Petopia and WCM periodic lag issues

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Petopia and WCM periodic lag issues

Unread post by Wain »

We've been experiencing occasional slower-than-normal web responses lately, that may stem from a disk problem caused by the server crash last month. I've spoken to our server owner, Jon, and he's going to be running some diagnostic tools to work out what's going on with the server disk. I can't say when exactly he'll be doing that, but if you find the sites are extra slow some time in the next week, it may be from that. Hopefully this will allow him to work out what's going wrong.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Tsukina
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Shen'dralar

Re: Petopia and WCM periodic lag issues

Unread post by Tsukina »

Oks, thank you very much for keeping us informed (I blamed my pc)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Update:

Jon has had no luck solving the problem with the server drive, so it’s being replaced. Since the problem seemed to be getting steadily worse he’s temporarily moved us to the system drive and it seems we’re running much better as a result.

The site will probably have to go down for a little while when the disk is being replaced and Jon said he’d let me know before that occurs. But given I’m in Australia I could also be asleep or at work and may not get to post a warning in time. So if we suddenly go down for a bit don’t panic, it’s probably the disk being swapped :)
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Wonderful--the site was pretty much unusable for me earlier this week, but is loading smoothly now!
kolbyjack
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Keep getting logged out.

Unread post by kolbyjack »

It took a few days to coordinate with the hosting company, but we have a brand new disk installed now, so everything should be running smoothly from here on out!
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

kolbyjack wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm It took a few days to coordinate with the hosting company, but we have a brand new disk installed now, so everything should be running smoothly from here on out!
Thanks for all your hard work, Jon! The site seems to be running well now :)
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:03 am
kolbyjack wrote: Sun Nov 17, 2019 2:58 pm It took a few days to coordinate with the hosting company, but we have a brand new disk installed now, so everything should be running smoothly from here on out!
Thanks for all your hard work, Jon! The site seems to be running well now :)
It's so much faster to load now! Thank you! !

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig