Patch 4.0.3 on live servers this week

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Patch 4.0.3 on live servers this week

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Found this on twitter. I'm glad they fixed the drake gliding thing. That was getting annoying.
Nothing official, but if everything goes as planned Patch 4.0.3 should be deployed on live servers this week. This is NOT THE PATCH CHANGING THE OLD WORLD, Patch 4.0.3a will do that and the one deployed this week is mostly here to pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth. Patch notes below.
he latest patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/patchnotes/

The latest test realm patch notes can always be found at http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/un...testrealm.html

General
Much of the data being downloaded in patch 4.0.3 will pave the way for the shattering of Azeroth shortly before the release of World of Warcraft: Cataclysm on December 7.
The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).
When in a Looking For Dungeon group, using an instance portal to that instance will now take players to the Looking For Dungeon entrance point instead of the normal destination of that portal. This will make it easier to return to the instance after dying in an LFD group.
Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.

User Interface
Added pets to the new raid unit frames when displayed in party.
The default UI Scale has been altered so it will be set at a 1:1 pixel/texel ratio. This will result in a smaller UI appearance for higher resolution monitors.
Players may now adjust the local "Lag Tolerance" time for better precision of spell timing. This is an advanced-users-only feature found in the Interface Options (Combat) panel.

Bug Fixes
Macros now handle spell variant transitions better. For example, Trap Launcher causes a different version of Frost Trap to be cast. Previously the macro system was not handling this transition properly.
Queuing in Looking For Dungeon for a different wing of the instance a player is already in now works properly. For example, a party can now queue for Scarlet Monastery - Library after completing Scarlet Monastery - Graveyard.
Killing High Interrogator Gerstahn before killing Emperor Dagran Thaurissan in a Blackrock Depths - Upper City random Looking For Dungeon run will now provide the proper reward. This also applies to Archmage Arugal and the Crown Chemical Company bosses in Shadowfang Keep during the Love is in the Air holiday event.
Repeatedly inspecting other players should now function correctly.
Area heal-over-time effects should no longer cause players to stand up.
Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.
Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.
Druid Flight Form now properly appears in the Spellbook before Expert Riding is learned.
Sunfire's damage-over-time effect now deals damage at the same rate as Moonfire's damage- over-time effect.
GM Ticket messages should now displace buff icons instead of obscuring them.
Source
Last edited by Adam-Savage on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Re: Patch 4.0.3 on live servers this week

Unread post by Cerah »

As long as Zul'Gurub's still available for another couple weeks, I'm happy. I'm more than halfway to Exalted with the Zalandar -- I don't want to stop now.

btw...whatever happened to 4.0.2?

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Cerah wrote:As long as Zul'Gurub's still available for another couple weeks, I'm happy. I'm more than halfway to Exalted with the Zalandar -- I don't want to stop now.

btw...whatever happened to 4.0.2?
They changed there mind on the numbering ?
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

""Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.""

ROFLMFAO!!!

Somebody had a nice sense of humor when writing these!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Senna-Umbreon
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

Awww.. I liked the perma-glide for the drakes and proto-drakes... :(
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I think the new race options won't be available until 4.0.3a...Troll Druids, for example, would need the new quest hub for all of their trainers and such, same with Undead Hunters, etc.
Senna-Umbreon

Herp derp, brain fart there. Oh well.. It's not like that patch is far away or anything. XD
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

or its not like Cata is that far away either.... 3 weeks i believe.

this mean the Twilight-Elemental-thingy bosses will be up then?
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

I think they'd announce it in big letters if it was (troll druids for example).
And thank god they fixed the glide.

Also, I hope they'll fix the "can't do that when you're dead" dungeon bug in this patch as well. =/
Senna-Umbreon

D: Okay okay, I get it. BRAIN FART MOMENT. >.>

.... I liked the perma-glide. I HATE the constant flapping of the dragon's wings.. I dunno why. I just like the glide better.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I missed the flapping wings a lot. They used to transition between flapping and gliding, which makes perfect sense to me. Constant gliding with absolutely no sign of forward momentum weirded me out.
Senna-Umbreon

True. I just like the gliding better. XD I even found a funny glitch a while ago that if you were on a flying mount and went over to a cliff or something and flew into the exact right spot of it, the mount would suddenly fall a bit, and most of the time when it got back to flying it'd be in perma-glide mode. I think I just like the glide better cause it's so smooth. Flapping is too... .. Flappy for me? XD
Feath3r
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Feath3r »

The leader of Wintergrasp raids can no longer kick players from the raid (this change will also apply to Tol Barad in Cataclysm).
Thank god. We had some trouble with this a while back when some people on my home server figured this out >_>
Honorable Kills are no longer awarded for killing players below level 5.
Gee, I guess Blizz does care about Gold farmers. Though it's not exactly hard to get a character to level 5 and then head to Azshara/Redridge/Moonglade. Nice to see a bit of a deterrence to them though.
Male blood elves have received a crash course in dancing and now know to stop dancing when they run.
I... hadn't even seen this before lol.
Drake mounts have gotten bored with gliding and will flap their wings again when flying forward.
Oh thank god. It was bothering me so bad that my drake wasn't flapping his wings. I have no idea why but it was just such a problem for me. If my HH mount didn't look terrible under a male Troll I'd have been using that.
As long as Zul'Gurub's still available for another couple weeks, I'm happy. I'm more than halfway to Exalted with the Zalandar -- I don't want to stop now.
Same here. I might actually be able to hit Exalted this week if I kill everything like I have been. Though I'm kinda sad that ZG is likely to only have two or three more weeks' lockouts before it's gone. /prays to the gods of luck and the RNG that the Raptor and Tiger mounts drop this week (I'm only looking for the raptor myself, but the DK who runs ZG with me wants the Tiger mount and I'd feel bad to get my raptor and he not get his Tiger :( )
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

I have to say, I missed the flapping. When I put my drake into a downward dive, the lack of flapping was fine, but when I chose to climb and he didn't flap his wings I wondered just how we were gaining altitude. It was like a drake-airplane. So my windrider got more flight time of late and I missed my netherdrakes and my Time Lost.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

So 4.0.3 really isnt a big patch at all. Lovely.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

The lack of flapping made me seasick. Err .. carsick. Wait, that's not right either.

The lack of flapping made me drakesick.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

FINALLY. We had someone from our server think it's funny to kick people out of the raid for various ridiculous reasons. One of them was to call him a god. oO I thought he was kidding, but he actually threw a fit about it and I think people reported him as I have not seen him in WG since. This change is welcome.

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

\o/ Phase 4 has begun!
Any idea if the horde can enter the wind and water bosses or not? :<
Edit: Actually nvm. :D Noticed the bosses change on the list.
And about the drakes, the comment about them looking like planes, couldn't be more true. -_- I really missed the flapping, so I welcome the fix with open arms.
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Senna-Umbreon wrote:Awww.. I liked the perma-glide for the drakes and proto-drakes... :(
/signed

I really liked the peacefulness of the non-flapping when gliding around the basin. It wasn't as if flapping the bone-and-sinew wings of my ICC drake would actually have any physical advantage - they're flying by magic alone and any flapping clearly just an ingrained reflex motion. Oh well, I shall cope.
lilatha

Realm: EU-Emerald Dream

Unread post by lilatha »

Wait weren't they going to fix Deathy this patch :O I want my fire murloc! not my bad sounding starcrafting one :o

Also they REALLY need to fix the flying dead bug .... its starting to take the mick D: It should of been first on their list : /