I must be clinically insane...

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I must be clinically insane...

Unread post by Nick »

Not only am I trying to level up my Druid to 80 (she's at a unsteady edge of 63 with a Heirloom item), but I also made two more alts. Hunters, to be exact. And I'm insistant on getting them up to 80 as well from the 11 and 12 levels they are. And to top it off, I just re-started a DK, since my other one was just new to Outlands and I wanted a name change to what I had my warlock's name as before I deleted her because she was underplayed.

I really need to stop making alts. :(

Anyone else have trouble with making alts and never playing them or making them and then just keeping them for their name?

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Re: I must be clinically insane...

Unread post by Sarayana »

Yes! I held on to my warlock for oh... a year longer than I should, simply because I liked her minion names. They were awesome *sigh*

What I usually find happens is that I'll play one alt for a while, then get distracted by something on one of my mains or another alt, and kind of "rotate" through my toons. It helped a lot when I realised I don't actually have a deadline in-game. You know... nobody's gonna fire me if my alt doesn't reach level 50 by May, that kind of thing. That realisation was a major stress reducer! :lol:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Dulanie
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Blackhand

Unread post by Dulanie »

Don't feel bad I think we all go through something like that. I myself have a 70 rogue that is in T4 and S3 gear that hasn't been touched since Wrath came out, but I have lvled my hunter from 34-76 in the last 6 weeks, and started a paladin to boot.
We don't die. We multiply.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Well, I think I'm in the same boat as you, and mine just happened moments ago...

I have...operative word now is HAD...a final slot on my account on Saurfang. I had every single intention of making her a Belf Huntress and to run her out to Silvermoon City, kit her out with 22-slot bags from Kastarakov and officially sit her at the bank. Next thing I know, I'm picking a name of a character I created (also a Belf) meant as the wife of Kas way, way down the track of his storyline (Cleyandra, also a Huntress). I think, uh oh, I'm getting attached and I haven't even created her on the character screen yet! Then my mind goes on what pets she's going to have. Uh oh x 2.

So after creating her, suddenly I get the idea she's going to need some heirloom gear on her, you know, in the rare bloody case I get bored of farming on Kas/Laz and need a respite! So, from the ally bank alt comes the Trinket and the bow, and from my unplayed druid alt (she's level 50, storyline purposes) comes the leather chest and spaulders. Then I run Cleyandra from the starting zone to the mailbank, equip the heirloom gear, run her back to the starting zone and start levelling her.

...only to realise I actually enjoy Belf Hunter females.

Watch as Kas's future wife gets to the big 80 before I actually realise he still needs gear XD!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I hear ya. I'm an altoholic to the core. I love rolling new chars and starting the first few levels of any class, even if I don't go very far with them.

I also have a tendency to get them between 20-30 and just forget them. But like Sarayana mentioned, I do occasionally 'rotate' around when I get the urge to play a class again and I have it. And sometimes I gain motivation all over. My paladin stayed at level 30 for months and looked like he'd become a bank alt; but I found the motivation again and now he's one of my 3 80's :D

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Yes! I held on to my warlock for oh... a year longer than I should, simply because I liked her minion names. They were awesome *sigh*
That was sorta the only reason I kept my lock too. Curse her good minion names! >->

And I know I don't have a deadline, but what happens to me is I get bored of leveling an alt, go back to my main toon and forget my alt for maybe a couple days to a week before going back to my alt.

After playing a hunter once, it kinda gets dull with the quests I've done. I'm amazed I was able to keep my Druid without letting her go. And the only real reason I made more hunters is because there's pets I want and names I want for thoes pets, but my main hunter's stable slots are all filled up (with three Spirit Beasts: two are the same one except for the characteristic gender difference (Skoll; one female the other male. Aphrodite and Ares respectfully) and one is Loque while my other two pets are the non-tameable slime like Mania's and my wolf for dungeons).
Well, I think I'm in the same boat as you, and mine just happened moments ago...

I have...operative word now is HAD...a final slot on my account on Saurfang. I had every single intention of making her a Belf Huntress and to run her out to Silvermoon City, kit her out with 22-slot bags from Kastarakov and officially sit her at the bank. Next thing I know, I'm picking a name of a character I created (also a Belf) meant as the wife of Kas way, way down the track of his storyline (Cleyandra, also a Huntress). I think, uh oh, I'm getting attached and I haven't even created her on the character screen yet! Then my mind goes on what pets she's going to have. Uh oh x 2.

So after creating her, suddenly I get the idea she's going to need some heirloom gear on her, you know, in the rare bloody case I get bored of farming on Kas/Laz and need a respite! So, from the ally bank alt comes the Trinket and the bow, and from my unplayed druid alt (she's level 50, storyline purposes) comes the leather chest and spaulders. Then I run Cleyandra from the starting zone to the mailbank, equip the heirloom gear, run her back to the starting zone and start levelling her.

...only to realise I actually enjoy Belf Hunter females.

Watch as Kas's future wife gets to the big 80 before I actually realise he still needs gear XD!
Oh my...

And now you got me into the role playing mood and I want to create a male tauren something for my level 80 tauren hunter and maybe have my Druid hook up with my male troll hunter (the level 11) and they can skip off into the sunset; my Druid just moonfiring anything in sight while my hunter sets his pet moth Nightshade on anything that goes near them.

(Druid's name is Harpier. Yes, she is Merlin's pet owl familiar, lol. Troll's name is Jasmon. Sounds Troll-ish and is a type of plant to boot. Therefore Harpier + Jasmon + Nightshade. :P)
Last edited by Nick on Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

I have been trying sooo hard not to make more or play my alts lol I don't want to get burned out before cat when I want a goblin hunter, worgen druid and hunter.
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Bulletdance wrote:I have been trying sooo hard not to make more or play my alts lol I don't want to get burned out before cat when I want a goblin hunter, worgen druid and hunter.
You're in the same boat I am with the Cata problem. I want to make a Worgen hunter (go figure, hunters are like the lifeblood and bane of my existance in one), but I don't want to get worn out before then.

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Harpier wrote:
Bulletdance wrote:I have been trying sooo hard not to make more or play my alts lol I don't want to get burned out before cat when I want a goblin hunter, worgen druid and hunter.
You're in the same boat I am with the Cata problem. I want to make a Worgen hunter (go figure, hunters are like the lifeblood and bane of my existance in one), but I don't want to get worn out before then.

Well...probably not as obsessed as I am.
I have 6 slots already filled on Khaz'Goroth (as is where we plus a good chunk of our guild are moving to once Cata goes live) - specifically for hunters. Yes, all six slots = hunters...specifically 1 Undead Hunter, 2 Goblin Hunters, 1 Human Hunter and 2 Worgen Hunters. My husband has since called me insane...and what he called me went beyond that when I told him I'd already picked out all of their pets too...

And when the other 4 characters (Laz, Kaz, Daxi and Cley) are moved over to that server, the bank alt (Daxi) will be the only non-hunter on the account.

My (real) name is Vee-Jay and I am Hunter-obsessed to the waypoint far beyond insanity...!

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

*snorts*

I make a new character every day, you're certainly not alone! :lol: I'm usually not satisfied until my character list is full, and even then I'll get second thoughts and delete them to start a different race or gender sometimes. xD

I'm a permanent altoholic, but I like it. xD I never get bored.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Indeed, I have the same problem.

Then again, I am clinically insane -- diagnosed and everything. So perhaps that wasn't the best phrasing for a subject line. ;)
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Ohhhhhhhh boy...I got attached to Cleyandra very quickly XD
Now she's level 21.

Black Hawkstrider Mount: "Duckula"
Ressan The Needler: "VonGoosewing" (Doctor Von Goosewing of the same fame as the mount *snrk*)
Shadowclaw: "Moriarty" (Count Jim "Thighs" Moriarty, Leader of the Free French Women. Yes, I'm a Goon Show fanatic)

Pets planned for her MM spec (current) in future:
Daggermaw Lashtail
Lost Torranache
Scion of Quetz'lun
Giggler
Agam'ar

Pets planned for her BM spec (dual) in future:
The Kurken
Skoll
King Krush
Disembodied Jormungar

Dear lord, here I go again...for the last time prior to Cata XD

Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Haha certainly do have the same problem! Especially around expansion time. I like to "reserve" names for any alts I make of the new race/class at the time.
I might level the toon once or twice, get bored, then just sit on my main and twiddle my thumbs until the expansion hits. lol

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

Kayb
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Kayb »

yes, i have lots of alts that i never play. in fact, i have 49 toons, only one shy of the 50 cap.

only one of those is lvl 80. the next is 65, then 46, then a myriad anything between 1 and 30
Check out some arty stuff?
http://admiral-lilwall.deviantart.com/

'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

http://lilwall.net