Some passing thoughts while at work.

Eldanalune
Realm: Moon Guard

Some passing thoughts while at work.

Unread post by Eldanalune »

So, my Worgen Hunter, Kela, just hit 84 yesterday. Having a good time mind you. Cataclysm really does feel epic. The stories, the history, it's great. I finished Deepholme and was like..eh...what the heck. I'll try Stonecore and see what its like. Now, patience isn't one of my strongest virtues. The queue time for the LFD was 57 minutes.

"Aww, hell no!" was the thought running through my head.

I sat back and sipped on some coffee thinking about a few things. I'm a very old school hunter. I was there, six years ago, when hunters had a special job. Like now. And I learned that job well in Lower Blackrock Spire. CC'ing. And every so often I go back there to keep practicing my CC. Ok, yes, I'm a few levels too high. But still, I practice my marking, slowing/trapping there. Old habits die hard.

I look over the forums. I just see post after post about how bad PUG'ing is right now. And yes, I agree that WotLK brought about those who never truly learned their class. Unfortuntely, the guild I'm in on Moon Guard doesn't have any high level people other than me and one other. But I started to wonder if running the heroics is going to be a good thing now. Or to even start simply...running the normal dungeons in Cata.

I then got to thinking if just PvP'ing, though I'm completely horrible at it, would just be the safer bet for the time being. Maybe do that and then when things settle down...in six months to a year...go back and run the dungeons.

What are your guys thoughts? Have you thought about this too? What do you plan to do considering what you see, hear, experience?
"Always be aware. Or was it oblivious? I can never remember."
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Re: Some passing thoughts while at work.

Unread post by Novikova »

Yeah, but by the same token - you only brought 1 or 2 hunters to Naxx any any extra for tranq shot bosses. That was /it/. Many groups didn't bother with hunters and we sat outside raids.

It's just the same as BC and before. People are learning to play a different way. People are undergeared. Granted, people forgot how brutal vanilla was if you didn't have a good group (And it's nice that it's no longer 'of the right composition').
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Some passing thoughts while at work.

Unread post by Lisaara »

Eldanalune wrote:So, my Worgen Hunter, Kela, just hit 84 yesterday. Having a good time mind you. Cataclysm really does feel epic. The stories, the history, it's great. I finished Deepholme and was like..eh...what the heck. I'll try Stonecore and see what its like. Now, patience isn't one of my strongest virtues. The queue time for the LFD was 57 minutes.

"Aww, hell no!" was the thought running through my head.

I sat back and sipped on some coffee thinking about a few things. I'm a very old school hunter. I was there, six years ago, when hunters had a special job. Like now. And I learned that job well in Lower Blackrock Spire. CC'ing. And every so often I go back there to keep practicing my CC. Ok, yes, I'm a few levels too high. But still, I practice my marking, slowing/trapping there. Old habits die hard.

I look over the forums. I just see post after post about how bad PUG'ing is right now. And yes, I agree that WotLK brought about those who never truly learned their class. Unfortuntely, the guild I'm in on Moon Guard doesn't have any high level people other than me and one other. But I started to wonder if running the heroics is going to be a good thing now. Or to even start simply...running the normal dungeons in Cata.

I then got to thinking if just PvP'ing, though I'm completely horrible at it, would just be the safer bet for the time being. Maybe do that and then when things settle down...in six months to a year...go back and run the dungeons.

What are your guys thoughts? Have you thought about this too? What do you plan to do considering what you see, hear, experience?
I'm on Moon Guard. :3 And the guild I'm in is just starting heroics now and we're gonna raid....eventually. Heroics are mad hard. So yanno....just thought I'd throw that out there. x3 You can usually find me on Jetfyre(lvl 85 druid) or Jessibelle(my worgen hunter).

But do what ya will. Mind you....waiting 6 months wont make people get any brighter.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine