DISTURBING !!! Not for the faint hearted

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: DISTURBING !!! Not for the faint hearted

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Sphax wrote:i have more of those sad videos .

Example how people take the fur off of beasts.

or even the slaughter that happens in america with the sealions
really cant understand why Canada allows such things :( since i live in EU i dont really now how u live in the USA or in Asia but

why?
First off: stop looking for those "sad videos". They're not sad. they're sicka dn twisted.

Second: the "slaughter" of seals in Canada is carefully controlled. Animals are not skinned alive, they aren't tortured. They are shot. Period.

To clear up any misunderstandings you Europeans have about the seal hunt:
1. it happens ONCE a year, for a limited amount of time.
2. they kill fewer animals during the seal hunt than are killed in a month of "normal" meat production in Europe.
3. Seals that are killed are direct competitors with other animals, and with people, for the limited fish supply that exists in northern waters at this time. see note .
(note: if you want to talk about limited fish supplies, start first by examining European fishing behaviour in Canadian coastal waters.)
4. and despite the LIES being told by braindead idiots like the members of PETA, there are NO sealpups killed during the annual seal hunt. PETA has the unfortunate habit of LYING to people in their videos, showing white-coated baby seals, and saying that THOSE are what is being killed. It is a federal offense to kill a whitecoat. NO seal hunter would dare risk losing his livelihood by doing something as stupid as killing a whitecoat.

Now, once you've digested that information, think about this:
Do you eat pork?
Do you eat beef?
Do you eat chicken?
Do you enjoy a good French pâté de foie?

If you do, then you are participating in considerably MORE inhumane treatment of animals, much of which borders on torture.

Before judging a short-lived, heavily government-controlled, animal cull (which is what the Canadian seal hunt is), and the people who participate in it (a few hundred hunters/fishermen), stop and look at your own eating habits.
And before saying that you're vegan and that humans should be only eating vegan, also stop to remember that humans are omnivores. Not vegetarians. We aren't "supposed to be eating vegetables only". Meat is a normal and necessary part of our diet.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Sukurachi wrote:4. and despite the LIES being told by braindead idiots like the members of PETA, there are NO sealpups killed during the annual seal hunt.

Sorry, just had to put this in there. :lol: I really don't have much of a stand on this issue, and I'm not saying anyone is wrong. Just fits well here. ;)

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I guess it would be sort of funny.. except for two things:

no whitecoats are ever killed - EVER. It is a federal offense to kill one.
and seals are shot, not clubbed, to death.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I agree with you completely, Sukurachi. That's about the same thing I'd say to whoever says "meat is murder".

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Thank-you Saturo.
I sort of hate being new to a forum and getting involved in a contentious issue like this, but it seems that there is no end to the misinformation that is being circulated on the issue of the seal hunt.

"Step on no pets!"

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

After reading what others have said here, I refuse to watch the video. I know it will make me sick, and cry, and I need to sleep tonight.

And, more on the seal hunt!
Sukurachi outlined the truth of the seal hunt quite well. I have one more point to add. The Inuit peoples of northern Canada depend on seal hunts, like this one, for food. In hunts like these, nothing of the animal is wasted, the meat and pelts being used by the hunters, or sold to others. If Canada were to 'stop' these hunts, like people like PETA demand, not only would it damage the culture of an entire people, it would threaten their very way of live and survival. The seal hunt is a very important thing. It's not going to stop because people that don't rely on basic hunting anymore don't want seals to die.

Side note: Europe imports the most fur then any other place in the world. If you 'don't want seals to die anymore', tell them to stop buying the bloody fur. ;)

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Dragonpuff wrote:Side note: Europe imports the most fur then any other place in the world. If you 'don't want seals to die anymore', tell them to stop buying the bloody fur. ;)
They do this too. "Fur is murder." I wonder what isn't murder...?
And also, no matter how proud you are of your new fur jacket, DO NOT walk past PETA manifestations in it. They threatened to kill me. :)

Also, PETA=People Eat Tasty Animals!

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Suzi
Realm: Elune US, Nesingwary US

Unread post by Suzi »

I'm not going to watch the video, I've seen enough like it to know it will just haunt me - the descriptions you've all given are bad enough. Just my opinion, but I don't really think this topic belongs in this sub-forum. "Real-Life Pets" to me sounds like it should be a happy forum where we show each other pictures of our darling critters and talk about how much joy they bring us, tinged with sadness when we post about our losses, but not to look at disturbing videos like this. It's not like I believe these sort of things shouldn't be talked about, but I'd have personally thought that this was more appropriate in "Off-Topic Chat" rather than this section. I'm not asking for it to be moved or anything, it's just what I've thought every time I've seen the topic when visiting here.

Tivoni of the Petopians on Nesingwary-US

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

On topic, I refuse top add to that video's hit list by watching it.
Watching it gives it credibility and "worth".
It is enough to know that it exists and I know there is a very special place in hell for anyone who would commit such a horrible act.

I have a dog and two cats, and there is no way I could imagine what is in that video (I am writing that while one of my kittens sits on my lap and my dog is on the floor at my feet, under my desk.)

"Step on no pets!"

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Overall I really just don't like thinking about what's in this thread. It creates an incredibly sad mood and I start remembering that horrible video every time I see this topic.

Would anyone be against be locking this? I just don't' see the purpose of it to be honest, and we've already discussed what needed to be.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:Overall I really just don't like thinking about what's in this thread. It creates an incredibly sad mood and I start remembering that horrible video every time I see this topic.

Would anyone be against be locking this? I just don't' see the purpose of it to be honest, and we've already discussed what needed to be.
You're the mod. Nobody can object to the will of the mod!

Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

I vote lock. It is really just sad, and makes me sick to even think about.
I know bad things happen in the real world, but, that's one of the reasons so many people like to escape to the internet, and to forums like these, where they can interact with people they like. So, while these things need to be acknowledged in their own way, I don't think this is the right place to put them.
((In other words, "Get it away! I don't want to think about this right now! D> *hides*))

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)