The official post pictures of your pets thread.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: The official post pictures of your pets thread.

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aww, reminds me of a movie I used to love as a child with an orange cat named Milo. <3 I'm sure he's going to get spoiled and healthy with you guys. :D
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

We had a little scare for a few days.. Turn out the lady we got him from was not registered as the official owner of Milo so she could not legally turn over ownership to us, as only the registered owner in the cat register can do that (weird rules in Denmark...) . We thought it sounded a little dodgy and was afraid that he might have been stolen. I got the contact info the the official owner from the cat register we have in Denmark. Luckily it turn it Milo was legally sold to the women we bought him off but the ownership never was shifted. We got the ownership shifted over to us yesterday so now Milo is officially ours :D :mrgreen: :headbang:

here he is starring out of the butterfly bush we have outside our window :) You can see the little broken tip of his tail in the last picture.. .does not seem to bother him.. but we have a vet look at it once we got him insured.. we could not do it before he was legally ours

edit: Seriously mom.. pet me!! no more computer!

He is a young cat and needs to learn a lot.. he had 2 previous owners in his only 14 months old life...sad that they would not want him. He is UBER clingy - i think he is starved for attention so we give him all he wants
. Hubby went out with the trash and just for the 5 minutes it took him to return Milo was panting and stressing and miaving until he came back

poor guy.. hope he realize that we love him and wont leave him

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Trying to relax with some gaming.. cat decided to sleep like this

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awww, he's adorable! And he looks very happy :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh i hope he is.. he is keeping us up at night miaving from 2 am to 8 am... bit stressing but I hope he settles down

I love when he sleeps with his paws infront of his face..

studying us from his belowed window

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Namárië wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 10:51 am Heh i hope he is.. he is keeping us up at night miaving from 2 am to 8 am... bit stressing but I hope he settles down
Oh no :( Does he sleep separately to you and get stressed?
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

The key to keeping him from crying at night is to find out what's causing it. Is he hungry? The solution might be an automatic feeder. Is he bored? More toys can help, or vigorous play for about an hour before bedtime. Lots of kitties do well with a friend, if that's possible. There are also some medical conditions that can cause such behavior, though those usually only occur in old kitties (brain tumors and dementia, for example). Good luck. He's adorable. :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

we got tons of toys and play with a feather on a string before bedtime. He got plenty of food and water. we just had him checked so nothing wrong with him..
its really bad for my hubbys heartcondition not to get a full night sleep and if he keep it up our neighbors have threatned to evict us because he is REALLY loud!! We are only allowed to have one cat here sadly. He also attack feet and hands and want to bite them REALLY hard.. he is neutered but he still tries to hump my arm which i offcourse wont allow...
Hopefully it pass when he gets older.. he is not even 2 years yet.. we are trying the best we can to tell him no at stuff we dont want him to do but sometimes that causes him to miaw even louder heh.. weird cat

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Does he have a kick toy? That can be used to redirect him from playing with hands/feet. It doesn't have to be expensive--our cat's favorite kick toy is a cardboard tube from a roll of garbage bags.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yup he has a kick toy.. several types actually. .but he won't play with them.. Weirdly enough cardboard and boxes doesn’t interest him one bit neither does catnip. The only toy which vagely interest him is the feathers on a string toy we have. .others he ignore. ..even the Dot doesn't tickle his fancy. He likes to bite hands and feet most of all which is what we don't want him too.
Heh I hope he will come to term to play with other things. .he still got years to learn.

We keep him no matter what. We wanted a hard to home cat so we could give one a good life

He sleeps right next to us and demand half the bed which he gets :D

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Milo continues to be a pain in the butt

but he is OUR pain in the butt.. love him so much :D He is not even 2 years old yet so hopefully his bad behaviour settles down. We play with him plenty and gives him lots of love and treats. And snuggles.. the cat love snuggles and sleeping anywhere near us.. no matter where..

making it hard to play sometimes :lol: :lol:

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Finally got my problem resolved with Dewclaw's help, though I only have one picture resized to test things out for now.

Back on October 16th, we lost our twelve-year-old cat, Andy, to sudden heart failure and we were both devastated, as he was the first pet we'd had for so long as a family. I know some people may say this was way too quick, but the following Sunday, we brought three rescue kittens into our lives. We made the choice so quickly because we were ready and my boyfriend works maintenance at Walmart, which is basically graveyard shift, so I'd be alone completely at night, and neither of us wanted that.

