Quivers/Pouches to bags

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Doth777
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US Agrammar

Quivers/Pouches to bags

Unread post by Doth777 »

Not sure if this had been noticed or brought up yet, but in the last build I found that the ammo bags had finally been changed over to actual bags. Of the ones I have:

Dragonscale Ammo Pouch- 18 slot
Nerubian Reinforced Quiver- 20 slot

and the old lvl 60 epic quiver:
Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina- 24 slot!
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Quivers/Pouches to bags

Unread post by Kalliope »

Oh really?

Awesome.

:D

I knew there was a reason I'd been wearing the lamina lately. ;)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Doth777
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: US Agrammar

Unread post by Doth777 »

Yep :) and it also puts the quiver on your back again which I thought was cool. Here's some screens to verify:
WoWScrnShot_092510_214328.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092510_214328.jpg (415.94 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
WoWScrnShot_092510_214332.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092510_214332.jpg (415.41 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
WoWScrnShot_092510_214337.jpg
WoWScrnShot_092510_214337.jpg (411.07 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Kalliope

Lovely! :D

I wonder if the quiver you had equipped was chosen to be the largest because you had it equipped or if it's because it's THAT quiver.

YouTube Edition

Lohuran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Sentinels (RP)

Unread post by Lohuran »

I've noticed that (on the PTR, at least) the quiver shows up on your back at the character selection screen and when you log in, but if you cycle your weapons until you draw your ranged weapon again, the quiver will not reappear. D:
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Doth777 wrote:and the old lvl 60 epic quiver:
Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina- 24 slot!
Yaaay! Still epic! :D :D

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Notice in the Screenshots the blue item level items are NOT unique... but the epic one is; so one could essentially get 4 of the 28 slotters & hold em till Cata for 4 28slot bags? :?
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Tilo wrote:Notice in the Screenshots the blue item level items are NOT unique... but the epic one is; so one could essentially get 4 of the 28 slotters & hold em till Cata for 4 28slot bags? :?
Notice how in the earlier post its mentioned that they don't have as many slots once they've been converted to bags*? :mrgreen:

*With the exception of the old lamina, which gains slots.
Kalliope

Anyia wrote:
Tilo wrote:Notice in the Screenshots the blue item level items are NOT unique... but the epic one is; so one could essentially get 4 of the 28 slotters & hold em till Cata for 4 28slot bags? :?
Notice how in the earlier post its mentioned that they don't have as many slots once they've been converted to bags*? :mrgreen:

Aaaaaand they don't even have the same number as each other.

Diminishing returns?

YouTube Edition

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

Kalliope wrote:Aaaaaand they don't even have the same number as each other.

Diminishing returns?
I have the exact same quivers/pouches in my bank, and their sizes are the same as reported here already. I agree it seems a bit peculiar. I've raised a note about it on the PTR.
Kalliope

Anyia wrote:
Kalliope wrote:Aaaaaand they don't even have the same number as each other.

Diminishing returns?
I have the exact same quivers/pouches in my bank, and their sizes are the same as reported here already. I agree it seems a bit peculiar. I've raised a note about it on the PTR.
The idea is probably to stop hunters from stockpiling ammo bags and getting free 24 slotters. Hence bag #2 having 20 and #3 having 18....just my theory, though. It's good that you're asking. :D

YouTube Edition

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Anyia »

Kalliope wrote:The idea is probably to stop hunters from stockpiling ammo bags and getting free 24 slotters. Hence bag #2 having 20 and #3 having 18....just my theory, though.
I suspect it's only the Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina that turns into a 24 slotter. After all, it's an epic quiver (and unique)!

That said, I don' t know about you, but I already have at least Frostweave bags (20 slots) everywhere*, so having diminishing returns on the quiver conversion just seems a bit silly to me. If I transfer Anyia over to the PTR again before the patch hits, I'll try to remember to craft up another quiver or ammo pouch just to see. :) Professions are still borked on the PTR so I can't even see if I still have the patterns there or not.

