Your most Fail moments

Magli
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Moonrunner

Re: Your most Fail moments

Unread post by Magli »

Face-pulled the Maiden in Kara once while setting up for the fight. She runs over and smacks me while I fumble for the Feign key, and I drop. The tank picks her up and the rest of the raid goes to work while I lie there dead.

After a while, I realize my pet's still out and chewing on the boss. That's funny, I think; don't pets normally despawn when the owner dies? Guess that means I must not be dead...oh....

That's right, my feign worked so well it fooled myself. :oops:
Last edited by Magli on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks to Kurenio for the signature!

It was believed afterward that the man was a lunatic, because there was no sense in what he said.

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Aeladrine wrote: One time I got stuck on a cloud.
I just woke up, so this sentence has thus far made my day.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I was in Warsong Gulch and forgot that you couldn't mount up while carrying the flag ... *headsmack*

Oh and the very first time I ever played a Night Elf ... I accidentally ran off the edge of Darnassus and died on a branch several hundred feet down. I was new to the game so I didn't understand that I was even on a tree to begin with ... I thought that if I tried to leave that branch, I'd fall off the edge of the world.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Solix. Because of /readfail. :oops:
erwil
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by erwil »

Aleu wrote:Word of advice - You cannot dodge the ground.
Last night, the Alliance were trying to raid Garrosh and failing pretty miserably at it. They scattered after a few tries and the Hordelings went on their own ways chasing and ganking them. I spotted one wee lonely dwarf warrior flying above the drag, and thought I'd try to kill him midair with the disengage trick. I got him to half health on the first try and successfully disengaged to safety. I then took off again from the drag and flew after him. He was hiiigh above Durotar when I went for him the second time, shouting victory to myself when he died and I disengaged off, only to notice that the ground was still nowhere to be seen and went splat on my face. ._. Oh well, free 10 HP, but I should not have gotten too cocky.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I hate Garrosh anyway and wish I could help them kill him. [grin]
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Azunara wrote:
Aeladrine wrote: One time I got stuck on a cloud.
I just woke up, so this sentence has thus far made my day.
Haha, I'm glad!
...I still have no idea how I got stuck on a cloud. I thought they were just the ceiling or whatever. ;n;
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I have a good few fails... Flying over Wintergrasp back in the day...

Not to mention the Falling deaths...

My most fail moment was back in BC... I was in underground SW on my then Nightelf Druid (rerolled as a worgen). I thought I had the right hole, you know, the one that took you to the portal tower in the mages quarter? Yeah, no. I definitely did NOT jump in the portal, I realized, after about 2 hours of falling. I finally sent in a ticket, and another 2 hours later, I get teleported by a GM to the gates of Ironforge. After chatting, he asks if I'd like to go back to SW, so I say "yes please". He begins teleporting me with some GM device, when I read in red letters "THE TELEPORTATION DEVICE HAS MALFUNCTIONED, COMMENCING PLAN B"...

Plan B was to catapult me to the SW AH. From Ironforge. As a HELPLESS TREE FROG.

Another fail moment of mine was back when you had to RUN all the way to Scarlet Monestary, before lvl 20's got mounts... I used to take a shortcut by wall jumping up and behind Undercity, then wall jumping up the undetailed 'hills' behind it and jumping off, JUST close enough that I didn't die. I was running while jumping, and missed my landing by about an extra 5k hitpoints/damage. Needless to say that my group became a bit impatient when they found out why I took so long.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

the many many times in BC that I ran off a cliff on my hunter only to realise that I was NOT on my druid and there where no Flight form aspects!!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

Just looked and found that I have 35 falling deaths! And very close to 3000 deaths over all -- shouldn't there be an achievement for that? :D With almost 1400 of those being deaths in Alterac Valley -- shows how much I played that BG.
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

What I don't get is: I have a few deaths racked up in 2v2 and 3v3 arenas, but I've never been on an arena team in my life. Are there other things that can cause this to happen?

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

Huh, that's weird. Perhaps you sleep-gladiatored once?
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

Maybe... It also says I have no 2v2 3v3 or 5v5 (all three types) arena Honorable kills, but i have 300 or so 'Arena honorable kills' and a few Final blows in the 2v2 and 3v3 brackets... It's just a bit odd.

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Oh, back during BC I jumped off Halaa believing I was on my flying mount. Another word of advice - Talbuks can't fly. I bet the Alliance fighting for it got a kick out of that. My guild sure did. D:

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

It's such a shame in many respects that the Outland content hardly gets looked at anymore; there's a lot of hard work and beautiful stuff in there, and most of us now just rocket through it too fast to see most of it, with how fast levelling happens now.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I feel like an under achiever.

493 total deaths, one drowning death (I have a reason! I had to feed my cat and, well, forgot to swap to seal form under water in Uldum...Yeah.), and 14 falling deaths. Almost all of those deaths come in my earlier Azu days when one of my guildies would take me to all sorts of nifty places you technically shouldn't go. You know, like where the dancing trolls were pre-Cata, places in Dun Morogh where all the land textures combined, places with giant holes of DOOM, under SW....

Let's see....General Bjarngrim and I don't get along, and Professor Putricide is my least favorite raid boss. (No, Professor. NOT good news!) Drek'thar took me out twice, but I really shine in WSG with 115 deaths.

In other random notes:

-I have killed more humanoids than anything else, at 15,793.
-2,072 critters have died to my claws.
-I've got 1,910 honorable kills, most of those from, yup, WSG.
-Overall, in my WoW career, Azu has slaughtered 46, 942 things. Grisly.

Oh, and I've abandoned 266 quests.
Nubhorns
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: WrA

Unread post by Nubhorns »

I landed on a rock outside of Orgrimmar to try out the Draeneic Pale Ale.

I'm not really sure what went through my brain, but my hippogryph turned into a pink elekk and I jumped right off the cliff thinking she could still fly.

...and then I died.

And then I couldn't get back to my body and had to take rez sickness. At 85. Right outside of the city. Yeouch.

|| deviantART || armory || magistream ||

CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I can't remember too many... I've done many MANY "oops" with AoE mistargets, and my finger accidentally right clicking when checking out targets in dungeons... Or.. Oh! I sometimes will simply assist (default bound to "F") the tank to make sure I don't pull aggro (not just on hunter, but on my mage too), and I've had a few that will just tab spam to get aggro on everything... And a few times it's been timed JUST wrong that I've pulled a few extra groups before I realized the tank was just spam targetting and I'd thrown a fireball (or shot an arrow) at the next pack o.o

Also, I remember some time during classic, in the very very early days when almost nobody had a mount by level 40/50, and it took months and months of farming to get your epic mount... And back when low level zones were directly beside and connected to level-cap zones >.<. I had the awesome idea to explore on foot. I THINK I was in the hinterlands.. not sure though. Anyways, I was climbing the mounting and thinking all "I wonder what I'll find!" So i get up through the mountains... find a cool looking useable red crystal on the ground, so I go to use it.. And I get slaughtered by those ghosty mobs that spawened o.o I Think I might have gotten devoured by a maggot when I went to res, too.... I just remembered thinking "oops... I guess skulls = bad...."
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Gimlion »

I found out quickly that Gold dragon = extremely powerful (back in the day of like level 5...) when I thought I could handle Hogger on my level 5 mage... BAD IDEA...

Monica Gems
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Monica Gems »

Hit mount button. Get distracted briefly. Hit auto-run mouse button... with cursor still on said button. Get dismounted. Fall to death.

This has happened 3 times off the top of my head. Once in Org. In the front. Where people were watching.