I need raptor help!

Anything related to Hunter pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

I need raptor help!

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ok I want a raptor on Cow now my fav skin is the red plain one http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/raptorskinred.html but i have that on GorGor my alt (named after GWARS pet T'rex he is!)
and so I don't want it on cow.

I can't deside to tame the red Outland one http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/raptor_outlandred.html or the Green vanilla one http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/raptors ... green.html. I just want one as I don't really want to have to of the same faimly on Cow. So can you guys help me with this? I really can't choose!
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Re: I need raptor help!

Unread post by Redith »

For a Tauren hunter...Id go green. It just looks like something cow hunter would tame
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd pick the green one too. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

wildstormz
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shandris

Unread post by wildstormz »

Green also^
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

3 greens cool I'll wait a bit before chooseing so others can post.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Green is good!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

I'd do the green one, too. It's fairly rare, eye-catching, and doesn't have that goofy tiny, pointed lower jaw that the Outland models sport. Then again, the weird slanted eyes of the Old World raptors put me off too >.< But I'm a fan of the green!
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

I'm gonna go against the grain and say, tame both- no not tame and keep both. But tame both, and spend some time leveling and playing with them, because after you tame that green raptor, what if something nags at you; if only you had tried out the red one? You might like the outlands version more? But you already have a green raptor, and you don't want to have 2 raptors, and it might leave you feeling disatisfied.

This way you can really know if you'll be content with the green one.
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

I've never really been a fan of the Old World Raptor (except Takk and the red one, they rawk my sawks). So I'd definately say the Red Outland. =) I have a Green Outland one named Anthwax on Tyuri, and he's absolutely adorable! I did what Ryai suggested a long time ago, I grabbed a Old World Red, levelled and played with him for a bit, then got a Green Outland and I instantly fell in love. <3 In the end, it's your decision. See if you get that warm, fuzzy feeling when they run back to you for either colour, and go with that one!

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

cowmuflage wrote:I can't deside to tame the red Outland one http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/raptor_outlandred.html or the Green vanilla one http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/raptors ... green.html. I just want one as I don't really want to have to of the same faimly on Cow. So can you guys help me with this? I really can't choose!
My vote is for the green vanilla - other then the purple/black one, the outland models' coloring just doesn't do it for me... in a weird sort of way having most of their hind end bearing a darker color and the front end lighter makes them look like they're wearing some kind of goofy pants or overalls or something... dunno.

Maybe I'm just bitter over the true spiny raptors from cata concept art never being implemented... :)
Cerele
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Cerele »

hmm i prefer the spiky blue one or the black one.
but green or red? id go with green. well what the heck you can tame both!

signature thanks to Kurieno
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

I'll add my voice to the votes for green. Even though I tamed Takk again last week (I was riding by checking for some pesky Alliance in the Barrens and there he was. I tamed him for nostalgia sake) I do prefer the green ones.

When it comes to Outland/ZD spiky raptors, I really do like the black ones best.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Um Cerele if you read my post i said i don't want to tame both.....
Antares
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Thorium Brotherhood

Unread post by Antares »

I always vote Outland models over Vanilla. They just looked cooler and more deadly. Then again, I'm biased to TBC because, of all the content I played through when Wrath came out, it was the most fun.

Anyways: Outland Raptors :) Could also get the colour changers from ZulDrak if you like variety. I named mine Shank. :)

Huntmaster Blightrunner, <Neverender> Thorium Brotherhood -- lvl 110 Forsaken SV Hunter

Luupin
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Unread post by Luupin »

Antares wrote:Could also get the colour changers from ZulDrak if you like variety. I named mine Shank. :)
Yeah, like the changers. I tamed a juvenile raptor and didn't realize they change back and forth on the color, lol. I prefer the juvenile color pattern, so I need to get a drake from Occulus to stop time for mine, haha.