Warcraft Community Council

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Warcraft Community Council

Unread post by Wain »

If you're passionate about giving well-thought-out game feedback, please consider applying for the WoW Community Council! They could use representation from the hunter pet community!

Here's the link, for more info:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t ... il/1124908

But I'll copy and paste the core of it, below:

Greetings, citizens of Azeroth –

The World of Warcraft community is second to none with the passion, love, and excitement you all show to the game. Player feedback impacts all aspects of the game, and with such a wide range of opinions, playstyles, and interests out there, gathering and understanding feedback is more important than ever.

To help further our efforts in this area, we’re introducing the WoW Community Council. This program will add another venue for communication between players and WoW developers. Our goal is to gather more detailed feedback on all aspects of World of Warcraft from players around the world with a wide range of backgrounds and interests.

Here’s how it works:
  • Submissions are open to any player interested in taking part in the program.
  • Once players are selected, they’ll be given the ability to post in a new discussion forum that is publicly visible to everyone.
    • In this new forum, we’ll ask members to share their experiences and perspectives on anything in the game, and some topics may be started by Blizzard developers and community managers.
    • Responses and updates from Blizzard will be posted there so they can easily be discussed by the entire community.
  • A private discussion will also be setup for Council members to encourage direct interaction between members.
  • Separate conversations between smaller groups of members and Blizzard developers will be encouraged to ensure players with differing perspectives are being heard.
    • These may take the form of live chats between Council members and WoW devs.

One of the key goals with this program is to encourage discussion with players from a wide variety of different playstyles. To help ensure this, part of the application process will involve sharing your areas of interest and expertise. Whether it’s cutting-edge raiding, playing alts, completing achievements, accessibility, or collecting transmog, we want to know your perspective and ensure you’re heard. Therefore, after one year in the program, we plan to unflag Council members and open the application again. All WoW players will be free to apply at that point.

Please note: this program is focused on sharing current and past game experiences; it will not provide access to unannounced game information.

If this sounds like something you’d like to participate in, here is the submission link: https://forms.office.com/r/2BfVmv2d44

Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Warcraft Community Council

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Signed up, but I'm probably not going to be picked since I've been banned before (for reporting an item duplication bug after accidentally figuring out how to do it). Fairly sure that black mark on my record will weigh against me heavily.

My biggest fears from this;
- The selected members will slowly guide the story towards an even worse plot than we've had during Shadowlands through lame, uninspired suggestions
- The selected members will praise unjust nerfs and suggest more ridiculous changes without addressing the actual flaws of their chosen topics
- The selected members will suggest, and subsequently influence the inclusion of, unwanted artistic changes such as ruining the atmosphere of an area or changing inoffensive art
- A "big" member will arise, and everyone will just swarm around that member's suggestions because they sound good on paper (For the record; I'm cool with popular people being popular, but popularity has no place in this setting)
- As a result of the previous note, the smaller members who go out of their way to suggest detailed and coherent discussions will go unheard

I'll be brutally honest; I don't really trust the community. So many incredibly pointless and/or stupid things are said daily, and they get tons of replies and such while people who post genuine content that's interesting or helpful in the long run tend to get left in the dust. This happens everywhere, not just in WoW's forums. Twitter is a great example for the corruption of man; people like a stupid tweet enough, and it trends enough that many more people notice it. It's just an unsettling flaw in modern people that posts with big numbers pinned to them draw in more attention, even if something else is more deserving of the views and discussion. I won't claim that any of my posts were important, though I did get the GMs to fix something ingame by complaining on the forums once, but still.

If the stars align and I do get picked, you better believe I'm going to make use of subliminal messaging to get my plant hydras implemented though!
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Warcraft Community Council

Unread post by Talihawk »

Did anyone get chosen for the community council?