Your luckiest finds

bigbadwolfx
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Stormscale US

Your luckiest finds

Unread post by bigbadwolfx »

what r your luckiest finds mabey its finding lots of spirit beasts mabey you get a mount drop on ur first try. whats your luckiest finds? u can brag here it's a thread to admire ur awesome luck.
Litlemouse
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Vashj, Whisperwind

Re: Your luckiest finds

Unread post by Litlemouse »

Um... Well, I went to Grizzly Hills, found Arcturis, went to ZulDrak, first spawnpoint found Gondria, went to Storm Peaks, first spawn point found Skoll. >.>

Also, there was that time I found King Krush, and while chasing after him found Loque.

Worba
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Hmm.

Green protodrake on second egg.

Headless Horseman's Mount back when he only dropped from the HH himself (also got the sword on the same run).

Rivendare's Charger. Got this for my male NE on the 12th try - still pretty lucky from what I've heard. ^^

Deth'Tilac. Wasn't camping her, just saw her on my targeting macro, the NE there ahead of me failed, and when it was my turn, no one stole her or griefed me (well not successfully anyway - there was a flagged warrior who I suspect may have been trying to mess me up..).
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

My luckiest find was Arcturis...

It was nearly almost a year ago when my first hunter, Neyaari, was hoping to tame her first spirit beast at the level of 74. I waited for hours... It wasn't until I went off a bit to the south to quest that he must have spawned. I completed my short quest and went to turn it it. But he was there to my surprise when I returned! And to make matters more intense I had forgotten all about the dungeon I had been in queue for which popped mid tame. I went into that dungeon all shaky and excited at taming my first ever spirit beast, it was luck indeed. I could have quested a bit longer and gone into that dungeon without ever knowing her had shown his face (I'm certain another hunter would have gotten him since there were quite a few I had seen looking for him)
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Third run Anzu drop. Eleven runs for Rivendare. First week of LK white polar bear. Rolling a 98 on the first Amani bear I ever got to see. Alts have gotten single-run drops for some things (like the white hawkstrider and my priest....ONE QUEST white polar bear for my rogue).

I've also had horrific luck in the other direction. I'm looking at you, sewer rat. -_- Also turtle that I still do not have. *shakefist*

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

For sili i did a fishing daily in dal, got the bone fishing pole FIRST node i fished in i got the sea turtle mount

Voodoocat(druid): First time EVER doing the daily that can drop the white polar bear mount, she got it

Startstrasza: First time EVER and i do mean ever being in UP in general ( she never did it on reg) went into heroic first time ever blue proto dropped, won witha 100.. i shat a brick

All my toon CEPT sili who i want the HH mount on got it their first time.... i call BS .-. xD
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Unread post by Serenith »

I suppose another lucky thing is that I have the white hawkstrider on both my priest and druid. Druid only ran it three times.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

Kalliope wrote:Third run Anzu drop.
Mine was also Anzu... but on the very first drop. I was in shock when I saw it.

Same on my other hunter, but it was the Green proto-drake. Very first egg.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Unread post by Nimae »

I've worked my a$$ off for most of the rares that I've managed to tame or get. I spent months looking for TLPD, quit WoW for a while, came back and spent another few weeks before I finally snagged him. Same for my Sea Turtle; rare pets too, with my hunts more often than not composed of lengthy camping sessions.

The one time RNG did work in my favor was with the Grey Riding Camel mount. I was doing a lazy fly-by through Uldum when my NPC_Scan picked up a figurine. I zoomed down and (this was while the figurines were still targetable), before even checking the NPC ID, clicked...and was whirled away to Feralas. I still can't believe my good fortune. The Grey Camel is still my number one ground mount. Low-quality screenshot below! :D

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

I was able to get my White Hawkstrider in less than a week on Arit, and getting Gondria on a casual, "Meh, let's see if she's up" run to ZD. For Gon I think I spent...3 or 4 hours looking for her? Easy easy.
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Shinjiro

Unread post by Shinjiro »

Got Skoll, Gondria and Arcturis on one Northrend fly. Went back the next day and grabbed a second Gondria. So not ashamed.

Also grabbed King Krush on my first check. Named him Mordekaiser.
Dana
Realm: Velen

Unread post by Dana »

Hmm... Luckiest was probably finding all four Spirit beasts on a 3 day basis. Also found KK about 2 Days after.
Also I felt pretty lucky getting a world drop BoE, ( No use, Had Str. and Stam. as a hunter. ) Sold for about 15k (:

Thank you Ashaine for the wonderful signature!

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Hmmm.

On Shade, i just flew over and picked up Gondria and Articus without having to camp. Also found Ankah that way on her. I had Aoenaxx spawn right in front of her when I was not even looking. Found Karkin just randomly when I logged in one day near his spawn point.

On Kitsune, I found King Krush without any camping.

On Gypsi and Sidhe, I've not had as much luck.
Aeliel
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Aeliel »

My luck is pretty legendary. Let's see...

I clear Sunwell with the boyfriend (two-manning or three-manning, depending on how you see it - three characters, two mine one his, two people controlling them), and the very first time we ran through we not only got all the tier pieces we both were missing on our mains, but Kil'jaeden actually dropped Thori'dal. o_O

Got the white polar bear back in WotLk, completely randomly - I was just passing by, figured "meh, I'll do the daily, not like I'll get anything" - surprise polar bear.

Got the Eye of Sulfuras to drop for the boyfriend - he'd been soloing MC for a long while without a drop (meanwhile I've had my Sulfuras forever), one reset he didn't feel like going so I told him, you cook dinner, I'll run it for you. It dropped. :D

Got the Vortex Pinnacle drake out of a random normal mode dungeon finder PuG. Pity it was on my alt priest, not on my main, so I'll still have to grind it for my main but, you know, let's not look the gift horse in the mouth...

Got Aeonaxx on the first day of seriously camping him - after getting both TLPD and Aonaxx for the boyfriend, with minimal camping involved. Still haven't seen TLPD for my main, but again, gift horses...

Took me ages to get a Green Proto-Drake out of the stupid Oracle egg... then a few weeks after I got mine, patch 4.1 landed and with it the CTA satchels. And in the process of running my weekly heroics on my main (a tank), I got a satchel to drop me a second Green Proto-Drake. Made for a very happy alt who'd been up until then riding a sparklepony.

Headless Horseman's mount took me a long, long farm the first year of the event, back when it still dropped from the boss. (I and the boyfriend could easily two-man him by ourselves, since we outgeared the encounter massively, so we started paying people for their summons - here, have a picture:

That's about half of that day's corpses, they despawn somewhat fast.) Then a year later, I was running it on my alt and it dropped on the first day and I won the roll.

Similarly, spent ages grinding the Searing Scorchling for the boyfriend, back when it still dropped from Ahune on the first year of the event. Got it for him the last day. Never got mine. Went back a year later, got it first kill.

I've also gotten Anzu to drop (back when it was a druid-only thing) for like... 5-6 people? Not all in a row, but relatively fast (within a month or two of very casual farming, not going every day.) First myself, then the boyfriend, then an alt of mine because I felt like it, and then I started taking friends through for a lark to see if it dropped, and sure enough...

One of my alts, first random heroic ever back at 80, gets Oculus, gets the blue drake out of the bag. (Then a second on her second Oculus, and then a third on her third Oculus, and the spares are still in her bank because I haven't the heart to delete them, and meanwhile my main still doesn't have hers, but hey...)

Boyfriend's trying to gather enough vanity pets to get the Celestial Dragon (150 pets). So off I go farming mobs on an alt that I know hasn't done the Mechanical Chicken quest, so I can then give it to him. I go to Feralas first, and it occurs to me that I might as well go kill the mobs that drop the Tiny Emerald Whelpling, you know, just in case, since the boyfriend's still missing that, too. Sure enough, two loops and a half of the lake later, I loot a whelpling. Still no OOX quest starter but hey...

