Buramese/Ragdoll Mix [IMG] Heavy (Goodbye Lucky, i love you)

Rynbi
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Buramese/Ragdoll Mix [IMG] Heavy (Lotsa lazy kitty photo

Unread post by Rynbi »

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW he's so cuuuuuuuuuuute! :D :D

You sound like how I am with my kitty, I'm always giving her meat and cheese off my plate, but only in tiny pieces so that she doesn't get sick. xD
Chimera
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Heehee yea, sometimes i'll drop some food down and he'll eat it before my stepdad notices and so he drops some down for Lucky and he eats that too xD We've been putting the cat treats on the table tho so when we have dinner we give him some cat treats instead and he feels satisfied and leaves us alone :P

Summer is always the best time for lazy kitty photos lol

^His paws are flexing in that pic heeeeee <3

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Zhele
Realm: Mal'Ganis US

Unread post by Zhele »

Excuse me while I go die of the cute of your cat. Holeeee
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

What a stunning cat! He's so gorgeous - what perfect looking markings he has! And he looks so very soft. :D

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Sam
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Sam »

He's gorgeous. I'm glad he's feeling better.
"There are very few problems caused by sorcerers that can't be solved with a sharp stick."
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Been a long time since ice updated the status of this thread. I dont want to recap whats been happening to him health wise the past couple months but its resulted in his bowels shutting down completely.

Lucky, a couple hours or so ago was violently sick and horrible black liquid (from his intestines) ended up everywhere and while the mess is cleaned up and the rug he barfed on soaking in the tub and the room sprayed down with febreeze, the foul smell persists and its awful. And hes been very nauseated and wobbly since.

I wanted to give him a week from talking to the vet last and its only been a couple days since then and its very clear that hes just dropped like a rock health wise and that its not a matter of weeks but instead a matter of days before he passes on naturally. Im not going to let him suffer anymore tho, im going in tomorrow and having him put down.

Ive never put down anything before, ive never been to a funeral, ive never watched anything die before, but i know that the last thing Lucky wants to see before he goes is me. Ive raised him for 16 years, ive spoiled him like royalty, ive always been there with him, i spend my entire day with him sitting beside me or in my lap and i would roll him onto his side and lay down with him and he'd give me a face massage while i scratched his belly. He would turn completely stupid and start rolling around on the floor at times, happy as ever doing flip flops and then clean himself and then act stupid again and then suddenly jump up and waltz away like nothing happened.

We would play wrestle eachother, getting him all riled up, and then if i was to start giving him a back scratch he would start headbutting me affectionately and give in to more cuddles and just purr and purr like a motor. he would always purr really heavily, it really does sound like a motor when you listen to him. And holy crap could he talk. He'd talk and talk and talk if you came in the door, if you walked past him, if you started having a conversation, he would snap (vocally, not physically) at you if you did something wrong or back talk you, like homg he was insane, god knows what he talked about but he would talk to us as if he understood what we were saying to him. God im going to miss him..

Hes currently 16 and a half. I dont know when he was born nor what day of what month i adopted him from the woman who was giving away her two cats litter of kittens (the parents were completely identical which was neat) i just decided to put his birthday on Jan 1st. So for me at least, for the length of time i have owned him since we made that day our official birthday for him, he just reached 16 years.

I can still remember the day i got him, he was terrified to death and yoweled and howeled and scratched my hand and that scratch still to this day is on my hand, its quite literally the only scar on my hands yet the bite he gave me once where he punctured skin (out of fear, i was trying to herd a stray cat out of the house and he outlashed when the cat hissed and tried to swipe, i think he was aiming for the cat instead) didnt leave a scar. Not a single hint of a scar.

Im gonna miss him deeply, i feel like a total wreck. Right now hes cuddling on my lap and his stomach is gurgling violently. Its been growling and gurgling for hours now and id say about 2 cups worth of fluid were vomited in a matter of 10 seconds when he was sick. For the past week he has been vomiting black liquid very frequently and despite our attempts to postpone the inevitable through vet suggested treatment to clear his bowels to allow him to poop (couldnt poop, would get nauseated and vomit), its clear that we just found out the reason for his vomiting too late. The black liquid has been the only sort of vomit we have been seeing coming from him for about 2 and a half months.

When it first happened we took him to the vet and a blood test was done but no other test but that. We never knew that it was his digestive system, there was emphasis on his kidneys which were slightly higher in enzyme levels then normal and we never thought even the slightest that only a fecal test could show if there was something wrong with the digestive system rather then say, the thyroid which i believe controls metabolism.

I dont think i'll be doing much sleeping tonight thats for sure.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Buramese/Ragdoll Mix [IMG] Heavy (Going to sleep tomorro

Unread post by Lupis »

I'm so sorry Xak. Losing a pet is an awful, awful experience. You'll get over it, perhaps faster than you'd anticipate, and will be able to enjoy the time you had with Lucky, but for now I know that's no comfort.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Feralclaw
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm US

Unread post by Feralclaw »

Oh, my, Xak. :( I know how you feel. I used to have a boxer dog named Toby; that lazy, chubby dog was my life. I spoiled him rotten and gave him loads of affection. The day he had to be put down, I cried and cried and cried. Feralclaw has a pet named in honor of him.
R.I.P., Lucky, may you have a peaceful afterlife; Xak, I wish you less stress. All cats go to Heaven. :hug:

Credit to Razzy for the avatar. Thanks!
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Fri May 25, 2012 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Well that sucks but these things happen he had a good life. 16 is old for a male cat 12 to 14 years being the average life span so he had it good :D
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

I'm so sorry hun :c I know how you feel..when I was younger, my parents had to put down my 10 year old tabby because she was slowly going blind. I still remember that. I was scared, and sad. There were also other reasons, but I can't remember. I hope you the best hun :hug:

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

Thanks everyone. Hes gone now. Just got back from the vet. I always told him, ever since he was a kitten, that i would stay with him till the end and i cradled him while the sedative took effect and continued to do so while they gave him the euthanizion drug and finally kissed him goodbye before we left to do the paperwork and go home. I was worried what we would do with him afterwards but apparently they can cremate for us so in a week or so i'll get his ashes.

