I finally got my most-loved mini-pet!!!

Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

I finally got my most-loved mini-pet!!!

Unread post by Rhyela »

After years and years of pining over this darned thing, I finally got my Emerald Whelpling on my druid! I've tried unsuccessfully several times over the past few years to farm it for myself. It never dropped. I've seen it in the AH several times but I never had the money and it would be sold before I could save the money up. I just had horrible luck trying to get this blasted thing. Well, a couple weeks ago I saw one in the AH for 7,000g bid, 8,000g buyout. I didn't have even close to that amount of money, so I sent a letter to the seller asking if they'd go lower. The worst that would happen is they'd say no or not reply at all. I ended up getting busy so I didn't check my mail for a few days, but when I finally did, they had replied back saying that the 3,000g I was offering was too low (hey, I had to try!), but if they couldn't sell it for a week, they'd let me have it for 5,000g. After a week, I hadn't heard anything further, so I assumed they forgot about me or changed their minds or what-have-you. After yet another few days went by, I got a mail saying that they were ready to sell it to me and would hold it until I was ready. I still had about 900g to save up, so I went through my stuff and sold a ton of profession mats and finally got the money. So, finally, today, after many long years, I got my Emerald Whelpling!!! It's so cute and awesome and I just love it! It was totally worth the money to me. It does this little twirl in the air, it's so cute! I started /dancing with it and as soon as I did, it twirled in the air like it was dancing with me, too. =3 Yay!

Thought I took a screenshot but I must have deleted it. I'll try to remember to post one tomorrow. :)

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Dexster
Realm: The Maelstorm EU

Re: I finally got my most-loved mini-pet!!!

Unread post by Dexster »

wow for just a companion so mouch gold XD i could be using that gold for better things but if ur happy from it so its worth it :3
Tyuriwen
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Terenas (EU)

Unread post by Tyuriwen »

Oh bless you! I absolutely adore the whelplings, the only one I don't have is the Netherwhelp (and I'm really hoping they put in an Atramedes whelpling, SO CYUUUUUUUUUUUUTE <3), and I would definately pay that much money for one of them if I didn't need them already. Inflation is a cruel thing.

Day of release of the Azure Whelping I decided to farm for one, ended up with 2, sold one for 300g...you can tell I'm kicking myself now, haha! :P

Walk softly, and carry a big gun.

{My Pets|My Mounts}

bloodysam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Scryers!

Unread post by bloodysam »

Woah! lots of money for that whelping Holy Buckets! but gratz on having your lovely Whelping

Born a lonewolf...choosen to be with pets!
Thanks for the awwsome signature Pooksie!!
Samarachan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Samarachan »

It's not alot :) Considering how much I've spent over the years for mini-pets...

Grats sweety! Enjoy it.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

It really depends on the server. Ysera is pretty large alli-side, so there's usually someone there that will pay the high prices, so the minipet market is pretty steep.

Congrats on your new addition!! :D I love the whelplings and I really wish I had the gold to buy the red and green ones, I lurve 'em. <3 I'm surprised you didn't give it to Rhy though, with the green theme and all! ;)

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Well, grats on your little whelp! I'm also curious why the little guy didn't go to your hunter.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Furiku
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Furiku »

Gratz on your whelpling! That's the last one I need out of the basic whelps...and my second favorite look. I wish I could go your route and buy it, but on Lightbringer the last I saw was that they're running over 30k so yeah. I've only had over 10k once and it was like...12k. Hah. Looks like it's grinding for me.

Hey look, they announce Illidan returning in some form and suddenly I'm back. Hmmmm I wonder if there's a connection. :D

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Congrats on the whelpling! I've got the Azure Whelping on Aritria, but I'd love to get the others as well for a complete set. Grinds, grinds, grinds!
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover