The WOW Movie.

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Re: The WOW Movie.

Unread post by Gimlion »

I wouldn't agree that every game turned movie goes bad, Seeing Sephiroth as your Forum Avatar has me wonder if you have ever seen FF7 Advent Children, which i believed was an excellent movie.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Nia
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sentinels - US

Unread post by Nia »

Chrizesu wrote:Yeah, I really don't want to think about it either. Without even seeing the movie, I could probably script a 10 times better movie.
I'm really sorry, but I really stopped reading this thread at this point. First off, WE DON'T know if the movie is going to be bad or not. You all are assuming that this will turn out to be a pile of Sh!t.

But this comment, just really got me. I DARE YOU, to do as you claim. Pen a better script. And let us all decide after the movie comes out.

I'm not saying its going to be a masterpiece, because I like to keep my judgements on movies until after I see them. But I just can't stand people that are saying "Oh this is going to be terrible, even I could do better" before they even see it.

Sonata
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill, Bloodhoof.

Unread post by Sonata »

Gimlion wrote:I wouldn't agree that every game turned movie goes bad, Seeing Sephiroth as your Forum Avatar has me wonder if you have ever seen FF7 Advent Children, which i believed was an excellent movie.
Caught my hand in the cookie jar you did sir/ma'am.

I admit that not all game to movie adaptions are not horrible, this is a result of quick no thinking while typing. (I mean I like the Mortal Kombat movies)

But anywayyy the Varian twin might be a little bit over the top, hey maybe Onyxia splitted him again!!

"I'm in SPAAAAACE"

Chrizesu
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Sisters of Elune (US RP)

Unread post by Chrizesu »

Nia wrote:
Chrizesu wrote:Yeah, I really don't want to think about it either. Without even seeing the movie, I could probably script a 10 times better movie.
I'm really sorry, but I really stopped reading this thread at this point. First off, WE DON'T know if the movie is going to be bad or not. You all are assuming that this will turn out to be a pile of Sh!t.

But this comment, just really got me. I DARE YOU, to do as you claim. Pen a better script. And let us all decide after the movie comes out.

I'm not saying its going to be a masterpiece, because I like to keep my judgements on movies until after I see them. But I just can't stand people that are saying "Oh this is going to be terrible, even I could do better" before they even see it.
It was a horrible thing for me to say, but sometimes it takes a lot to save a butchering script. It may turn out to be one of those movies where the thing that saves it is purely CGI effects.

As for the script, I would base it off of one of the lore books. It would also promote revenue in the books as well as the game.

Mains: [Burninrain|Zirconium|Ivoress|Nantosuelta|Sunrain]
Alts: [Emuishéré|Cynderlilly|Runicated|Marcell]

Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

depending on the budget of the script the races I see used most are Humans, Dwarves, Night Elves, and gnomes. If I remember correctly they are going to have Darnassus in the movie.
We don't die. We multiply.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

They HAVE to have a badass, dark rainy night in the jungle, troll ambush scene. You only see flashes from the lightning... aw, that would be so cool. I totally expect this now. I'm gonna be disappointed. :(

Jakjak
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Jakjak »

Sam Raimi + human protagonist = Bruce Campbell?

I shudder to think how much more that will split the audiences.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

I'm annoyed they're going to do a live action film. Blizzard's wealth is practically limitless, they should really be using their own studio to create a cgi film. They could accomplish so much more in that respect. As far as the story point goes, I'm dissappointed and annoyed that they're taking the stereotype story aspect. There is so much lore richness for both sides they coudl easily pen something that worked for both sides.

They're really gonna have to pull something pretty damn good for it work. Well, no they don't really do they. Money wise, the movie is already guarenteed too be a success isn't it, people will still go and see it in droves regardless. Always happens.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, I'm doubtful that the movie will be very good, but I know I'll be seeing it regardless just because, well...it's a WoW movie and I have to see it. >.>
Lilandre
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow (US

Unread post by Lilandre »

When I first heard rumors of a wow movie I was hoping they would do the War of the Ancients trilogy.

I don't think Ill be seeing the wow movie if its as bad/biased as it sounds...

unless we can spam sam with requests to do WotA until he caves...

Lil, What does beast lore say about its armor rating?
ITS OVER 9000!!!!