Here's a photo of our kittens that my boyfriend took back at the beginning of December:
NintendoCats580x701.jpg
NintendoCats580x701.jpg (213.44 KiB) Viewed 16051 times
Curled up on the loveseat is Ridley (black&white boy, six months old) and laying together on the part of the plush blanket that's on the floor are Sypha (solid black girl, six months) and Samus (caliby girl, eight months). I'll try to get more of the photos resized on my own time so I (hopefully) don't have to bother Dewclaw for help again. Thank you, again! :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Awww what lovely snugbuts!! Glad you got it to work. Love to see cats :D

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thank you, Tarn. :)

A couple more pics, my boyfriend helped me find MS Paint on my computer, which I'm very grateful for. <3

First one is a single image of Sypha, from where she was laying on my boyfriend's lap:
Sypha2.png
Sypha2.png (448.35 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
Her original owners threw her out unspayed just because they didn't want her anymore, and she ended up in a foster home together with Ridley and the two became buddies, so they shared a page together on the website. Her eyes caught my attention immediately, so we contacted them about her and Ridley, though we thought she was a boy at first because of her huge paws, and the page didn't specify her gender and had only Ridley's listed. She has her bouts of hyperactivity and is curious to absurd amounts (we have to be careful when opening doors especially), but we love her to bits. :) She's the friendliest of the three and she'll go running to the door when someone knocks, so we have to keep an eye on her so she doesn't get out. A friend of my boyfriend's believes that she'll be a monster when she's done growing and she's already as big as Samus, but only time will tell.

Second is of Ridley, from when he was being cute on the loveseat:
Ridley2.png
Ridley2.png (475.06 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
It's probably hard to tell from this image, but he's tiny for his age. The adoption agency we got him from found him when he was on Death's door, pretty much. He was tiny, malnourished and covered in fleas. It took him three months to gain two pounds and they fed him way too much wet food (five cans a day) so his stool is runny, but we have special dry food that should take care of that soon, and he only gets a third of a can once a day. He practically attached himself to me the third day we had the kittens home, and if he's not on the loveseat or in the big window, he's laying by my feet. He's not much of a cuddler, sadly, but he's still very lovey and he'll rub all over my hands when I pet him. The first day we had the kittens home, he spent most of the day hiding under the bed and didn't come out till it was evening. In spite of how nervous he was in the beginning, he's less jumpy than Samus is, but he's wary of new people, and he'll bolt down the hall towards our bedroom when somebody knocks on the door.

We don't have any up to date single photo of Samus yet, so here's one I took of her back when we first got them in October:
SmallSamus2.png
SmallSamus2.png (803.66 KiB) Viewed 16043 times
She's the most skittish of the three and it's pretty easy to accidentally spook her because she's still jumpy. It took her two weeks to stop being afraid of us, and we suspect that she was traumatized when her sister was immediately adopted by one of their rescuers, while she wasn't. She and her sister were found in a dumpster by a gas station and Samus's whiskers had been singed, so my boyfriend and I suspect possible abuse. She was also at the same foster home as Ridley and Sypha, and was kind of sprung on us last minute when we were learning about the other two, as her own page was separate from theirs on the website. She gets along with Ridley and Sypha very well, so we ended up giving in (we were originally only wanting two cats) and adopting her as well, and I'm glad we did. She's made a lot of progress and she's very much a lap cat, and she'll meow when she comes into a room to see if anyone else is there. Like Ridley, she'll also bolt when someone knocks on the door but, lately, she's become braver and now watches from underneath the table.
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Awww such cute kitties! <3
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thank you! This is the first time we've owned multiple cats and it's been an experience.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aww, they're lovely :) And so great they got a good home with you :) I'm glad you got your pics posted :)
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Thank you, Wain. :) I'll be more than happy to share photos of them as they continue to grow.

Speaking of, here's a recent photo my boyfriend took when all three were together on the cat tree in our room:
Nintendo Cats.png
Nintendo Cats.png (431.36 KiB) Viewed 15937 times
Dewclaw

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Sooooooo cute! <3 :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yesterday was Milos 3 months anniversary as our cat. He is still a pain in the butt but we adore him so much :D I wish we could stop his dry humping though.. he has been neutered and checked at the vet for high hormone lvl, everything is fine but he still wants to hump everything... pref our arms and legs :roll: Tried spraying him with a water bottle but he loves water and just think its a cool game. Clapping our hands just make him go sniff them for food

He is not intersted in catnip, cat toys other than his teasing stick - even the red dot doesn't work, he has no interested in boxes. He is a VERY picky eater.. unless we hold it in our hands, our plates or on our finger.. then he eat everything - yesterday he ran away and ate a liqurice candy and had to be taken to the vet as liquirise is not good for cats - but luckily nothing was wrong with him.. today he managed to steal a pizza slice from hubby and eat that. If we put it in his bowl he won't touch it, only if we are eating or tasting . He is a menance :lol:

He is on diet dry food but he is still getting a little too chubby because he steal food. He is amazingly fast when he wants to be. .and he figured out exactly where to hide and eat so neither me nor hubby can get him.. sneaky kitty

But he is our handsome little nuttbag :D