Horde on my server cheating with Tol barad

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Horde on my server cheating with Tol barad

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

So I've been hearing more and more reports from players that the horde are cheating to win Tol Bard. The more people I talk to the more It's confirmed and nobody is happy about it. Today we got tol bard back once then magically they got it right back.. What has been said to what there doing is say they have 30 people in the raid. They will get say 10 people to one by one drop raid after gaining some honor. This triggers the game to bring more people into the fight. So then you have 40 horde vs 30 Alliance. This makes it even more unbalanced and pretty much impossible to win the match..

This comes to no surprise to me at all because the Horde on my server love to play dirty when it came to Wintergrasp and now Tol bard. Is there any way to confirm if this is actually true and if anything can be done about it ?
Last edited by Adam-Savage on Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Horde on my server cheating with Tol Bard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Whoa....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Haha well I see that getting nerfed soon
Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

does it work that way? if you start off with say 30 v 30, and 10 ppl drop raid, the game brings in 10 new ppl, so it should still be 30 v 30.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

"Today we got tol bard back once then magically they got it right back.. "? Do you mean it got capped and then lost immediately? That sounds suspicious, although I've had WG do that due to lag.

As far as dropping raid, when I dropped raid it kicked me out of TB (I had dc'd and lost the raid group, when I came back it booted me). Try leaving yours and see if you get kicked out; if you don't, /who and see how many players are there on Alliance, then go make a Horde alt, /who Tol Barad again, see the numbers. If they're massively uneven, post on the forums about it IMO.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nightsights wrote:does it work that way? if you start off with say 30 v 30, and 10 ppl drop raid, the game brings in 10 new ppl, so it should still be 30 v 30.
He means, those 10 people are STILL there but just arent in the raid. So technically 40 are there.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Taluwen wrote:
Nightsights wrote:does it work that way? if you start off with say 30 v 30, and 10 ppl drop raid, the game brings in 10 new ppl, so it should still be 30 v 30.
He means, those 10 people are STILL there but just arent in the raid. So technically 40 are there.
That is what I mean. It doesn't always work so I think there is some sort of trick to this because this happened alot in Wintergrasp. You would drop raid halfway through but it didn't port you out.

What I meant by we had it and then lost it is that we had control only once today then when the horde where attacking they won control back.. I've never seen them take it back so quickly. I have no way to prove this claim but it would make sense seeing as how unbalanced Tol Bard is right now.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well unless anyone has any proof of this then there is nothing you can do. Does anyone truely have any proof of them doing this? like for all you know those people you have been talking to could well just be saying they are cheating :S
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:Well unless anyone has any proof of this then there is nothing you can do. Does anyone truly have any proof of them doing this? like for all you know those people you have been talking to could well just be saying they are cheating :S
I wanna be able to disprove or prove but I'm not really sure how to go about doing this. Players are saying this in Tol Bard general chat and actually encouraging others to do the same thing.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well if you ahve a horde toon go to tol bard and like screen cap it or something. But try and not make a big scene about it as that will proberly go bad really fast.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:Well if you ahve a horde toon go to tol bard and like screen cap it or something. But try and not make a big scene about it as that will proberly go bad really fast.
I don't have any horde toons on my server anymore. I only have two 85's right now as it is.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Do what I said above :P It will conclusively show you how many players are on each side.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

It's called vent, my friends and I lost TB then 2 hours later, when it reset, got about 20 of our PvP peeps on vent and got it back in little over 3min. Not joking. And no it's not imposable, just takes a good leader and good communication. I have scoured the PvP forums and haven't seen anything on this bug, I think maybe you have a good PvP Horde guild or two on your sever is all. And if this was a bug or cheat I'm sure the alliance on your sever would be doing it too, its not like the Arathi Basin cheat, if it's just a boot glitch then both sides can do it. You can try it yourself and see, if it works then the Horde were cheating and you can do it too, if not then you just have a bunch of sore losers on your side making up excuses for not being good at PvP :mrgreen:

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Acherontia wrote:Do what I said above :P It will conclusively show you how many players are on each side.
Is there not a limit to how many people it will show ?
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

I tried this and if you leave the raid it ports you out. The mechanic for this bg is fine, I just think you have a few alliance on your server that suck at pvp the /QQ about it. You cant even cross over the bridge to get back in once the battle starts cause it will port you. So I dont understand how they think this works, but I have tried everything to make it bug and it doesnt. So as Blizz says........Working as intended.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

You could also check to see if you're getting griefed by alliance players. Check your map to see if there are alliance players off in the middle of nowhere doing nothing....or.....racing vehicles around the middle....not that I know anyone who would do that....*facepalm*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Valfreya wrote:I tried this and if you leave the raid it ports you out. The mechanic for this bg is fine, I just think you have a few alliance on your server that suck at pvp the /QQ about it. You cant even cross over the bridge to get back in once the battle starts cause it will port you. So I don't understand how they think this works, but I have tried everything to make it bug and it doesnt. So as Blizz says........Working as intended.
yah but this would happen in wintergrasp and it was 50/50 that you wouldn't get ported out so It's plausible. The only other option is there very organized. If they send 10 players to each capture point then they could capture all 3 at once possibly.
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

AdamSavage wrote: yah but this would happen in wintergrasp and it was 50/50 that you wouldn't get ported out so It's plausible. The only other option is there very organized. If they send 10 players to each capture point then they could capture all 3 at once possibly.
Has this happened to you in Wintergrasp or TB? Because I have been trying this sense last night, during the battles, and it has yet to work for me. I'm going back to my theory of good PvP Horde guilds and too many aliance on your sever QQing about it. :mrgreen:

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

AdamSavage wrote:
yah but this would happen in wintergrasp and it was 50/50 that you wouldn't get ported out so It's plausible. The only other option is there very organized. If they send 10 players to each capture point then they could capture all 3 at once possibly.
Lies.

Every time I denied joining a raid or dropped a WG raid I was always kicked out. Always. As were my friends. And for TB it ALWAYS kicks you out. I lagged/dc'd and was kicked out to org. I got on the bridge to far and was kicked out to org. You always get kicked out of TB, always.

Face it you can't win a BG every single time. Case in point, yesterday I got like 8 wins in a row on my Gobby hunter, Apricot. Day after that, couple wins and like 5/6 losses.

You can't win something every single time you play. But you CAN lose something every single time you play, as it's harder to get things set up in your favor, then it is for things to not be in your favor.

BTW: Did you make sure none of YOUR faction was dropping group? As it can happen and there can be sudden and vast changes of numbers as the game will NOT kick people from the other side when it happens.

IE: had a TB match of 5v5, then it became 8v8/10v10, then about 6 hordies dropped group and oh god we were outnumbered. And then -more- horde joined, and more joined when more ally joined. So make sure people aren't dropping group on your side or just afking out.
Cozzene
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Cozzene »

If you're that concerned about it, why not have the Alliance do the same way? If they wanna fight dirty, then fight dirty. "blahblah i shudent hafta" Well, no, you shouldn't. But if it is going the way you insist (even though no one here has yet to duplicate the circumstances), then it looks like you will have to. If you drop raid and get ported, then no, the Horde ISN'T cheating. Your side in TB just isn't as coordinated. Sucks doesn't it?