Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: The strangeness of the kitties (or other pets you have)

Unread post by Vephriel »

My little black cat Hexter is by far one of the strangest kitties I've ever owned. x)

First of all - he's a complete suck. He loves to be pet or scratched, however....he cannot sit still long enough to receive any form of affection. xD He comes meowling for attention but as soon as you start trying to rub his belly or scratch his ears he starts squiggling and runs away, only to come crying back that you stopped petting him. Resume petting and he'll roll away. :lol:

He's also a food ninja. He'll eat anything, stuff that I've never known normal cats to like. Vegetables, fruit, ice cream, a piece of meat that was COVERED in hot spices. We can't leave anything on the stove uncovered because he'd jump in the frying pan to try to steal whatever was in it. One time we caught him up on the counter digging into some chicken breasts that were just cooked. I come around the corner and spot him up there in the dish. He freezes like a deer in headlights and looks at me, then glances down at the chicken, looks back up to me, then looks down and snatches a piece in his mouth and darts away.

He's come right up to me as I'm eating before and just watched me put the fork up to my mouth and then swipe the piece of food off of it and go running away. :roll:
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

A parrot I had would steal shiny things. My keys, coins, and he even tried to take my cellphone once.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

well i do have a certain cat that does act strange some of his strange behavoirs include

purring one minture and then playing with you hand the next
licking toes
biteing chins
looking in the window when he wants in
drinking bathtub water
following people into the bathroom
puffing his tail fur out as much as he can when he's not even cold
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
BooBoo
Realm: Wyrmwrest Accord

Unread post by BooBoo »

Hahaha one of the resident kitties here also drinks from the tub faucet. It took me awhile to figure out what was going on. She would jump on me for attention, and I would think, "Ewwwww why are you all wet?!" Then I kept finding hair in the tub. :P

For as the eyes of bats are to the blaze of day, so is the reason in our soul to the things which are by nature most evident of all.
--Aristotle
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I would swear my little cat was dropped on his head as a kitten or that he's "special". Maybe he's just a cat. :lol: He will get so caught up in using the house as a racetrack sometimes he crashed into things. He attacks the rugs for seemingly no apparent reason. Sometimes the toilet paper rolls aren't safe. He follows me around the house all the time. Loves being brushed and having his nails clipped. :lol: He's also a very vocal little cat. Constantly talking.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

zedxrgal that's pretty normal. Shadow tears around the house at high speeds, sometimes bouncing off of things as he goes. And then he will bug you until you pet him, even going so far as to nuzzle under your hand.

Buddy is my cat, though. He likes to sleep on my chest, and then nuzzle up under my chin and wrap his paws around my face. I've had affectionate cats before, but he takes the cake. Buttercup is a little calico with two different colored eyes that I found while I was walking through the woods. She is...different. She likes to randomly attack anything, but then she'll snuggles down and purr.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Oh, forgot to mention one thing about my cat Hexter.....his brother is his dad...so yeah...he's a bit special. >.>
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

My cats:

Drink water out of the bath tub after a shower has been run.
Terrorize the koi fish in the pond out back.
Meow for attention, then nip you when you pet them.
Bite your chin.
Climb up on your shoulders like a parrot and lay there while you do stuff.
Attack computer screens, mostly when there is moving stuff on them.
Occasionally fall into the toilet.
Occasionally fall into the koi pond.
Attack legs while going up stairs.
Nomming your toes.
Licking your ankles.
Stealing crap, like pens, off my desk.

And more.
My calico is a basket case and does most of the stuff listed but sometimes by mixed-breed siamese does the same stuff as well.
Both fall into the toilet, attack screens, legs, and lick the tub clean on a regular basis however.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Rarako
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Hakkar, Mug'thol

Unread post by Rarako »

Smudge, my late kitty, would always follow me around. If I was sitting in a chair he had to be in my lap or have a chair to himself or he would not tolerate it. This lead to breaking down to his whims and removing the foot rail on my bed and placing my desk there so he could have his spot next to me, and later to me buying an antique chaise lounge as my computer chair when I switched to a day bed so that he would have two places to sit because it was either that or buying a second computer chair. He would hang out with me to my left, the foot of the chair, in the spring and summer or curled up right between the back and arms of the chair in the winter. I can't even sit in it anymore because I just start to feel lonely....

My other cat, Milo, hates for people to focus on her and will only get affectionate if you're doing at least one other thing (watching TV, messing with the computer, trying to read). She also craves drinking from the sink. About two years ago she started to yowl in the hallway at 5:30 in the morning on the dot and if someone came to check on what was up she would just look expectant and trot into the hall bath room where she would sit in front of the sink until you picked her up, put her on the counter, and turned the sink on for her. This went on for about four months until I bought a "Cat Fountain" water bowl as a joke and because Smudge had gone blind. Smudge used it as a way to tell where the water bowl was and Milo just loved to drink from the spout, once we got that she never cried for morning sink time again. ^_^

Many thanks to Vephriel for the amazing sig!

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

My kitties can be strange.

Rose: howls for ice.
Gabbey: insists on having hot water poured over his dry food, and it must be hot.
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

The now late Mischief used to play with one of our dogs. He'd lay in wait on top of the wood pile, then jump down on top of Ollies back, and they'd go tearing around the yard.

We used to have a little patch of catnip growing out back, and the late Rogue would frequent this spot. She'd roll around in it, and vigorously defend it against anyone who tried to lay there. Or come near. Or things that looked vaguely cat like around the area. Or just dirt.

The late Yin was a pretty, fluffy white cat who belonged solely to my mother. She used to climb on top of the house, probably to keep warm. Except she wasn't as agile as the other cats who got up there, and could never figure out how to get down. Her solution? Well, we'd usually hear her claws screeching on the roof, and then a loud thud. Poor thing would just FALL off. We used to say she was parachuting down.

Which brings me to Tennesse. Tennesse is a HUGE orange and white tom cat, and he isn't fat. But he is a complete pansy. I have never, ever, ever seen this cat defend himself when even toms half his size attack him. He is the current rooftop sitter, since none of the other tom cats can get to him. Sweetest cat ever.

With my family, every night at eight Blue waits patiently for my father to round up the other cats and put them out, so he'll feed her soft cat food. ANd if he takes to long, the seventeen year old blue mautese will assist him in finding and herding out the other cats. Sometimes Buttercup helps.

Side note: The reason for so many lost cat's is that apparently, some one in the goverment or wildlife preserve thought it would be an AWESOME idea to release coyotes into the wild in the mountains of NC. Now if any of you know about coyotes, you'll know that they eat ANYTHING. They've even started going after live stock. Unfortunately my family had no idea about that when we moved in ten years ago now.

As another note, they also apparently thought it'd be a great idea to release MORE rattlers, I think it was, into the wild around here as well. Brilliant move, people.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

My cat is extremely docile, except when he gets into spaz mode. One second he will be sleeping in the kitchen. Then he instantly jumps up as if someone banged somthing. Dart his head around and bolt, peeling out in the kitchen and often running into walls.
He also torches my dogs, when our big dog Dakota wags his tail Shadow will come out of nowhere and attack his tail, jumping up and down whacking it. Then when Dakota turns around Shadows takes off at full speed.
He also stares at things on the ceiling, tarting his head around following invisible things. Quiet creepy.
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Haha all these stories are so funny! I have many pets, so this might take a while.. I'll try to keep their quirkiness brief! First off, my cats:

Alley-Bean: She's got extra toes, and always feels the need to bop me or anything else with her tiger sized paws! She's really grumpy, and only lets me touch her feet.. she also never leaves my side! She sleeps on the computer beside me, or in my lap.. she sleeps next to me, and she meows or paws at the door if it's closed. Once, she was investigating the wall above my bed by standing on the edge of my headboard.. and she fell and got stuck between my bed and the wall >_>

Pumbaa: He's my oldest cat, and he's just as silly. When I'm showering he sleeps between the two shower curtains or in our bathroom sink, he's done this since I was little. He has very stinky breath and always likes to rub his mouth on my hands or feet, and he also loves water!

Fred-Lee: A big fat black cat, but he's very muscular. He meows alot, and likes to roll on your feet. One time my boyfriend was walking in circles and Fred was following him around trying to roll on his feet xD He also sleeps WAY up on my display chest thing in my living room, or on our little wall clock :S

Freckles: She's tiny, and adorible. She rolls all over your lap when you sit down, and tries to crawl under your lap or between couch cushions. If you have a laptop, she is instantly at your side :P

Moo: He's super fat and grumpy. He doesn't like kisses or pets unless it's when HE wants them right at that moment. His meow is so pathetic, it sounds like a mouse or a bird squeak! Him and Alley don't get along, which is sad. :( He likes to bully her. He also MUST sleep on something at all times.. a kleenex box, a slipper.. anything but the floor.

Stan-Lee: He's very shy, and only gets in lovey moods every once in a while. He's got the HUGEST eyes and ears on a tiny little head, and a tail 4x as long as it should be :D He looks like a mutant bat-cat!

Joe Dirt: He looks like an old man.. especially when he is in a mood. Unfortunately, he has the bad habit of holding grudges and peeing on our beds or in the tub if he gets angry. He's still generally a good boy though, and he loves to headbutt the dogs for attention :P

Oreo: She is a mini-Joe.. they look so similar. She is very timid, and doesn't usually come out during the day because she is nervous. We rescued her when she was around 10 weeks old from a colony of feral cats, so she still has some feral habits. She loves cuddling with me under the covers though :)

