Black Kitty Adoption

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Black Kitty Adoption

Unread post by Lisaara »

So while I do have a 8 yr old beagle, I decided I needed a cat. Not just any cat...a black cat. Black kitties are not only my favorite, but are most often killed by people or shelters because they dont get adopted and people think they're bad luck or something to that effect. Age wasn't a factor and I had some candidates I found online. They had to be good with and exposed to dogs as well as a busy household. Ironically, the one I picked out wasn't from my list.
Malthael1.jpg
Malthael1.jpg (677.89 KiB) Viewed 26373 times
Meet Malthael (formerly Bobby at the shelter). My other SO found him in the kitten kennel but he was ready to leave it. Found out he has been there all his life. He was found as a wee kitten without a mother and was put into a few foster homes so he could be properly cared for. He's now 5 months old. No one has ever wanted to adopt him even still. I even found out his adoption fees were paid for so....he was practically free! Still...no one wanted him. When I went in there with my SO's, he immediately was greeting us, nuzzling and purring. Even threw his butt at us, haha. Love at first sight. I said I wanted him. He needed a good home. So tomorrow or sometime this week, he's coming home.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Re: Black Kitty Adoption

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I have a black kitty named Peek-a-Boo. We (my husband and i) went to the shelter and wanted the cat to pick us. She grabbed my husband's leg and wouldn't let go. Now she's ours. <3
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Congratulations on your new furbaby!

I also have a black cat. His name is Vader. He's the gentlest cat I've ever known and acts more dog than cat if truth be told. I love him (and our other cat Porsche) more than life itself.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

My last cat was a black cat that was found abandoned in the parking lot where I worked. Her name was Katie and she lived nearly 18 years. She was probably the sweetest and most affectionate cat I've ever known. I called her my lucky black cat.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Black Cat club!!

I hate the stigma around black cats and the ill fortune that befalls far to many of them. Growing up I had a black cat named Pixie for 16 years she was my best friend and I was the only one she wouldn't maul if I got to close to her food. She had been abandoned at a pet store along with the rest of her litter mates, but she had been severely mistreated before (she was the only black kitten in the litter) that and was so malnourished that she probably wouldn't have survived the weekend. My mom kept going into the pet store to look at her and finally the person there told her to just take her since she was probably going to die anyways. My mom spent an entire week feeding her from an eye dropper before she was strong enough to walk. For some reason she attached herself to me though.

My mom also had a fluffly black cat with red highlights who lived with me when he moved across the world. He was so smart and acted more like a dog. He saved my life when things got really bad...I miss him.

Now I have another black cat named Numair (also his tabby brother Mojo). A co-worker's cat had kittens and told us we could have one, so we got Mojo, but by the time the kittens were ready to leave their mother no one had wanted the black kitten. After much persuasion I managed to get the hubby to agree to let me take the black one as well, and he is the friendliest plushy cat ever!! We even took him to the school last week for my daughters Pet show & Tell. All the kids loved how soft he was.

I think I will always choose a black cat over others because they deserve a loving home to.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh how sweet! I hope you all have a wonderful life together! :)

I'd heard about the black cat thing with adoption. It kinda surprised me since they have a cool look, but people are funny.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Congrats on your new fur-child! :D
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Thanks everyone! Malthael is becoming more open. Alley(our beagle) is afraid of him, but curious and wants to play. Mal isn't too bothered, but he hisses if she overstays her welcome. It's kinda cute. He's a total mama's boy though. I sat down near when he was hiding and for a little bit, only I could lure him out. He's getting used to everyone else, but he hangs with me. Got some new pictures of him now that he likes to be seen, haha. We got his black and silver paws and crossbones collar on him after he managed to slip out of his girly pink collar. x3

I hate the stigma too. I had a black cat when I was very tiny named Gemini and she loved all over me, even let me pick her up any way I pleased. I was a baby back then, but she watched over me like my dog did.
Attachments
Malthael2.jpg
Malthael2.jpg (598.74 KiB) Viewed 26373 times
Malthael3.jpg
Malthael3.jpg (612.14 KiB) Viewed 26373 times
Malthael4.jpg
Malthael4.jpg (523.27 KiB) Viewed 26373 times

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

The summer my husband and I moved into our new house here, we kept hearing one of the neighbours' babies crying all night. It was annoying, it was keeping us up all night, for days on end.

one evening, hubby says "that can't be a baby, it's been crying for days now.

So he went out into the backyard, it was around midnight, and then came back and said "there's a tiny kitten behind the neighbour's shed".

So he spent an hour trying to coax the little guy out. Eventually, he came out, but ran to the front of the house and wouldn't come to my hubby.

I decided to go outside and see what was going on. he said "the kitten went to the front" so off I went.

I did my best cat impression, with a nice morrrnaaoww...
And the little guy came running right up to me and jumped into my arms.

He was completely flea-bitten. he had to spend a week at the vet's getting rehydrated and getting some food into him. He was around 5 weeks old.

Since we already had another indoor cat, we had to keep the little guy in quarantine for a month (because of the risk of FIV). So every night, I'd take my pillow and some blankets and I went and slept in the basement room where he stayed.

It's been 8 years now, and Raoul and I are inseparable. (our husky named him: raoooo raooo raoooo).
He's medium-long haired, all black except for a tiny splotch of light fur on his neck. big beautiful green eyes, and he's soft, and cuddly, and love kisses on the top of his head.

I've taught him to sit, and give the paw, when I give him his treat before bed.
from a teeny tiny little 5 week old kitten he's grown into a massive 17lb cat. all muscle. and LONG! when he stands on his hind legs he easily reaches the top of our kitchen counters.... with his nose.

he helped me get through a very rough patch a few years ago when I was in a very dark place. if it wasn't for him, I probably wouldn't have been around long enough to get the help I needed. now everything is great, and I love him more than ever.

oh, and while he may have been scared of my hubby that first night, now he waits for him to get home from work and asks for kisses on the top of his head :-)

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Awww poor baby! You did the right thing. Lookit the floofbutt. <3

LisaaraPokefarm

Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Such cute kitties! I agree that it's ridiculous for people to still be superstitious about black cats. Poor things.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

So...Malthael was going batshit crazy last night. No one knows why he was running around, but he ran down the hall, onto the couch, catapulted from my lovie, Sean's face and into the sliding glass door with a thud, then he took off to the bedroom, then came back out and laid on the tile.

LisaaraPokefarm

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

it's like all of the kitty neurons in its brain go off at once!
"Run!" "Jump!" "Meow!" "Scamper!"
*flip the off switch*

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Seriously! He was racing around the house for a good hour today too.

LisaaraPokefarm