever in my head, for example I am callled an idiot...I really believe I am an idiot and a horrible person, this makes prone to saying sorry alot and begging for forgiveness. But I don't take any good things said about me to heart, I don't believe them.

Another interesting factor is that I cannot feel happiness or 'fun' (maybe I do but I don't register it) which makes me wonder why I play games or do my hobbies.
Voicing opinions or making choices are also hard, I feel like I have no right to voice, object, make a choice in any matter.

Then theres a horrible perfectionist case in me, thinking that failure is not an option for me. I might seem like a cheerful and happy person, this is an act I am deadserious.
And these issues are being fixed, I want to be healthy in mind.

Physicaly I am healthy as heck oddly. I have a very normal heatlhy diet and so on.

Now everybody GROUP HUG! *hugs everyone*

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Aww...

*Hugs back*

And I understand about depression and low self esteem. It even went so far as an attempted suicide. I got some drugs and now I'm fine tough, except for migraines from the drugs. For the self esteem I had to go to some group psychology -.-

That was pure bullshit tough.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

*hugs*

My therapist had me work on self-esteem a lot, and it was very helpful until my psychiatrist found a drug that worked. Then my mind more or less cleared up and I couldn't understand why I'd been so hard on myself. although to be honest ... I have periods a couple time a week still -- usually just a few hours long, thankfully -- where I am convinced that I do not deserve to live. But because they are short and because I don't believe that the rest of the time, I can wait them out.

(Incidentally, I'm not trying to prosletyze medication or anything -- I know it's not for everyone. I just wanted to share my experience.)
rubybeam
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by rubybeam »

i had asbergers sydorme ever since i was born i friggen hate it i tell u i used to live hell because of it >.>

i worte a story about it alittle while ago but it's on a diffrent site i don't know if u can view it
http://www.subeta.net/journals.php?act= ... ser=475341
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
Emowin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Several

Unread post by Emowin »

*comes flying into the room and pounces on the group hug*

You guys are better than any therapist I EVER had.....they were all quacks.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

We are certainly blessed with a very open, loving community here. ^^ Despite the whole Forum being fairly new, it already feels as though I've known some of you for ages. :)

:hug: