Anyone else dislike...

erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Re: Anyone else dislike...

Unread post by erwil »

I don't mind it too much. I don't really expect that much from pugs in the first place. :P There was this one run in the Stonecore where we were on Ozruk, and I dispelled his enrage like I usually do. After the boss was dead, the pug tank went "Wow, finally a hunter who knows how to play", which I suppose is as close as a pug can get to a compliment most of the time. xD
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

Wassa wrote:I really don't mind being called by my class.

What I hate is being called a huntard for no reason other than people think all hunters are idiots.
This <.< I'll admit I've made some small mistakes, but not usually anything major. Sometimes from pure forgetfulness, and it's generally a one shot deal (or some blizzard mechanic that's screwed something up). But yeah, I don't really like it when they just go with the whole huntard thing...
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

erwil wrote:I don't mind it too much. I don't really expect that much from pugs in the first place. :P There was this one run in the Stonecore where we were on Ozruk, and I dispelled his enrage like I usually do. After the boss was dead, the pug tank went "Wow, finally a hunter who knows how to play", which I suppose is as close as a pug can get to a compliment most of the time. xD
God...yes. I try to compliment as many hunters who actually dispel things like enrages, just because most don't bother. >_< (I would say the same to ret pallies who actually interrupt, haaaaa!)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

My friends jokingly call me a huntard, but I've never met someone in a PuG who called me the same - even if they did I doubt I'd get upset by it since I'm so used to it. I have misclicked buttons and dropped traps at my feet instead of shooting them at the mob, I have accidentally shot things far off back in the day of Autotarget From Hell, and for a while my pets loved to take off with mobs into new packs - but generally all that results in is a laugh and we do it again. I don't have too much trouble normally, and none of my group members are ever particularly judgmental - if they are, they never say anything to my face.

Honestly I get more flak on my druid - I've been called 'cocky', 'arrogant', 'stupid' for reasons I have no idea, as the healer never answered me when I asked her what I was doing wrong. All I did was stealth and sit while I was waiting for the tank. O_o I don't sit next to mobs or anything.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

I never say anything in grps (pugs/raids/bgs what have you) but it just gets to me when they do that. Maybe it is all they huntard crap that can happen. I dunno though. :/ Not worth a pissing match in /p over it it is just a pet peeve of mine.

Most of the time if I mess something up I jump on the 'huntard' thing before the grp can. Such as "Dang I'm putting the tard in huntard today >.<" and that way I tend to get laughs from my grps and defuse things before it comes from someone else. Always better to act the clown and get some laughs from your grp and at your own slip ups then a fighting pissed grp. Also you tend to get the grp to say 'aww everyone has an off day. don't worry about it'. :) Much better then /kick huntard lol

I have a similar view of certain realms players. I see a certain realm and I know they are going to be the hardcore elitist dicks. Not a thing that will make me leave a grp but I know that it will be a 'fun' run. Hurp a derp >.<

On a side note am I the only one that loves looking at what other people name their pets? Maybe it is just the part of me that loves having a neat name for my toons/pets that gets me doing it. lol. anyway I digress.

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Incoming book. =D

It bugs me a bit to be referred to as Hunter. I do have a name after all. People are just lazy and it's easier to call someone by their class than take the extra time to look at their name. I can understand in the middle of a big fight or when you're in a fight period it being easier to just say their class name, but at the start of a dungeon there really is no excuse to be lazy. I don't think I've ever called anyone by their class when addressing them. I just deal with it, though.

I've had quite a few people in PUGs that have just started refer to me as Huntard before even knowing what I am capable of. I just shake my head with a bit of a smirk.

I really hate quiet, uncommunicative groups. Yes, I know the blue square is Freezing Trap... but I've had some tanks that take forever assigning icons so I tend to be a little cautious about throwing the trap. I have asked at times that they put the square up last and that I'll toss it off then knowing he's ready. Of course then there are some that are just really impatient and the second the icons go up they're charging in, pulling everything.

I'm always trying to Dispel Rage when I see it go up, even when it can't be.. I still try.

I've had someone call me an elitist prick/etc when I tried to explain a boss fight to him because he obviously had no idea and kept dieing. Not that I was being a jerk at all, the guy just had a massive ego and couldn't take the help. I was only doing it to save him the repairs and let him know how it worked. So because of that, I didn't take the time to explain the rest of the fights. Guess who died everytime while we laughed?

Not saying I'm perfect. I've had bad days.. one I'd like to completely erase and say it never happened. I was just so distracted and being pulled in so many different directions. My boyfriend was talking to me asking me questions about Warhammer, I was trying to answer him. I had the other Huntard(yes, he deserves to be called this) spamming me in tells, "How did you do that much damage as BM?", "How'd you do 17k DPS?!", "Where'd you get that pet!?" "Tell me!" with much worse spelling and lazyness. He was not content with my first answer and just continued to bug me. I didn't see the ledge everyone had walked off and stepped down, my pet ran completely around and pulled a bunch of stuff without me knowing.
Bodhran
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Alexstrasza

Unread post by Bodhran »

Seilahyn wrote:I'm always trying to Dispel Rage when I see it go up, even when it can't be.. I still try.
^I have a addon that puts a icon up on screen for that. So if I can do it and this addon makes it easy by telling me then EVERYONE can do it so there is no reason that they are not dispeling rage. (I think it is JS' Hunter Bar/Serenity but I'm not sure as I'm a addon whore. XD

Not directed at you Seilahyn by the way just made me think about the addon.
Seilahyn wrote:I had the other Huntard(yes, he deserves to be called this) spamming me in tells, "How did you do that much damage as BM?", "How'd you do 17k DPS?!", "Where'd you get that pet!?" "Tell me!" with much worse spelling and lazyness. He was not content with my first answer and just continued to bug me.
^ OT but this reminded me of this youtube clip from WHU: http://youtu.be/WhvvNGeHHME (nsfw-ish)

ImageImage
ImageImage

Hunter:
-Hunters now earn Valor Points when they are effectively Vote Kicked from a Dungeon Finder group.
-Ettin’s Grip (new talent) allows the hunter to equip two ranged weapons simultaneously.

Dream skins to tame:
Fandral Staghelm Fire Cat Form. Kor'kron War/Veteran/Warbringer of the Horde PVP wolf mount. Xuen/Litter of Xuen! Legion Wolf Boss.
Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

GormanGhaste wrote:
Monica Gems wrote:So it's faster for these people to just shorten my name.
They could just shorten hunter and call us Hun. :)
As a girl irl, I would approve. Cuddly names ftw.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Doesn't bother me unless theres more than one of the same class in the group. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

People usually say "hunter" when addressing me, but I don't mind that.

It only bugs me when (like what other people have said) there's more than one hunter and then it's just confusion all around with people going "which one?" or "hunter whodawhatnow?"

My BE DK has (multiple times, its hilarious) been called a paladin before. :U
I have misclicked buttons and dropped traps at my feet instead of shooting them at the mob
Oh, this brings up a hilarious situation in the underwater Cata dungeon (I forgotteded the name ;c) where, when they marked something for me to trap, I was standing behind some coral at the time and shot the trap right above me on a coral reef. I was all "safikfjskld" and everyone was all "omg lol". Sad to say, that's been the best (and funniest) PuG group I've been in since Cata started.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Davarra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kargath, Suramar, Eitrigg, Korialstrasz, Nagrand

Unread post by Davarra »

Klakk wrote: Curiously, I do pay attention to the server name. If the server name starts with a D, and they are tanking or healing, it's time to cut your losses and quit the group.
With me it's drug names. Every player I run into with a pot themed name tends to be dumb as dirt. Don't care the server or role.

I'm one of the class callers, tho...sorry, my sight's gone to hell, I'm closer to blind than not...but if you haven't pissed me off, then it's nothing more than "I can see your class color, and I'd have to strain an awful lot to get more.".

Sig and av by the very talented Kurenio!

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Klakk wrote:Curiously, I do pay attention to the server name. If the server name starts with a D, and they are tanking or healing, it's time to cut your losses and quit the group. If they are DPSing, it's ok as long as you can make up for what they aren't bringing to the table and are not asking them to CC something or operate a level. Something about the D's just attracts failures like moths to the flame.
Oh hi, I missed this one. We're not ALL bad. ;) (But I certainly know a number of the people you're talking about.) Definitely seen a ton of bads from other servers as well. Try to gauge more on the individual than the server name. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!