Cause of sickness, a slow growing tumor inside his intestines. He was 7.4 pounds, over a pound less then november, and for his size he should be 9-10 pounds.

Heres the very last picture of Lucky in life. I took it yesterday when i noticed he was awake but still half asleep

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Buramese/Ragdoll Mix [IMG] Heavy (Goodbye Lucky, i love

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's good that you were with Lucky at the end. When I was young, I was talked out of being there when our cat was euthanized, and I've regretted it ever since.
Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

It was hard but i knew he wouldnt want to go any other way but to be held in my arms and i made sure to do that. He loved being held and carried and i knew i would regret it if i didnt stay and especially if i didnt give him a goodbye kiss. He was doing fairly well today, aside from how thin he was he looked healthy and happy and purred a lot, ate his breakfast, drunk his water, nuzzled my head while i leaned against him and i just sat on the couch with him petting him for a couple hours but then he started to get really sleepy but his stomach was gurgling a lot and he looked like he was desperate for sleep but was unable to because he was tensing up to try and kill the pain and i decided that, hes had a good day today, lets not put him to sleep while hes suffering but rather while hes still happy and enjoying things. He was in discomfort and obviously really tired, probably from only maybe having an hour or two of sleep (i myself have had about 4-4 1/2 hours) and i just didnt want it to get any worse with it being his last day and all.

I cant believe how empty the house feels now.. it doesnt even feel like its my home anymore, i feel like im over at someone elses place and that i'll be going back home and lucky will burst out from my room and greet me with his constant talking. I feel like every little noise is him doing something, and sometimes it feels like hes sleeping under the blankets but theres nothing there. Other times im feeling like hes wandering around outside my room and that any second hes gonna walk through my door and greet me with some enthusiastic meows and walk over and jump on my desk or my lap. I miss petting him, i miss hearing him, i miss the compansionship.. It doesnt feel like hes gone but he is.. im trying to fight it but i feel like my hearts being chipped away at every impulse i have to look at my bed or my door or beside me where his food was or behind me where his litter box was.

I havent cleared his food/water or changed his litter yet, so its even worse cause it looks like hes still active in the house, i just cant bring myself to dispose of any of it right now.. and all his hair scrunchies are lying all over the place near his food.. he would always play with one and then bring it back and plop it in his food dish and start eating. He especially loved the really big ones we have, he'd chew on them for a good few minutes before carrying them to his dish. He was a lazy cat but when he was active he was filled with so much energy, so so much energy. I feel completely devastated and i feel worse and worse and worse, it feels like time has become endless, it feels like days have gone by already, minus the feeling of hunger, thirst, sleep, or the need to use the restroom, yet its only been about 4-5 hours..

Miyon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Currently on hiatus

Unread post by Miyon »

I'm sitting on the bus with teary eyes now. I know it hurts, it always will. At least you gave him a long loving life and took great care of him. Treasure all the good memories you have of him. :hug:

Pokemon X/Y FC: 1779-1244-0605

Chimera

Unread post by Chimera »

:hug: Yea, its hard to think about him right now but im just constantly reminding myself how great of a life he had and i really feel that i gave him the best life i could of and stepped in to stop his pain as soon as i recognised that there was just no hope that it would just 'simply pass' and that something had to be done immediately. I keep seeing phantom shadows, my minds playing tricks on me, i keep thinking i see him walk through a hallway or into my room or rise from underneath my blankets (i have a very dark blanket on top so it doesnt give off definitive shadows which is why that plays very realistic tricks on me)..

For closure, cause despite being there and ensuring he was comfortable to the end, theres a huge gaping void in my life now, we're thinking of finding another cat to adopt, a kitten so its still impressionable and thus trainable. I am taking an animal training course after all and i have a small starter guide to cat training amongst my books. Ive felt so empty and ive been longing to hug and cuddle something furry all day. I need the companionship, i need something to care for and to love and to unconditionally love me in return without judgement. Theres something about the fact animals cant talk human that makes me love them all the more.

I have a rat but that can only do so much. I cant let her run free on the floor, i cant cradle her, i cant put her on my lap and expect her to stay there let alone pet her for some few odd hours like cats do. I feel like lucky is half way around the world and regardless of his current state i wish i had him here in my lap so i could pet him. I always find petting fur calming. I even pet the small beaver pelts that adorn some of the chairs at the zoo during class cause it helps me concentrate.

I was going through my phone and i found one picture i took a couple weeks ago, just before he started getting really really sick, its currently the picture to my phones homescreen and my desktop background

Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by Nimae »

Hey, Xakaal. I just wanted to post and give my condolences--it's always hard to lose a pet, especially one who shared such a close bond with you--and you with him. You have some gorgeous photos, and I'm sure he had a great life with someone who loved him so dearly. Think of the happy times, which it seems like you had many with him! I hope all else is well, and my best to you and yours. :hug: Good luck with the new kitty search, any kitty you bring home--whenever feels right for you--will be lucky and well-loved.

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project