RIP Catherine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

RIP Catherine

Unread post by Azunara »

Catherine, AKA Squeakers and The Demon Cat has passed away.

She was our family cat, an orange marmalade with a golden eyes that my mom swore are always trouble-making evil kitties. She's lived a long life, and has been there for as long as I can remember. She was a birthday present to my dad a long time back, and she's always been there to cause chaos. This cat would roam the apartment halls at night, she was open doors by herself, drink only from the bathroom faucet, and would get in all sorts of trouble. She loved to be pet on her back, near the base of the tail, and she loved being scratched underneath her chin.

Her last few days, we knew something was up. She wouldn't eat, her purr was louder, wetter, and sounded awful. She slept all day, and I had to poke her numerous times, scared she had slipped away in her sleep. It turns out while I was at school, my parents took her to the vet and they put her to sleep. She had a throat tumor.

My friends were terrified when I burst into tears at lunch, and sad when they found out why. I managed to get through the rest of the day, but going home and clicking my tongue, expecting her to come and rub against my legs just caused me to cry again. Hell, I'm crying as I write this. She's been an amazing cat, and she's always been there to amuse us, or comfort us. And now she's gone.

She slept in my underwear drawer. It always baffled me.

RIP Catherine, we miss you. We really do.
Saturo

Re: RIP Catherine

Unread post by Saturo »

D:

*Hugs Azu*

Never fun to loose a pet.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Aw Azu, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( It's not a good year for cats is it...I hope all of our dear companions are out there together in the next life.

:hug:
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

:hug: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, Azunara.

I know how you feel. About a year back, my family lost our 20-something year old cat, Mikey.

Mikey, a beautiful black and white American shorthair, was a former office cat, the pet of my Mom's boss, a lawyer. When her boss got a new office in a big building downtown that didn't allow animals, Mom brought him home. He liked nothing better than to sit on your lap and purr as you pet him, or sit out on the deck in the sunshine. During his last days, Mom refused to take him to the vet, thinking he'd be better off at home, with the people who loved him. He slept for the last few days in our dog's crate. Dogs are usually very protective of the places they deem their "dens", but Brooklyn must have known something was wrong, because she didn't object at all to Mikey stealing "her" spot. He passed peacefully in his sleep, and we buried him in the backyard. Mom planted a lavender bush over his grave.

As long as you have memories of Catharine, she'll always be with you, just like Mikey's with me.

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Thanks all of you for your support and hugs. It's really when they're gone that you realized how much they've given and how much you miss them.

And Cerah, aaaw. I'm glad he went quietly and painlessly. That's the best we can wish for our pets. *hugs Cerah.*
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

*Hugs for Azu* Really sorry to hear about your cat. :(

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

:cry: I'm so sorry sweetie. :hug:

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

:hug: And prayers to you and your family in this time of loss. God speed kitty.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Tahlian
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by Tahlian »

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Just remember....she's only as far away as a thought or a smile, even if you can't always see her now. I'm sure Catherine knows how very much she was loved. :hug:

Here there be dragons... http://dragcave.net/user/Tahlian

And here there be more dragons, too...http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=22415

kamoodle5
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by kamoodle5 »

*big hug*

Sorry to hear your beloved kitty has passed. She will always be in your heart and soul, which means she will be never be gone. Hope you feel better soon.