New Hairstyles (I'm making them!)

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

New Hairstyles (I'm making them!)

Unread post by Jangalian »

There's some new crap....scroll past my rant post.

Has anyone been on to see the new lady dwarf hairstyles? I may gag. I may race change, which would be a damn shame since I have been a dwarf for going on six years now. Do they TRY and make us the most under-used female race of all time? Well, it's working!

Last edited by Jangalian on Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Saturo

Re: New Hairstyles (for dwarfettes, anyways)

Unread post by Saturo »

Heh! Those look awful on the already (IMO at least) awful dwarves. But then again, I doubt the goblin hairstyles will look good on non-goblins anyway.

I just think they should fix the faces / animations of female dwarges before adding something like more hairstyles.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yeah, it's pretty bad, but the humans are worse in the face department. But it's getting to the point where people only play female dwarves for the luls. I get comments all the time of "Wow, a real girl dwarf! Omg!" and holidays that require my race, my sex + race, or my class + race are a nightmare. I just give in, and stand on a street corner somewhere and let people pelt me with petals, or whatever.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

I'm always the first to cheer for more options, but these hairstyles are aweful. :(
They are too messy, very unappealing looking. They look like goblin hairstyles to me... I wonder if Blizzard is adding some more hairstyle conversions to the barber shops or something?
My dwarf won't be using these, I love my long braids too much to swap out for something like this.

ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I think the styles themselves are alright, but there's too much contrast in the detail between the hair and the faces. They look like they don't match - like a bad wig.

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Sorcha Ravenlock wrote:I'm always the first to cheer for more options, but these hairstyles are aweful. :(
They are too messy, very unappealing looking. They look like goblin hairstyles to me...
That's because they are two hairstyles tacked on top of eachother. I'm not in beta so I can't say from experience but from the comments on Wowhead it's be figured out that they are 2 hairstyles stuck together, hense the awkward texture differences in the styles themselves.

That being said, I can't WAIT to see more hairstyles in game, especially for trolls :D I hope Blizz adds lots more in game.
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Mindsprocket
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Mindsprocket »

Gumballs wrote:
Sorcha Ravenlock wrote:I'm always the first to cheer for more options, but these hairstyles are aweful. :(
They are too messy, very unappealing looking. They look like goblin hairstyles to me...
That's because they are two hairstyles tacked on top of eachother. I'm not in beta so I can't say from experience but from the comments on Wowhead it's be figured out that they are 2 hairstyles stuck together, hense the awkward texture differences in the styles themselves.
That's what I thought, too. E.g. in the second it says the hairstyle is called "Bun", which already exists, and you can see the bun. But then there's random tufts sticking out of it. I guess that's not intentional.

Not saying that the Goblin hairstyles would look good on dwarfs even if displayed properly, but I really think the ones we see here are just a bug.

Lok'tar ogar!

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yeah they really don't work on dwarves... :? Personally, I've tried switching my dwarf's hairstyle, but ever since I first went to the barber shop and gave her the looped braids, I just can't switch it. She's just meant to have black looped braids.

I hope they add more hairstyles for the other races. I'd love to see some of the messy worgen styles for the tauren, something other than long or short braids would be wonderful!

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ket Shi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ket Shi »

Yeah, they made all these cool hairstyles for worgen, and most races have to put up with Easter grass hair. I really hope they retrofit them and pass them out to the old races.
Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

You mean theeeeeeeeeeeese hairstyles?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4foTchUFVKg

Sorry, I love them so, and I love that song, so I couldn't help but repost 'em. I would love to have the two puffy pigtails with long bangs, or the "Kusangi" bob, or even that one with the skull scarf!

EDIT - the song.....I don't even know what it is. The real song is Turmiön Kätilöt - MTD/DNA, and here's a video if you want to play it. It's really superior to that musak crap they replaced it with and makes the werewolf chicks seem dangerous. >D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KEEvW-R- ... =1&index=2
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Those look like they're going through the bug that Worgen had in early beta. Worgens, when they changed to the new model/textures, had all their hairstyles displaying at once too.

My guess is that all those Goblin hairstyles and unused Worgen hairstyles will be spread amongst the races. God I hope they add some of the Worgen hairstyles to the NE female hairstyles. I'd kill for there to be more than 1 nice long hair option with NE.

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

......My flashbulb went off in my brain, and I shall has a gift for you all to look at when I get home later. I would do it on this work pc, but it be "le crap".

I'm suddenly very awake! Thank you, Russian grey tea + Turmion Kätilöt!
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Sorcha Ravenlock
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Sorcha Ravenlock »

Gumballs wrote:

That being said, I can't WAIT to see more hairstyles in game, especially for trolls :D I hope Blizz adds lots more in game.
Oh absolutely, the more options the better :D
Some races could really do with some added hairstyles, like trolls and orcs. Nice big wild hair would look awesome on a female orc I think. I'd love really long hair, like night elves and female dwarves get on my human mage as well.
I'd also would love more haircolors, like blue for gnomes, and a nice dark brown (like the blood elves and gnomes get) for humans.

At least this is a sign they are working on more options, hopefully come Cata we'll have more choice at the hairdressers :)

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I agree, this looks like a bug. I actually kinda like the first one, which appears to be the only unbugged one.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Something like this would be cool. I'll make more of these when I come back from dinner. Brb

I would have made her a hunter, but WMV only lets me display the DK eyes. Bah.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Flirty? Yeah..no.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Jangalian wrote:Something like this would be cool. I'll make more of these when I come back from dinner. Brb

I would have made her a hunter, but WMV only lets me display the DK eyes. Bah.
Haha when you said you had something in mind that's the one I thought of. It immediately jumped out at me, I'd love to have that on my tauren druid. :) (Yeah I know we're talking dwarves here but you know.... a gal can dream, right?)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Uh, let me see if I can do that on a tauren...brb again.
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'd actually use that on a toon, I think. :)

WTB more dwarven hairstyles like the double braids - cause they flyyyyyy on casts!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jangalian
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Your wish is my command. =)

I feel like I screwed it up, because I didn't make her wear armor, and I couldn't fudge the ends of the hair next to her fur. Oh well. =x
( •_•) Many whelps!
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■) Handle it.