Call Pet?

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
punctuation
Realm: Stormrage

Call Pet?

Unread post by punctuation »

The official Patch 4.0.1 Class Change Mechanics says:
Hunters can now use Call Pet to choose from among five different pets.
Do you think this means they got rid of the level requirements for each of the five Call Pet instances?

I really hope they did. Having to wait 'til 82 seems silly, since being able to call a fifth pet isn't quite as exciting as being able to call that second pet. This will make the taming rampage I plan to go on as soon as the servers are playable much, much easier. But for some reason, I doubt it...
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Re: Call Pet?

Unread post by Kalliope »

punctuation wrote:The official Patch 4.0.1 Class Change Mechanics says:
Hunters can now use Call Pet to choose from among five different pets.
Do you think this means they got rid of the level requirements for each of the five Call Pet instances?

I really hope they did. Having to wait 'til 82 seems silly, since being able to call a fifth pet isn't quite as exciting as being able to call that second pet. This will make the taming rampage I plan to go on as soon as the servers are playable much, much easier. But for some reason, I doubt it...
They DID discuss it, but it's not that way on the PTR. So honestly, no idea. I hope hope HOPE they changed it.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Fayos
Realm: Sylvanas EU

Unread post by Fayos »

Hm, I dont really see the problem? I might be slow... I mean, we get the ability to call four pets right away, the fifth is at 85. I dont really see whats a problem with that? Atleast thats what I was able to do when I transffered my hunter to the beta at 80.
Sekhmet
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Sekhmet »

The fifth Call Pet "spell" is trainable at 82, so says the spellbook on the PTR. That's fine with me, as I only use three different pets (raid, PVP and soloing).

Plus, you do get your 20 stable slots, so...
Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

At what lvl does this new Stable and Call Pet ability come at now, in 4.0.1?

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Sekhmet

Unread post by Sekhmet »

Stables, I would imagine would be at level 10, but not sure.

The first rank of Call Pet is trainable at 10, since you no longer learn to tame pets like before.

Keep in mind, new hunters get pets at level 1... even though they're more guardians than true-to-form pets. At level 10, you learn how to tame and call your pet, and the pet/guardian you had at the start will get the pet bar, be commandable, renamable, so on and so forth.
Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

Sekhmet wrote:Stables, I would imagine would be at level 10, but not sure.

The first rank of Call Pet is trainable at 10, since you no longer learn to tame pets like before.

Keep in mind, new hunters get pets at level 1... even though they're more guardians than true-to-form pets. At level 10, you learn how to tame and call your pet, and the pet/guardian you had at the start will get the pet bar, be commandable, renamable, so on and so forth.
I ask because I was holding off on buying the last slot on my Alliance Hunters (150g?!?) because I knew that the patch was coming soon. I'd hate to log in tonight and then not get access to the extra slots until the 70s.

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Sekhmet

Unread post by Sekhmet »

You don't have to buy the 20 stable slots. They're given to you. The only thing you have to buy is the spell to call pets 1-5.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

These are all different questions than what Punctuation was asking.

Blizzard had discussed giving us all of the active stable slots at the beginning vs. the "four by 80 and the fifth at 82" method that popped up on the PTR/beta. Punctuation was just asking if this had ever been implemented, since the extra active slot will make taming today a LOT more convenient.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

As of now in the game, you don't get the fifth until lvl 82...

Also, for some reason, I can't summon my first pet in my stable. Keep getting error "You do not have a pet to summon." no matter what pet I put there...must be a bug.
FuzzyDolly
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Velen, Nessingwary

Unread post by FuzzyDolly »

Wait, I'm confused. Right now I have 5 pets "with" me. 1 out and 4 in storage. That makes 5 pets that I can switch between. From what I'm reading does this mean at 82 I can keep 6 pets with me? 1 active and 5 in storage? I'm still downloading the patch, so I haven't been ingame to check out the new system.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

FuzzyDolly wrote:Wait, I'm confused. Right now I have 5 pets "with" me. 1 out and 4 in storage. That makes 5 pets that I can switch between. From what I'm reading does this mean at 82 I can keep 6 pets with me? 1 active and 5 in storage? I'm still downloading the patch, so I haven't been ingame to check out the new system.
You can currently have up to 4 pets with you at a time, and 20 pets in storage.

When you get to 82, you can have 5 pets with you at a time.