On the opposite end: still don't have the damn turtle mount from fishing. (Meanwhile boyfriend fished like two pools for a lark and got his, grrr.) Still haven't got Illidan to cough up the damn blindfold. Still no luck winning the roll on the new Amani bear on my main, despite successfully completing the run in dungeon finder PuGs several times. (Meanwhile, one of my alts has it. Figures.) Still haven't seen either of the dungeon dragons drop.

But all in all I can't complain...
-=[ Dreams of Iso'rath ]=-
-=[ Image ]=-
Katalenna
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Silverhand

Unread post by Katalenna »

Have to say the 1 day i spent camping for Loque'nahak.....yes it was actually less than 1 day but i rounded up some :)

After i saw my fellow guild mates shiny kitty that looked so pretty i was determined to get my own. So i rushed through lvling to 85 (only had a few lvls to go) and then popped into the basin. I flew around a bit to survey the land and find a good flight path between spawn spots. Then to my surprise while i was flying by the hive area but up on the hill a GIANT green dino spawned right in front of me. I was like "Holy crap!" I landed and proceeded to tame him and he feared me almost over the cliff but a split second later he was my new BEST buddy :)

Talked to my guild mate in guild chat and she said that Loqu'nahak would spawn 6 to 8 hours later than. And she Congratulated me on a tame well done. So i decided i wouldn't log off until Loque'nahak spawned and exactly 6 hours later he appeared right in front of me in the spot across the river from the Nesingwary camp.
I was so Happy i typed "WOOT!" into guild chat and everyone asked me what for and i said i tamed Loque and they all said holy cow. My guild mate that had her said it took her 3 weeks of heavy camping to get him. So i feel very lucky :)

I have ran into so many Rares though that my guild has started calling me Katalenna Queen of the Rare spawns....lol

P.S. I am also pretty sure that i got Server first tame of the New Olm the Wise and server first Reins of Poseidus. Don't worry i share my luck with every one :)
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

Shaon had some luck with Karkin when it came to that tame. The tame wasn't hard, what nearly got me was the location. I had settled to watch at the lower point and Karkin, well, he had to show up at the higher point. I'm no great shakes at rock jumping and knowing I had only a small amount of time before other hunters caught wind of him spawning, I couldn't just do it at my leisure. Somehow I jumped rocks like I'd done such a thousand times and had a flawless tame.

My main, Sochi, got lucky enough to get TLPD one fine day. Unlucky enough to be on the ground when scan caught him, lucky enough to be fast enough to get the tag and kill.
quietstrm07

Unread post by quietstrm07 »

I'd just say in general all my luck on my hunter. He's now about a month and a half to 2 months old and already has all 9 spirit beasts plus the 10 new rares. Granted, major camping was involved when it came to Skarr/Karkin, Ankha, and Deth'tilac but still not too shabby for a newb hunter.

Still I'd have to say my luckiest / most stressful was when I was just wrapping up level 79 (was at 79.5) and questing in Storm Peaks, I found Skoll sitting there waiting for me at one of the northern spawns points. This was probably at about 1am my time, but forced myself through the rest of the level in an hour to two, dreading the thought that someone else would tame/kill him. I ding 80 by turning in a quest at Thorim, fly down, and he's just sitting there waiting for me :) What a wonderful present for hitting level 80 and getting out of Northrend :) Next day, just ding 81 and Terrorpene had recently spawned. Called in an alt paladin for the resist aura after failing the tame a couple times and have my wonderful flaming tank pet :)

Signature created by the very talented Serenith. Thank you very much for all your hard work :)

Roxhunt
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade

Unread post by Roxhunt »

My luckiest find had to be the Time Lost Proto Drake when I wasn't even looking for it! My hubby wanted Skoll so I had my pally out in Storm Peaks at one of Skoll's spawn points and since my pally has the 310 flying, I'd use her to look around for Skoll. One night, he'd been camping Skoll all day and had signed out for the night. I signed in about 30 minutes later to check one last time on Skoll for him when NPC went off and the TLPD was right in front of me. I aggro'ed him to the ground and got the mount! I was so excited, I woke my husband to tell him. He would have been a lot more excited if I was waking him to tell him Skoll was out. :lol: