Mists of Pandaria, Gist of it *06/02/12 4:28pm*

User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11922
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by cowmuflage » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:20 pm

mantid people? what like matis people? nice

User avatar
LupisDarkmoon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 10932
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm
Gender: Doubtful

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:27 pm

Actually, I take back what I said. I will give this a chance.
But Panderians need to be re-modeled. >.> Armor will never map over such a fat character.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Image


User avatar
cowmuflage
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 11922
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:00 pm
Realm: dath remar
Gender: female
Location: New zealand, auckland

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by cowmuflage » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm sure they have thougt of that and proberly have made it work on them.

Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:35 am
Realm: Area 52
Gender: Male
Location: Lost in the Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by Sigrah » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:32 pm

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Actually, I take back what I said. I will give this a chance.
But Panderians need to be re-modeled. >.> Armor will never map over such a fat character.
Who wants to run the pool on when China starts yelling at Blizzard over having a Panda based race and/or saying their modeling of Pandarens is somehow racist and/or insensitive?

User avatar
LupisDarkmoon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 10932
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:43 pm
Gender: Doubtful

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by LupisDarkmoon » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:38 pm

I don't think it's racist, but the asian theme could be a tiny bit less kick-you-in-the-mouth obvious. It's almost painful. I love the culture that they're trying to emulate, but they're making it a little too extreme, so it's almost obnoxious. >.<
Still think Panderans should be less fat. xD But hey, they're very new. They might be re-made like Worgen.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Signature by Crookfish, thank you so much!

Image


User avatar
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:39 am
Realm: Area 52 - US
Gender: Male

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by Derax » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:41 pm

I have to take a break so gonna miss some stuff, Will update from MMOChampion later.

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)


User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16007
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by Vephriel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Sigrah wrote:
LupisDarkmoon wrote:Actually, I take back what I said. I will give this a chance.
But Panderians need to be re-modeled. >.> Armor will never map over such a fat character.
Who wants to run the pool on when China starts yelling at Blizzard over having a Panda based race and/or saying their modeling of Pandarens is somehow racist and/or insensitive?
I believe Chris Metzen already said they had discussions and that their portrayal of the race will be something that China would have no qualms with. I forget exactly, it was in the quick interview after the ceremony panel.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16007
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by Vephriel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:50 pm

Pet Battle is pokemon, not even kidding. SO EXCITED.

User avatar
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Posts: 1171
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:06 pm
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),
Gender: Female

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by Bonita » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:52 pm

The officers of my guild are all looking forward to pet battles. My guildies should be happy they cant see ochat atm :lol:

Image
Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!


Sigrah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 677
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:35 am
Realm: Area 52
Gender: Male
Location: Lost in the Twilight Zone
Contact:

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by Sigrah » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:53 pm

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I don't think it's racist, but the asian theme could be a tiny bit less kick-you-in-the-mouth obvious. It's almost painful. I love the culture that they're trying to emulate, but they're making it a little too extreme, so it's almost obnoxious. >.<
Still think Panderans should be less fat. xD But hey, they're very new. They might be re-made like Worgen.
I don't think it's racist either, I'm just a pessimist when it comes to people finding reasons to complain. I still remember one of my friends telling me years ago that he would never play wow because he thought Blizz giving Trolls Jamaican accents was racist since Trolls are depicted as "primitive, cannibalistic savages that don't even wear shoes" as he put it. To me, I was like "whatever".

As for the Asian / Oriental theme, I like the idea honestly. I'm saving judgement on how "extreme" they were with it until I see the new continent and it's architecture in its entirety. I do agree that they should make the Pandaren a little less chunky, but don't mind the fact that they are chunky right now. If anything, it'll finally give us a race where every adventurer isn't sporting a "6 pack abs" personal trainer type look.

Last note, one has to wonder what kind of new pets will be coming in this expansion. Maybe we'll get a spirit beast having a "Chinese Dragon" like look similar to what Arcane Serpents (Borean Tundra) look like. Or, maybe we'll get to tame Panda bears :)

User avatar
Derax
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Posts: 294
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:39 am
Realm: Area 52 - US
Gender: Male

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by Derax » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Hunter minimum range is gone!!!!!!!!

Deraxacus - Area 52 (US) (Horde)


User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16007
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by Vephriel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Yes, Scholomance heroic!!!! And Scarlet Monastery!

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11762
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by Wain » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:00 pm

I think it all looks beautiful and I don't think they overdid the theme at all. I'm really impressed by the way it looks, and also by the way it doesn't look like the rest of Azeroth.

The thing with minipets... was so overtly Pokemon that half the audience was laughing at every new aspect of it they described. It honestly felt like an April Fool's prank. It was bizarre. I LOVE collecting minipets, but I'm afraid I'm not excited by this. I like the fact that minipets are simple collector's items. I don't really want them to be made so complex. :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Posts: 16007
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Gender: Female
Location: Alberta, Canada

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by Vephriel » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:03 pm

I was laughing as well because it was so obviously pokemon, but I'm honestly excited for it. xD For those who don't want to get into it, they can just still collect them and not worry about the battle aspect I think, I definitely know it won't be for everyone, but I think it's a fun additional mini game within the game to do if it's to your tastes.

User avatar
Solunerra
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:20 am
Realm: Terokkar
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 3:20pm*

Unread post by Solunerra » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:04 pm

cowmuflage wrote:haha brewmasters are tanks XD

the best tanks are drunk ;)


and pokemon bettles this will be fun!
Image

Mania
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2702
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:59 pm

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by Mania » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:04 pm

Vephriel wrote:I was laughing as well because it was so obviously pokemon, but I'm honestly excited for it. xD For those who don't want to get into it, they can just still collect them and not worry about the battle aspect I think, I definitely know it won't be for everyone, but I think it's a fun additional mini game within the game to do if it's to your tastes.
Well, except that you can't collect the wild pets unless you battle them.

User avatar
Congafury
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Posts: 456
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:01 am
Realm: Tarren Mill

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by Congafury » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:06 pm

Derax wrote:Hunter minimum range is gone!!!!!!!!

What i wanted to hear next - "Hunter maximum pet amount is gone!"
I wish haha :lol:
Don't panic!

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Posts: 901
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:00 am
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by CrystalKitten » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:08 pm

The new talent system sounds REALLY weird... I'm hoping that my BM spec doesn't end up feeling mangled <.< I"m not overly attached to the other specs yet as I haven't played them that much... But.. Please don't let my BM spec feel mangled <.<
Image
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave

User avatar
Wain
The Insane
The Insane
Posts: 11762
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:54 am
Gender: Male

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by Wain » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Mania wrote:
Vephriel wrote:I was laughing as well because it was so obviously pokemon, but I'm honestly excited for it. xD For those who don't want to get into it, they can just still collect them and not worry about the battle aspect I think, I definitely know it won't be for everyone, but I think it's a fun additional mini game within the game to do if it's to your tastes.
Well, except that you can't collect the wild pets unless you battle them.
Yeah, that's what has me less than excited. It sounds like they're going to vastly over-complicate my favourite WoW hobby if I want to keep collecting :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.

User avatar
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Posts: 3258
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:45 pm
Realm: Aman'Thul
Location: Australia

Re: Mists of Pandaria, Your list of it all *10/21/11 4:53pm*

Unread post by SpiritBinder » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Wain wrote:Yeah, that's what has me less than excited. It sounds like they're going to vastly over-complicate my favourite WoW hobby if I want to keep collecting :(
Yeah, ditto. I think we will just have to see how it pans out, but I'm with you on this one also.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­

Post Reply