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

im disapointed. If its ally only side it feels like the other half (horde) is beeing ignored. Atleast what they could do is make a second movie horde only :p

btw 1 thing i wanna see are epic battles like the ones in Lord of the Ring

thats just amazing!!! imagine if a server would be able to hold such a raid against SW or Orgrimmar with more than just 40 man raiding :p
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Saturo wrote:Think of it positively tough, if the younger players and the new players go alliance, the horde will be a more mature environment.
I've noticed this myself as well as my buddie that the horde for the most part seem to be more mature and actually listen. It's like ppl who make alliance toons are stuck on stupid sometimes. You tell them clearly don't stand in the fire or whatever. So what do they do ? They stand in the fire and die. The thing is everyone I play with in the game is alliance and I just can't get used to the layout of the horde cities. I can't stand undercity. Silvermoon is ok but it's not close to anything really and it's dead.
Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

AdamSavage wrote:
Saturo wrote:Think of it positively tough, if the younger players and the new players go alliance, the horde will be a more mature environment.
I've noticed this myself as well as my buddie that the horde for the most part seem to be more mature and actually listen. It's like ppl who make alliance toons are stuck on stupid sometimes. You tell them clearly don't stand in the fire or whatever. So what do they do ? They stand in the fire and die. The thing is everyone I play with in the game is alliance and I just can't get used to the layout of the horde cities. I can't stand undercity. Silvermoon is ok but it's not close to anything really and it's dead.

I dunno, my experience shows theres just as many numbnuts on BOTH factions.
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Sphax wrote: if a server would be able to hold such a raid against SW or Orgrimmar with more than just 40 man raiding :p
Actually, this has happened on Kilrogg. Two Horde raids, composed of three guilds raided Stormwind, and succeeded in holding the city for hours, since the only Alliance counterattacks were random level 80s rushing in.

They even sent out small groups (5people) to kill all the auctioneers. It was painful to be Alliance that day...

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Saturo wrote:
Sphax wrote: if a server would be able to hold such a raid against SW or Orgrimmar with more than just 40 man raiding :p
Actually, this has happened on Kilrogg. Two Horde raids, composed of three guilds raided Stormwind, and succeeded in holding the city for hours, since the only Alliance counterattacks were random level 80s rushing in.

They even sent out small groups (5people) to kill all the auctioneers. It was painful to be Alliance that day...
EPIC.

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Okay, when we all get to 80 on Nesingwary we're totally holding an epic Alliance raid. :lol:
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Vephriel wrote:Okay, when we all get to 80 on Nesingwary we're totally holding an epic Alliance raid. :lol:
We are SO going to go hold the Dun Morogh inn at Kharanos. Just bunker down, slaughters anything what walks in.

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I had hoped the movie would be more even-handed and not be canted towards one faction or the other.

I guess not.

But really, folks...does anyone remember the Dungeons and Dragons live-action movie that came out several years back? I have a feeling that's what we're going to be faced with. That film wasn't really written primarily for people who played D&D, who knew every little nuance of the game. Yes, there were moments of that in there...but that flick was written to be profitable when viewed by those who didn't even own a set of funny-looking dice. (And yes, I realize the movie wasn't very good and wound up tanking...but how it performed and what it was intended to do are two different things.)

I think we'll likely be seeing the same thing with the WoW movie, really. Targeted and marketed to make it palatable and interesting to the non-WoW-playing audience with enough cameos and "moments" thrown in so that we Azeroth junkies will go see it at least once.

Which is not to say that I think that's quite what Blizzard wanted...but it may be what they wind up with in order to turn a profit. After all, if "Gone With The Wind" hadn't been profitable, it wouldn't have gotten enough replay time to have ever been considered a classic. Hollywood's brutal that way.

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

I dunno, my experience shows theres just as many numbnuts on BOTH factions.
I agree and even though I'm primarily an Alliance player I do have an Undead 'Lock and Undercity is the best Horde city by far.
Jakjak
Realm: The Scryers

Unread post by Jakjak »

Tahlian wrote:But really, folks...does anyone remember the Dungeons and Dragons live-action movie that came out several years back?
I do now. Must re-forget...where's my rum....

I hope and pray that Blizz won't let that happen to the WoW movie.