And you thought the rare pet griefers on your server suck

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Re: And you thought the rare pet griefers on your server suc

Unread post by Royi »

Worba wrote:
Azunara wrote:@The Whole Guild Accusation: I remember way back when I was learning about types of bias and whatnot, generalization was one of them. And our teacher always told us to be careful about these, because generalizations are nasty things. Accusing the entire guild is like saying all hunters must be stupid and don't know how to play. You have no evidence and are assuming everyone is either doing the act of griefing, or is a hunter and doesn't know how to play. Neither have a safe basis to stand upon.
"should members be 100% unaccountable for their in-game actions, even as we post thread after thread decrying the behavior of people in-game"*.

Azu ~ I dont like the fact that the OP is bringing the entire guild into this situation though. I remember back when I played Alliance on Earthen Ring a few guildies of mine at the time would say ALL AIE "Alea Iacta Est" horde guildmembers are greivers and campers etc. For a second I believed them until I did some research. When I found that AIE was actually the largest Guild in all of Warcraft with 4000+ members, its easy to believe that out of 4000 people there might be a few bad apples.

Sometimes I like to call shenanigans and grab my broom, and maybe sometimes I tend to grab my broom

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/1 ... henanigans (i think the clip only works in the US)

Worba ~ I am one too who wonders this: should Petopian members be 100% unaccountable for their in-game actions?

~Now that I think about it more, perhaps the OP is trollin' here somewhat. Otherwise I would like to see some screen-shots of Deth dead or whatnot.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Yep. We'll see. Mania will get to it when she can.
Knobhead
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: EU-Jaedenar

Unread post by Knobhead »

Haha, this dingbat really thinks his pet is special and unique when there are literally thousands of people across the world with the same pet? Excuse me while I have my daily dose of laughter.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

I am amazed this forum is still up, concidering how [...] the boards have been recently. Innocent art forums get thrashed...but this actually is a rule breaker

Moderation note: Let's complain without pulling Nazis into it. And preferably by PMing someone who can do something about it instead of wandering into an already off-topic thread. Thank you.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited Nazis.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Redith wrote:I am amazed this forum is still up, concidering how [...] the boards have been recently. Innocent art forums get thrashed...but this actually is a rule breaker
hah
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited quote.
Worba

Unread post by Worba »

Redith wrote:I am amazed this forum is still up, concidering how [...] the boards have been recently. Innocent art forums get thrashed...but this actually is a rule breaker
Where is a good cop when you need one, right? Hurry up and graduate from the academy already. :P
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Mania has been extremely busy with life, havent seen her around in awhile and we do have alot less moderators then we used to.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Worba

Unread post by Worba »

I was poking fun at Redith there, not Mania (see the badge next to his posts). I know she has other stuff to keep track of. :)
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dr. Rockso »

Knobhead wrote:Haha, this dingbat really thinks his pet is special and unique when there are literally thousands of people across the world with the same pet? Excuse me while I have my daily dose of laughter.

lol i know right
people like this deserve any trolling they get

Moderation note: All members of this community (and all people, come to that) deserve a modicum of respect. (Forum Rule #1) Please keep that in mind while posting here.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added note about forum rules.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Dr. Rockso wrote:
Knobhead wrote:Haha, this dingbat really thinks his pet is special and unique when there are literally thousands of people across the world with the same pet? Excuse me while I have my daily dose of laughter.

lol i know right
dr rockso have you just been skimming over the posts that aren't agreeing with you 100% on the method of doing this? just curious since you seem oblivious to 80% of the posts in this thread
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Royi wrote:
Dr. Rockso wrote:

lol i know right
dr rockso have you just been skimming over the posts that aren't agreeing with you 100% on the method of doing this? just curious since you seem oblivious to 80% of the posts in this thread
Ok so its not just me who think he has selective viewing
Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

Royi wrote:
No, Royi, they're just blatantly ignoring us. It's kind of rude, actually.
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Yaone
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Yaone »

At this point, right or wrong it's to late. I'm sure that by now, most of petopia and the lurkers have already read this. And yet, you all still come in and bump the post (I'm guilty here too) with how wrong it is.

Long story short: Let it fall off the first page.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Aeladrine wrote:
Royi wrote:
No, Royi, they're just blatantly ignoring us. It's kind of rude, actually.
Wow i reread the whole thread Aeladrine, (Redith's point too, too lazy to copypaste two quotes in one post)

Dr Rockso hasn't replied once to anything that hasn't been 100% agreement. Either troll thread is troll ~ Or bitter hunter is bitter here I believe
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Wow. I can understand bitter if the dude really is murdering every Deth he spots but ... yeah. :/ Something isn't quite right.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

dr rockso is probably just a friend of [...] and they're just trolling for laughs
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited for naming & shaming.
Dr. Rockso
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Dr. Rockso »

Royi wrote:dr rockso is probably just a friend of [...] and they're just trolling for laughs
OMG !!! YOU JUST NAMED HIM!!!! get him!!! delete the post!!! get the feds!!!! your gona fry for this!!!!!

get over yourself son i made people away of a person that was going above and beyond to grief hunters in the game. If my post if a violation of the rules of this forum then it will get deleted plain ans simple and we will all move on. The reason i dont respond to your 10 posts about how this violates the rules of this forum ( We get it already ) is to prevent some kind of flame war on here that's all. Now i have responded to your posts plz move on. and for someone who doesn't like the content of this post you sure are keeping it alive by your posting (Just Saying ) :)

Now thats all i have to say about that any further complaints plz address them to the nearest brick wall and have a wonderful day. :mrgreen:

Moderation note: In the future, please edit your original post when you become aware that you are in violation of forum rules.

In addition: One more disrespectful post like this and you're taking a short vacation, Mr. Rockso.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

Don't expect much from these forums, all I'm saying.
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

Various posts in this thread that were in violation of forum rules have been edited or commented with moderation notes. The posters who were in violation have been PM'd about their posts.

This thread is being locked but will remain undeleted as a reference.

Several points:
1) If you become aware that your post is breaking a forum rule, please edit it.
2) If you see a post that breaks a forum rule, report it (as many of you did). If you have a reasonable suspicion that the poster doesn't know about the rules, send the poster a PM. (Feel free to CC the Moderator account.)
3)If you have concerns, complaints, or suggestions about moderation, please send a PM to Mania.