That one Class! (Shamelessly ripped from Tankpersons thread)

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

That one Class! (Shamelessly ripped from Tankpersons thread)

Unread post by Gimlion »

So, I got to thinking while reading Tankperson's thread, there are really only a few races I don't like, but many specs and classes that I don't, and wondered what everyone else would like to play, but can't get under.

For me, it's just about every melee class except DK's... I like Tanking as a DK.

I also can't play priests. I would love to play one, as I could dual spec and be a healing machine, but I cannot play one through the early levels, I just don't like it.

Paladins, Rogues, Warriors, Feral Druids (tank or deeps) and even DPS Deathknights. I can't even like Demonology as a Warlock, and I really want to! For some reason, this game makes me love Ranged/casters (except Priests and WL), and Healing (Again, priests and Paladins are exceptions.)

In most other games, I love being a paladin, or a sneaky rogue, but WoW has me in love with ranged and healing.

So, what about you guys? What classes or specs would you like to play, but don't like?

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Re: That one Class! (Shamelessly ripped from Tankpersons thr

Unread post by Nubhorns »

Pally tank, probably. They seem simple enough but I don't take to the responsibility well - it makes me nervous to be in the spotlight and under such harsh scrutiny all the time.

I really really really don't like BM hunters either. It just feels kind of dull and clunky compared to Survival - but I have a few exotics who I'm quite fond of, so I keep them out to do dailies. That said, I'm really happy with some of the gorgeous non-exotics they've added into the game lately...they're just not my pets I already know and love. So into the silly spec I go.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I just don't mesh well with shadow priest, which resulted in my giving up my first healing love, my disc priest, for my resto shammy, since I do half-decently as elemental. I love my shammy, don't get me wrong, but every now and then, I miss my priest.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Warlcok I think, as it is the only other pet class in game.

I'm huge on the pet classes-I've just started my fourth hunter.....

I've tried warlock, I just can't get into all the curses and such that are a part of it.

I haven't tried a healer or tank class personally yet in actual groups, I'm afraid to be that much in the spotlight in WoW-mostly because people can be real jerks when someone is learning a new spec and I have a temper that would likely get me into trouble.

I'm just going to stick with hunters for awhile yet.
Miraga
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin

Unread post by Miraga »

Hmmm... Any cloth class, really. I'm not as good as a lot of people so I need a class that can take a hit or two, just in case. I had a mage for a while and she was frost so I could escape relatively easily but if I didn't... Hooo boy! I can remember when I aggro'd Mor'Ladim at level 28 or so and kited him all over the place and killed him... Felt pretty leet, rofl.

I've been having trouble with rogues but now that I get abilities and dual wield early on, I've been having fun with my rogue Kargruna.
Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Unread post by Magli »

Rogues. I'm just not indirect enough to play rogues (or other stealth classes) well.

I'm also not real fond of DK tanks now that they've taken all the tank abilities and dropped them into the Blood tree. I liked the way the three trees had their own tanking styles, and now DK tanks feel a little flavorless.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

I primarily prefer head-on melee, so for me the classes I haven't been able to really get into are:

Rogues, and (with the obvious exception of hunters) pretty much any class/spec that fights from a distance.
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

-glares- damn theives!

Well personally I have the most trouble with mages and rogues they are the only classes I can't get into. I was doing great on a rogue before warth came out, I could sneak up on a mob get behind and almost three shot him then new patch hit and all of a sudden I can't sneak up on a mob 4 lvls lower then me. Plus I hate how they and mages most patchs seem to be the two classes that escape the nerf bat constantly.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Pallies. It's an RP thing. I haven't liked them since pencil and paper D&D.
Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Warriors and Rogues. Mainly anything thats melee thats not tanking as well. I can't stand to melee dps lol. Too used to a hunter or shadow priest.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Have you tried a fury warrior?
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

DKs... I like the idea but they're just boring! Feels like I never do damage...
Same with Warlocks, actually. Love the idea, bored of them.
Shamans as well. Just... boring.
And rogues. Boring and weak. :-/

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

Worba wrote:Have you tried a fury warrior?
Nah I cant seem to get a warrior past 15.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

You don't know what a fury warrior is like till you've got Titan's Grip... there is nothing else like it. So much awesome...
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Paladin's and Warriors have me stumped. I can get a paladin to lvl 12 but can only get a warrior to lvl 10 lol. QQ i wanna try a warr but it kiiiiiiiilllllllsssssss meeeeeeeee

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Yeah, being a hunter kind of spoils you in that you get a cool beast friend to run around with (esp post-cata now that we get pets from lvl 1...)

Warlocks and druids have sorta-kinda similar appeal...

But warriors and paladins just feel very... D&D... in the early levels.

They both become very cool later on however... already mentioned Fury warrior's selling point, and prot paladins can park themselves in a ginormous dogpile of mobs and still survive...
gigandetsgirl
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Onyxia, Kalecgos, and Blood Furnace

Unread post by gigandetsgirl »

Definitely warriors for me. My husband's Whitnee was originally a warrior,and when I took her over at level 40 I just couldn't do it. I tried her again and got her up to 12 but again, it just didn't work. It's hard for me to play melee classes, though I have been having a lot of fun experimenting both with my death knight and a kitty druid. Same thing with paladins, though I would love to try one.

Thank you so much Litlemouse for my amazing signature! :hug:

<The Dawntreaders>
Constantyne Whitnee
Bastienne, Costin, and Willoe

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

uhh.. alot of classes for me.. any tanks (been there done that on my bros char didnt like it) and locks. I dont like the whole demonology curses type thing *shrugs* I prefer my hunters really.. its the only class I got to 85... 3 times over :lol:

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

The classes/specs I don't like to play are:

All warriors, although I can enjoy Fury from time to time.
Feral Druids, either bear or cat, they just don't click.
Demonology Warlocks...yawn.
Frost and Fire Mages, I really always wanted to like them, but it didn't happen.
All Rogues. Ew. Just ew. I had one at 80 in the Wrath days and I don't know HOW I managed to get her there, and this was before I did dungeons too. I feel sick at the thought now. :D
Shadow Priests, I played mine to 72 valiantly until I realised how much I hated it and deleted her in a fit of rage. The dps was horrible, the rotation annoying and not nearly as satisfying as the similar Affliction Warlock, and the lack of proper AoE until the high levels really got to me.
Enhancement Shaman. I REALLY want to like them, but whenever I begin one I can't seem to level them past 20.
Retribution Paladin. So dull. I have deleted countless retri paladins, one who even made it into the early 70s. Just get so bored.
All DKs. I had a dps Blood DK back in Wrath and LOVED it, but with the changes made to the class, and Blood as the tanking spec these days, I no longer enjoyed him and deleted the character. For some reason none of the specs fit me anymore.
Neurotoxinx
Realm: Maelstrom (RP-PvP)

Unread post by Neurotoxinx »

I have one of everything at 85, or almost 85, except a Paladin. I -hated- the pally I made at the start of Cata - I got her to 60 hating retribution with a passion, deleted her, and made a second druid to be resto/moonkin since I have a kitty/bear. And that second druid rocketed to 80 in less time than my pally to 60. I dunno - I think ret might have sucked at the beginning of cata, I should probably try again. It just felt like it was SO sluggish and boring, even with heirlooms - I was just waiting for shit to come off cooldown.

I don't get along with shadow priests much, either - I disc-smited my way from 80-85. Some of the most fun leveling I had.

Everything else I can do at least okay, and probably have an 85 of it. /shame >>;