* And I'm still out of bag space - sigh
Kalliope

Anyia wrote:
Kalliope wrote:The idea is probably to stop hunters from stockpiling ammo bags and getting free 24 slotters. Hence bag #2 having 20 and #3 having 18....just my theory, though.
I suspect it's only the Ancient Sinew Wrapped Lamina that turns into a 24 slotter. After all, it's an epic quiver (and unique)!

That said, I don' t know about you, but I already have at least Frostweave bags (20 slots) everywhere*, so having diminishing returns on the quiver conversion just seems a bit silly to me. If I transfer Anyia over to the PTR again before the patch hits, I'll try to remember to craft up another quiver or ammo pouch just to see. :) Professions are still borked on the PTR so I can't even see if I still have the patterns there or not.

* And I'm still out of bag space - sigh
*giggles ruefully* Yep, I have 20+ bags everywhere and am also out of bag space. ;)

It doesn't make a whole lot of sense that the ammo pouch and quiver would turn into bags with differing numbers of slots, unless one of those numbers really is a bug.

It'd be really cool if the lamina was the only 24 slotter...though not so much for the hunters without it. ;)

YouTube Edition

Sarayana

Kalliope wrote:It'd be really cool if the lamina was the only 24 slotter...though not so much for the hunters without it. ;)
Honestly though, it's the one quiver you actually have to quest for. You don't just craft it or buy it, you gotta jump through hoops. For that reason alone, I think it's fine that it's larger.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Tilo
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Stormrage, Cenarius, & Ysera-US

Unread post by Tilo »

Anyia wrote:

'facepalm' missed that vital information my bad... :(
♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪ ♩ ♬ ♫ ♪
Signature Kamoodle []
Silvarain
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary Horde, Azjol-Nerub Alliance
Location: lost in a dark isolated forest, waiting to be found...

Unread post by Silvarain »

It'd be really cool if the lamina was the only 24 slotter...though not so much for the hunters without it.
i would sadly be one, but not for lack of trying! this makes me a sad panda cause not only did i buy the NRQ but no matter how many blue drakes i killed none of them dropped the hide i need for the quest nor has all my camping got me face time with either world boss that drops it :cry:

Edited hours later: my post is in no way saying that things should be changed to make just me happy. i have NO prob with lamina being the better deal. im just crying because of my horrible luck with rare mobs, drops, and such. this post was badly edited to move questions i had to a better thread. im AM well aware cow, which is why im crying for time is running out on me....
Last edited by Silvarain on Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ron: "Up next, is the world ending? But first weather with Ororo. Ororo?"
Ororo: "It's raining frogs, it's raining frogs. What can i say? Back to you."
Ron: "Thanks Ororo."

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well why should hunters who did not go thru that quest get a bag the same size? its hard work questing for that bag ya know :S
Sarayana

Silvarain wrote:
It'd be really cool if the lamina was the only 24 slotter...though not so much for the hunters without it.
i would sadly be one, but not for lack of trying! this makes me a sad panda cause not only did i buy the NRQ but no matter how many blue drakes i killed none of them dropped the hide i need for the quest nor has all my camping got me face time with either world boss that drops it :cry:
The blue dragon boss in Aszhara has a 100% drop rate on it. Don't go to Winterspring, he's easily soloed at 80, just takes 5 minutes.

Also, I got the black drake whatever-that-drop-was from my first kill of a black drake in Badlands. This quest is infinitely easy to do at 80.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Its finding that blue is the hard part i mean hes on a 4 to 7 day respawn timer lol
wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

Hi there Doth777 nice photo taken :) but i got good advice for you.... please do not show every1 your pictures with how much gold you got because i would not like see any1 get hacked :( anyways please cover it over that what i do with my pictures :) anyways have a good day thanks for all awesome photos you taken :)