Swift Zhevra retiring; Recruit-A-Friend Rocket [Updated]

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Swift Zhevra retiring; Recruit-A-Friend Rocket [Updated]

Unread post by Mania »

Someone at Blizzard has insomnia, I think! In addition to announcing upcoming Cataclysm class previews, they've also announced that the current Recruit-A-Friend mount reward, the Swift Zhevra, is gouing to be retired in just a few days and replaced by a two-seater flying mount.

Here's the post:
Beginning in just a few days, players who participate in the Recruit-A-Friend program will receive a whole new reward for showing a friend the ropes in Azeroth: the X-53 Touring Rocket, a two-seater flying mount that automatically increases its speed as your mount skill improves (up to 310% speed if you already have a 310% mount). The X-53 will be replacing the current Zhevra mount reward, which is retiring from the Recruit-A-Friend business after a good run. If you've already claimed a Zhevra (or claim one prior to the change), you’ll be able to hang on to it, of course. We’ll have more details on the new Recruit-A-Friend mount once it becomes available.

I think a two-seater mount for friend-recruiters is wonderful, and letting it scale up to a full 310% (if you have a 310% mount) is a great way to get people to want to use it.

I'm sad to see the Swift Zhevra retire, however. I think I still have one unclaimed, and now I have to decide who gets it. (*grumble* ... silly thing should be account bound ... *grumble)

[Update]

The X-53 Touring Rocket is temporarily delayed:
While we had originally announced the new Recruit-A-Friend X-53 Touring Rocket reward would be coming in just a few short days, it turns out there are still a few bolts to tighten, some loose wires to tuck inconspicuously under the upholstery, and a handful of parts leftover that we’re going to ponder and then assume we can safely throw away. As a result, we’ll be releasing this beauty a bit later than we’d first anticipated. This will also give anyone interested in the current Zhevra mount reward some extra time to claim one. While we don’t have an exact release date nailed down yet, we’ll make an announcement once the new mount becomes available.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Re: Swift Zhevra to be retired; new Recruit-A-Friend Rocket

Unread post by Golden »

What? No! I have a friend that I'll be able to recruit in a couple of months, but I really wouldn't want to miss the Zhevra. :/ I need to figure out a way to get the mount fast without having to spend 50 euros on a second account + 2 months of playtime... Would hate to postpone buying a new computer because of something like this.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Too bad they won't let me change my ugly Zhevra into an awesome rocket... I really dislike the model, it's a unicorn, not a Zebra. I dislike unicorns.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Oh yay.

Another mount I won't be able to get- it's denying me the recruit-a-friend Zhevra, and now I get denied this.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Just another new form of micro transaction. Its great for the recruit a friend thing,but seems a dirty trick to me. Wow is starting to feel more and more like perfect world :cry: :evil:
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Wed May 23, 2012 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dragonpuff
Haiku Master
Realm: Duskwood (US)
Location: On an undisclosed island that is being shredded by giant boss fights

Unread post by Dragonpuff »

...I'm not sure if I can find another friend willing to play! T-T That twoseater would be awesome!
Maybe if I just push my soon-to-be-roomate a little more?...

Edit: good lord, Saturo quoting me made me notice how many typos got into my post! Jeez, I need to remember to look over everything I type, I go too fast...
Last edited by Dragonpuff on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taz'dingu of the Petopians Guild, Nesingwary Server

Here there be Dragons (and Eggs)

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Dragonpuff wrote:...I'm note sure if I can find another firend willing to play! T-T
Just punch random people. It tends to work. Sometimes.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

I have recruited last year on my pala. Have zevrah there ^^ did last summer same with my hunter and have to say

Zevrah is my favourite mount

got my chopper though and have a passenger mount :p

Imagine this :

Since in Azeroth Flying mounts will be avaiable a lvl 1 char can easily travel with 310% speed. Kinda cool xD
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Sphax wrote:I have recruited last year on my pala. Have zevrah there ^^ did last summer same with my hunter and have to say

Zevrah is my favorite mount

got my chopper though and have a passenger mount :p

Imagine this :

Since in Azeroth Flying mounts will be available a lvl 1 char can easily travel with 310% speed. Kinda cool xD
You would have to have some basic ridding skills to be able to use it and even then it scales up with your riding skills. Either way when it comes out I'm gonna probably make another account just to get that mount. haha
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

wait I have the zebra mount the only way i can get that one is if i do it again?
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

It seems so, headhumper. I too would rather have the rocket...

:(

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Saturo wrote:It seems so, headhumper. I too would rather have the rocket...

:(
well.. You would only have to pay for one month really. When your "friend" pays for 2 months you get a free month. So less then $20 USD for a nice mount. Sounds ok to me.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Yah. But I can barely afford two accounts. I had to "suspend" my mains account just because I simply couldn't afford it. I'm camping on Gran Canaria. Because I could not afford a hotel.

20$ would be more than my economy can handle.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Dude its $45 for a game card here ok thats too much too do that.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Do you have to buy a whole another game for the recruit a friend second account thing? That would be 50 bucks for a mount. I'm kinda worried if Blizz realizes people are paying that much then when they go to sell mounts in the pet store those will cost 50 or more.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I'm hoping they don't sell mounts in the petstore at all. Sure, a 280% mount would be ok, I guess. But it's far more likely that the buyable mounts will be 310%. And a 310% mount is supposed to be hard to get. Mini-pets are OK for me, they don't offer any form of advantage in-game. Mounts however...

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

i dont think that u need to pay again. For those who have zevrah already they more likely will get the new one

i mean we got to keep Zevrah + get the rocket without recruiting again.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

I have a friend who wants to play... She just doesn't have the current money too. D8 I'm thinking of buying her the game and a time card...

I guess I'll wait until this rocket is released. >_>

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

BooBoo
Realm: Wyrmwrest Accord

Unread post by BooBoo »

lol I swear I made this happen. I have been longing for a Zhevra FOREVER, and just today... TODAY, I found someone to accept my referral. It's just my luck that by the time he gets his account going, no Zhevra for me. *grumbles* Dangit!

For as the eyes of bats are to the blaze of day, so is the reason in our soul to the things which are by nature most evident of all.
--Aristotle