RP Troll Pet Help?

comicjunkie1

RP Troll Pet Help?

Unread post by comicjunkie1 »

Hey fellow hunter enthusiasts! This is the first post of a forum lurker, so bear with me.
I'm going to be starting a new hunter here soon. I've been a fan of the trolls ever since WCII, and I want to rp as one that really fits into the lore with his dialogue, gear, and especially his pet.
What I want to decide before I even start the character is what his main/leveling/leisure pet will be. I think I have it narrowed down between a bat (I always thought the forsaken kind of stole 'em from the trolls; they were riding them perfectly fine in the Frozen Throne!) and a wind serpent. If anyone has any suggestions about which one or which skins might give me the best gameplay AND roleplay or if they think another pet would work better altogether, I would love your input. :mrgreen:
Saturo

Re: RP Troll Pet Help?

Unread post by Saturo »

This kind of guide exists for every race in the game.

http://www.wowwiki.com/How%20to%20rolep ... wikiaphone

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Jadvya
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard US

Unread post by Jadvya »

Saturo wrote:This kind of guide exists for every race in the game.

http://www.wowwiki.com/How%20to%20rolep ... wikiaphone
I'm not going to lie, that's a pretty awful guide. I use RP Made Simple and How To Play..., and both are wonderfully simple and thorough at the same time.

EDIT: Pet-wise, I'd suggest a raptor (one with feathers and beads) or a tiger for a troll. Both have nice DPS skills. I'm working on a guide for matching pets to your character's race/culture, and I'll post some of that when it's done.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Never actually read the troll one...

*Reads it*

Oh, aye.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I have two troll hunters.

One is actually into voodoo and worships the snake loa.
Since I don't like the tameable snakes in WoW, he always has a pet snake out and his companion is a >>> crocolisk <<<.

The other one tamed himself a >>> yellow hyena <<< and is very happy with her.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I've found many pets suitable for trolls. Snakes, cats, bats and spiders are all represented by Jungle Troll Loa, and I've always thought that Warpstalkers make great pets symbolizing Dambala, the Shadow Hunter Loa.

In general, though, raptors (often of the red or green variety) cats (Panthers and tigers) serpents and Wind serpents are the most "troll" in my mind. Going with that, red or green pets are very bright and, well, trollish.

As for RPing them, all I can say is that those I have met in-character are often pretty fun-loving and give the impression of being care free. Also, many use a nice troll accent which makes me happy to read. Kind of annoying that so many troll NPC's have no accent to speak of, or just throw in a "mon" after every sentence >.< *Finds herself rambling again* *shuts up*

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Everyone's already stated the best ones. ^^ I find anything reptilian is very fitting, just stay away from Birds as the Darkspear Tribe considers them weak spirits.
Talody
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Talody »

I think my troll looks great with with his hyena walking along beside him. :)

Dragons!
Jandos of <Petopians>
with
Truffle and Glasgow