There, I will just post my cats right now xD I don't want a super huge wall of text :P
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Our little kitty girl Mia is a purring machine. If she's lying on the bed and you walk into the room, she immediately starts purring. I don't know if she's just that incredibly happy all the time or what, but all you have to do is just look at her and she starts purring. She goes wild for attention every morning. She paws and scratches and claws at our bedroom door, wanting in (and we don't let her in our room at night because she bothers my tarantulas and I don't want them getting hurt). She has the oddest gurgly meow when she's all desperate like that. *clawclawpawgurglemeowclawclaw* It sounds so strange. She attacks my husband when he's going into the kitchen to get her some food. He picks up the bowl, turns around to head into the kitchen, and she charges his calf and attacks him. He thinks it's her big-kitty instincts kicking in, and she acts like she's trying to bring down a gazelle or something. She "hides" behind shoes, as if she's stalking in tall grass or something (except we can see her plain as day). She absolutely refuses to drink water out of her bowl. She'll drink water out of the dog's bowl, a cup, the sink, the shower drain...anything but her own bowl. X_x She attacks us through the slats on our kitchen chairs as we walk by. She stretches those kitty arms out as far as they'll go and she just madly flails them about, trying to get us. She's terrible at chasing laser pointers. She literally sits there and stares at them, wiggling her butt for several minutes, but never attacks them. My husband and I often joke that if it were a mouse, it could have walked up, slapped her across the face, and casually sauntered off and she'd still be sitting there, wiggling that butt at it. lol

I love that cat.

Truffles, my mutant 25-lb pekingese, is just.....special. She has this odd thing where she lays on her back with her tongue just flopping out, and stares at my husband and I. Then she'll start doing this grunting noise and wallowing around, for no apparent reason. She snorts all the time because of her scrunched nose. I crack up when we wrestle because I just can't take her seriously when all I hear is SNOOOOOOOOOOORT every time she lunges. She has what we call a "defense mechanism" - when we used to keep her crated, we'd go to pick her up and before we could, she'd immediately flop down on her side and look all pitiful. So now we still do it once in a while just to be silly. I walk up to her with arms outstretched, and just before I touch her, *flop*. She has this uncanny ability to look like the saddest creature on the planet. If you look at her just right, and start saying things that used to be cues that she was going in her crate (I say, "Aww, poor Poopy [her nickname]", or my husband says, "She knows..."), she'll press her ears down to her head, and widen those big brown eyes and just look as sad as can be. It's so cute!!!

My animals are both really weird, but really awesome. I wouldn't have them any other way. <3

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

Rhyela wrote:Our little kitty girl Mia is a purring machine. If she's lying on the bed and you walk into the room, she immediately starts purring. I don't know if she's just that incredibly happy all the time or what, but all you have to do is just look at her and she starts purring. She goes wild for attention every morning. She paws and scratches and claws at our bedroom door, wanting in (and we don't let her in our room at night because she bothers my tarantulas and I don't want them getting hurt). She has the oddest gurgly meow when she's all desperate like that. *clawclawpawgurglemeowclawclaw* It sounds so strange. She attacks my husband when he's going into the kitchen to get her some food. He picks up the bowl, turns around to head into the kitchen, and she charges his calf and attacks him. He thinks it's her big-kitty instincts kicking in, and she acts like she's trying to bring down a gazelle or something. She "hides" behind shoes, as if she's stalking in tall grass or something (except we can see her plain as day). She absolutely refuses to drink water out of her bowl. She'll drink water out of the dog's bowl, a cup, the sink, the shower drain...anything but her own bowl. X_x She attacks us through the slats on our kitchen chairs as we walk by. She stretches those kitty arms out as far as they'll go and she just madly flails them about, trying to get us. She's terrible at chasing laser pointers. She literally sits there and stares at them, wiggling her butt for several minutes, but never attacks them. My husband and I often joke that if it were a mouse, it could have walked up, slapped her across the face, and casually sauntered off and she'd still be sitting there, wiggling that butt at it. lol

I love that cat.

Truffles, my mutant 25-lb pekingese, is just.....special. She has this odd thing where she lays on her back with her tongue just flopping out, and stares at my husband and I. Then she'll start doing this grunting noise and wallowing around, for no apparent reason. She snorts all the time because of her scrunched nose. I crack up when we wrestle because I just can't take her seriously when all I hear is SNOOOOOOOOOOORT every time she lunges. She has what we call a "defense mechanism" - when we used to keep her crated, we'd go to pick her up and before we could, she'd immediately flop down on her side and look all pitiful. So now we still do it once in a while just to be silly. I walk up to her with arms outstretched, and just before I touch her, *flop*. She has this uncanny ability to look like the saddest creature on the planet. If you look at her just right, and start saying things that used to be cues that she was going in her crate (I say, "Aww, poor Poopy [her nickname]", or my husband says, "She knows..."), she'll press her ears down to her head, and widen those big brown eyes and just look as sad as can be. It's so cute!!!

My animals are both really weird, but really awesome. I wouldn't have them any other way. <3
My dog is also nicknamed Poopy :lol:

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Are we somehow related, Nevar? :D

Edit: And haven't I read somewhere that you even live in Ohio, too? O.o

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.