I hate Cata Hcs

bunni12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: hellscream

I hate Cata Hcs

Unread post by bunni12 »

Having a hell of a time with Cata Hcs, just cant do them

I have i lev 339 and just struggle with them. I cant pick up the tactics groups get annoyed after one wipe and u need to the hcs to get the gear. Level 80 wasn't this hard. Guild doesnt really run the normals, only the Hcs and Firelands. Ah I suck.

My DPS sucks too am only doing up to 9k on a good day. Ah crap I hate wow some times and not being able to play, would better gear help?

Lovely siggy by the fab Ashaine
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Re: I hate Cata Hcs

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I find that Cataclysm DEFINITELY requires more attention than wrath did. I personally love that about them. Gear will always help, but to be honest, I'm not even sure what my dps is.. No one has raged against me though.. so...

Have you tried studying the new dungeon journal to learn about the bosses? You could always just use the dungeon finder to run more regulars until you're more comfortable with them. I believe some (and at least your first 7 of the week, I'd imagine) can help with justice points, which can help with gear.

Running regulars can help you get your rotation down pat as well, and if you don't have to think as much about your rotation, you can pay more attention to the encounters, which is a necessity at least when learning the heroics.

But yeah, I LOVE cata difficulty (haven't raided yet), and hope that Blizzard sticks to this trend. It's nice to have the game actually be a challenge again.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

bunni12 wrote:Having a hell of a time with Cata Hcs, just cant do them

I have i lev 339 and just struggle with them. I cant pick up the tactics groups get annoyed after one wipe and u need to the hcs to get the gear. Level 80 wasn't this hard. Guild doesnt really run the normals, only the Hcs and Firelands. Ah I suck.

My DPS sucks too am only doing up to 9k on a good day. Ah crap I hate wow some times and not being able to play, would better gear help?

Pfft. You're doing fine in dps if you are at that item level. I'm at item level 346 or something like that and my dps is averaging around 6-9k in instances. Of course I run as a BM so that is likely my biggest problem. Or it could be I just suck :P Ah well I'm having fun so I don't really care.

Just keep working on your equip I guess?
SgtMakkie
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Twisting Nether EU, Bloodhoof EU

Unread post by SgtMakkie »

Your gear can easily be fixed some what by obtaining the justice point items, basically tier 11? (I lost count already) The two piece of that will help and I'll be surpised if you can't afford at least 1 of those items with the change over to firelands. Especially since blizzard converted all of your old Valor points to Justice.

Cata heroics as they are now are not difficult, although they are big step up from the LK ones. They do take extra knowledge and understanding, so run normals to get the feel for the basic's of the fights, read up on them and maybe go watch the odd vid on youtube. Unfortunately far to much emphasis has been placed on someone's DPS and not whether they're actually any good at their role.

Stick at it and good luck :)

SgtMakkie

Sig by Kamoodle

A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five.

Everything in moderation. Even moderation.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

9k is fine for regular heroic dungeons. I've carried people doing less than 4k.

For more practice I'd suggest queuing for specific dungeons (you won't get VPs but the experience will help) and make sure you read up on boss fights before you go.
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Like the others have said, 9k is just dandy for heroics. :3
But, also, I'm looking at your profile right now, and I think you could probably get a little bit more out of your spec as it is. If it's BM you're doing dungeons as, you'd be better of losing the Pathfinding talent. Your pet does most of your damage, so you can take the points out of Improved Serpent Sting as well, and putting the points in Go For the Throat and Sic 'Em instead.
Which pet are you using for your heroics runs btw?
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

339 means you're missing some key stats too, so don't judge yourself too harshly on that. Your gear has lots of room for improvement, so it'll get better.

Look up the fights ahead of time if you can; knowing the mechanics is very key in Cataclysm, especially in some of the trickier heroics (Deadmines, I love you, but I'm looking at you here). Since you're not raiding and such yet, you could always check out youtube videos. Some fights don't translate well on paper, so actually seeing the fight while you're not in the middle of it can help. It definitely helped me to have seen a beta video of BRC before actually running it the first time. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

bunni12
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: hellscream

Unread post by bunni12 »

Ok thank you all the tips, will look at the advice on here and definitely sort, I have picked a few pieces up since this post have the hyal boots treads of marlone for example. I lev is now 344.

Pets I use mainly Andromeda (ankha) and Lokkeigh (loque) for instances and some pve

for the Firelands dailies and some soloing if tough use Boots the Beetle (called Boots cos I have the explorer title)

and for Tol barad dailies I use Mr Clatter (shale spider)

Lovely siggy by the fab Ashaine
AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I hate the new Zul'Gurub.. It's like a mini raid really and just annoying.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Kalliope

AdamSavage wrote:I hate the new Zul'Gurub.. It's like a mini raid really and just annoying.
I love it for exactly that reason! Plus, there's all sorts of tricks to make the trash easier, and even more of it can be skipped. :)

And the boss nerfs didn't hurt any either. >_>

YouTube Edition

AdamSavage

We kept wiping over and over again on the panther boss, and then for some reason we wiped on the one where you have to click on the cauldrons. I'm starting to think our healer couldn't handle the place.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Kalliope

Both bosses can be ridiculous if people are eating all sorts of extra damage, but without having been there, it's hard to say. :)

YouTube Edition

AdamSavage

I think I'm gonna bribe some of my friends for a run through there.

Dr. Who Video!