Request!: Screenshot of Camo

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Request!: Screenshot of Camo

Unread post by Dvatori »

I'd love to see how camo looks if it's implemented.
Oh great beta testers, take pity on me.

OR do you just turn invisible...?

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: Request!: Screenshot of Camo

Unread post by Sarayana »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/755 ... ideo-here-!

Looks like they're using the new water effect. :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Epicfail
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Uldum

Unread post by Epicfail »

That, is the coolest, thing, evar. I have been leveling up a rogue for kicks. That vid alone destroyed any drive I have of leveling em further. Its not DAOC awesome (true stealth sniper class), but I'll take what I can get.

If they keep this to live... I've had this particular cookie snatched from my hands the last two expansions and would prefer not to get excited till its live.
I don't really feel like this is so much the "Post-Modern" era as much as its the "Pre-Zombie-Apocalpse" era. I consider myself more of a forward thinking guy and an era that just won't die is just as feasible as a coming era, where the dead come back.
Sarayana

And did you see that 16k aimed shot opener??? :D :D :D

I know what you mean though, but the blue post on it says that that's how they want camo to look so... I'm hopeful, at least. :)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Liquid powahs activeight!

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

I like how when you hold still, you become nearly invisible (also didn't realize camo affected yer pet too), but when you move you become a tad more visible, then slowly vanish as you stop moving.

As someone in the comments mentioned, I hope yer name plate doesn't above yer head as that'll kinda ruin it.
Dvatori
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (A)

Unread post by Dvatori »

Whoa, that is awesome. They went all Predator effect with it!
Thanks Sarayana!

Proud owner of Nyx; an Original Grimtotem Spirit Guide.
Avatar and Signature Wolf by the inimitable Ket Shi.
My Squiby Eggs!

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

MaximumOverdrive wrote: As someone in the comments mentioned, I hope yer name plate doesn't above yer head as that'll kinda ruin it.
A poster by the name of Vallkor said the following on Elitist Jerks, the results of a duel with a Shadow Priest:
Vallkor via Elitist Jerks wrote:I couldn't find a Hunter to duel me, so I used a guildmate Shadowpriest.

Some basics:

Out of combat/duel, he was able to /target me and follow my nameplate if I was moving. While standing still, he could only see/target me if he was within ~5 yards or so. This also applied to being in combat.

While camouflaged during the duel, he was unable to do anything harmful at all even if he could see me and stand right on top of me. He was unable to dot me, wand me or melee me. Mind Sear didn't bounce off a nearby mob and Psychic Scream was completely ineffective.

I was able to Feign > instantly Camo at any point in combat (which then led to the above scenarios of being "untouchable").

We also tried putting a dot on me and then using Camo to see what happened. Needless to say, feigning into a Camo with a dot on you results in the next tick breaking you out of Camo.
So it looks like it's not total stealth but somewhere in between. Looks a bit fun but as a top level ability, we'll have to see how its practical applications work out. For PvP it will be great, for PvE we shall see.
Victorelle
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Kilrogg (US)

Unread post by Victorelle »

thats so over epic...
Gelannerai
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Baelgun

Unread post by Gelannerai »

Ok, that looks a good bit more fun than I was expecting. The ability to FD then escape to Camo may give us our melee survivability I believe. :twisted:
Protego
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Azuremyst

Unread post by Protego »

I was wondering about this epic Hunter, Cataclysm ability. I love the Camouflage video! It does indeed look very cool. Ah, yes, very Predator-like indeed. LOL I so can't wait for Camouflage at level 85!
Robot Wars is renewed for 6 episodes! I love some Exotic pets! And I hate spiders for.. "pets"!

Curumor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: The Maelstrom

Unread post by Curumor »

Looks absolutely awesome!
Only problem I foresee is the pvp applications of it.
As I understand, you're able to place traps without breaking Camo. And if the above scenario of being untouchable during Camo holds up, that leaves one hell of an escape mechanism! Which is bound to get a ton of QQ and then a nerf.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Curumor wrote:Looks absolutely awesome!
Only problem I foresee is the pvp applications of it.
As I understand, you're able to place traps without breaking Camo. And if the above scenario of being untouchable during Camo holds up, that leaves one hell of an escape mechanism! Which is bound to get a ton of QQ and then a nerf.

Dont stress, any aoe will break it. Fan Of Knives, Shadowfury, Chain lighting, Starfall, Multishot, Seed Of Corruption, etc... every class will have a way to hit you, just a matter of possibly pushing a different button to knock you out of it. And while you may look a little stealthy and all, I dout that it will remove the big "RED" name above your head making you less likely to be seen...

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Curumor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Curumor »

Spiritbinder wrote:

Dont stress, any aoe will break it. Fan Of Knives, Shadowfury, Chain lighting, Starfall, Multishot, Seed Of Corruption, etc... every class will have a way to hit you, just a matter of possibly pushing a different button to knock you out of it. And while you may look a little stealthy and all, I dout that it will remove the big "RED" name above your head making you less likely to be seen...
That's what I'd assume too, but according to the EJ quote, and the vid I'm gonna link, you are pretty much untouchable in Camo.
You break it if you do dmg or take dmg (from DoT), but you can lay and trigger traps (and trap launcher).
You can also dismiss/call pet and changes aspects without breaking it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDBQjFzd ... r_embedded#!
Sarayana

Yeah, you're untargetable, so nobody can toss a direct spell at you., but most aoes will still take you out of it. I know people will QQ no matter what, but I don't think it's op.

Curumor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Curumor »

No, you're untouchable (atm, at least).

In the clip I linked, the guy clearly says that AoE (effects and damage) does not hit you in camo. So it's essentially a very cool 1min bubble.
I'm pretty sure it won't make it live as it is now (not that I'd mind if it does though :P)
Sarayana

Well I don't know when the different information is from, but the most recent thing I saw was that most aoe will take you out of it. Considering that anything else would be overpowered, I'm going to go ahead and assume that that's what Blizz wants.

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

o...m...g.... that is so freaking cool!!! i cant wait for cata now!
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Curumor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Curumor »

Sarayana wrote:Well I don't know when the different information is from, but the most recent thing I saw was that most aoe will take you out of it. Considering that anything else would be overpowered, I'm going to go ahead and assume that that's what Blizz wants.
You might be right (and it would make sense, balance wise), but can't find any vids that confirm it, only vids that show the opposite.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Gelannerai wrote:Ok, that looks a good bit more fun than I was expecting. The ability to FD then escape to Camo may give us our melee survivability I believe. :twisted:
Like a rogue's "OHSHI-" vanish button, yes! Vanish is beyond awesome on rogues, it'll be double awesome on hunters!

(Stealthy moo cow, ftw!)

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||