Quick Vid: Horde Scorpion Mount Animation

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Quick Vid: Horde Scorpion Mount Animation

Unread post by Arwyn »

A short vid from Total Biscuit showing the Scorpion Mount in motion. Though there is someone on the mount, for some reason the rider became invisible so you can't see how a person will look riding the mount.

Requirements for a guild to get the mount (so far since things can change):
Guild level of 25, must be exalted with your guild by contributing to your guild, guild leader has to get the mount first (in Beta at least) to unlock the mount for others, and right now its priced at 1200 gold.

Though this is a great looking mount, I kinda wish that Blizz had made both the Alliance and Horde guild mounts flying mounts to get more usage out of them since with the ability to fly nearly everywhere in Azeroth these mounts will probably be seen more around the major cities then out in the wilds of Azeroth. Unless there's some guild doing a screenshot-of-the-day somewhere out in the wilds of Azeroth with everyone mounted up on the guild mounts.
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Quick Vid: Horde Scorpion Mount Animation

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

That's a really awesome mount! I wonder how long it will take my little guild to be able to get it. I would love that thing for my Orc Shaman. :D
Arwyn wrote: Though this is a great looking mount, I kinda wish that Blizz had made both the Alliance and Horde guild mounts flying mounts to get more usage out of them since with the ability to fly nearly everywhere in Azeroth these mounts will probably be seen more around the major cities then out in the wilds of Azeroth. Unless there's some guild doing a screenshot-of-the-day somewhere out in the wilds of Azeroth with everyone mounted up on the guild mounts.
To be honest, seeing level 80s ride around low level zones is already not a common sight. Sure, there're a few things to do (achievements, farming and taming pets mostly) but apart from that level 80s stick to Northrend, where they use flying mounts anyway. And in BC level 70s stuck to Outland, where they also used flying mounts anyway. My point is, ever since BC we haven't really needed ground mounts in endgame content and they are mostly used to ride around between portals, the ah and the bank. So I really don't think that being able to fly in low level zones, where most high level chars rarely go anyway, will make that much of a difference.

Lok'tar ogar!

Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

Battlegrounds. Cities. Showing off. Battlegrounds are a big one. I'm going to assume that Blizz will disallow in-city Flying, much like Dalaran.

Personally, I'd say I only use Flying mounts if I'm traveling interzone. I also tend to just walk/run, even in Dal/OG.

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Currently in Beta you can fly in major cities, as well as Dalaran.

Either way, there's still opportunities to use ground mounts, and for flying we'll have the Dark Phoenix to strive for. :)
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

There will always be opportunites to show off your cool ground mounts, like in battlegrounds, in some dungeons, hanging around Dal or other cities, etc. Who wouldn't want to show off this awesome scorpion mount anyway?

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I would so show this mount off on cow just think how big it would be on her! mounts get bigger on cows so just think! haha
kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

*drools*

Scorpion mount looks really awesome. Already it's become my most favorite ground mount.