The people you meet in dungeons......

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

The people you meet in dungeons......

Unread post by Teigan »

This was so amazingly bad, it actually became funny. So, Jade and I were running a few Outland level dungeons with her orc tank and my doomchicken. Got this DK in the group who really had a problem with the fact the we called each other "babe" a few times. Went on this long rant about how calling someone you've never even met before "babe" is just weird. I informed him that she is my girlfriend and can call her "babe" if I want to, as can she. This set him off more. He questioned my "manhood" until one of the other party members said "Are you blind? They BOTH said "she" And then there was another rant, where he questioned both of our femininity and said he would never have a girlfriend who tanks cause that's just unappealing. I called him a misogynistic pig who can't stand independent, powerful women. I don't think he quite understood what I was talking about. Then he of course called us fat, ugly nerds and left the group. We breathed a collective sigh of relief. It was so beyond offensive that it was bizarrely funny. But, we acquired an interesting acquaintance out of it, who was healing that group. He thought that the guy was out of his mind. So, yay for healing buddies and boo for bizarrely angry little creatures who haunt dungeons at 5:30 AM.
Nimae
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist

Re: The people you meet in dungeons......

Unread post by Nimae »

Wow, sounds like you came across a real gem of humanity right there. Hahaha, I think you made his brain asplode with all those big words. Good work, Teigan! I think you pinned it right on the head, he's just a bizarre and angry little critter. I hope your dungeon runs go much smoother from now on! :)

Thanks to Xakaal, Kurenio, Vephriel, Serenith, Sookie, Rongar, & Mossed for the amazing sigs (rotating), and to Serenith & Sookie for the (rotating) avatars!
Dragon Cave: My Scroll! ••• Ghosts of Christmas Past Lineage Project

Tsuki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Tsuki »

Wait so
He thinks a girl who plays as a tank in a game is unappealing
... What? O_o

Some people are just so dumb, it's funny. :I

~Signature made by Serenith~Image~Signature made by Serenith~

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wow......

I think that just fried my brain....and made me wanna tank....just to piss him off.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

It never ceases to amaze me that people can be that close minded in this day and age.

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Seesh boys. They complain about no girls playing and how 'hot' it would be to meet real girls who play (I've had some truly frightening reactions when I speak up in a pug vent)-and then they bitch and moan about a female tank?

I think you just sacred his tiny brain with being female and having a girlfriend. Sadly there are people out there who cannot accept that not everyone follows their own specific little rulebook and think it is wrong. That lifestyle is not for me, but I don't give a shit what anyone else does, as long as it harms none. It would be a very boring world if we were all alike.

Sorry you had to put up with it. I would say he was likely some pea-brained little kid, but sadly it could have come from any idiot, age doesn't always apply. The game is sadly full of people who think they are the center of the universe and anyone who does not fall in line and kiss their ass is in the wrong. You see THAT attitude often enough in game sadly. Gah I had an encounter with a Paladin with a true 'holier then thou' attitude the other night. He was so confidant that he was the most powerful player in the game and that all of us should fall on our knees in awe, it was.. pathetic and frightening at the same time. Hopefully when schools start back up at least some of that won't be in the que at 530 in the morning!
Carnacki
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Dragonblight US

Unread post by Carnacki »

Sometimes you just wants a sammich...
Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Wow. Say what now?

I came into this game, a girl player, my first character was a Druid TANK. And I loved her, I still do. I still love tanking.

Today I read somewhere, might have even been on here I think?, and I agree with it fully...Healing is an artform, but tanking is skill.

I still remember when I first tanked one of the new Cata normals after leveling my Hunter...my little prot warrior. Who I had grown to love playing as a tank. It was Blackrock Caverns...first boss, Romm'ogg Bonecrusher. We had three puggers in the group whom we had never met before...long story short, everyone dies around 25%-30% still on the boss. I somehow was able to pull off solo-tanking it enough to kill him. And the best part of it was, one of the puggers says in party chat - "Now THATS a tank..."

How -dare- he say its unappealing for a girl to tank. I have taken extreme pride in my ability to tank...

What is that guy doing on WoW anyways? I have a kitchen sink that needs fixing. =P /badjoke. lol.
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

:lol: id prolly get really angry at him, but never say it, just type nice and plainly and straight forward, and then afterwards roll on the floor laughing at his thought process. I do feel bad though for future groups that have to put up with him :(

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Lol if I meet someone like that in a dungeon, I like to take my male toons and just tap e till im slowly edging closer to them and doing a /lick and /purr. But then again sometimes I just do this to random people who are standing around me too so. *shrug* always fun to mess with people who are rude in dungeons/bgs.

Mychelle
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Kirin Tor

Unread post by Mychelle »

Its a little known fact in my guild, that all of us girls there really are just one big happy lesbian couple. lol. =P
Worba
Realm: Uther, Zangarmarsh, Shu'halo, Fenris, Quel'Thalas+
Location: In Sethekk Halls, bothering Anzu (90 runs and counting)

Unread post by Worba »

Teigan wrote:So, yay for healing buddies and boo for bizarrely angry little creatures who haunt dungeons at 5:30 AM.
:lol:

Well said Teigan. Sad that someone would get mad over a couple simply calling eachother "babe", sadder still that instead of shutting up once he realized all his assumptions were wrong, he had to switch over to full-on bigot mode and make an even bigger fool of himself...
CrystalKitten
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Llane, Nesingwary

Unread post by CrystalKitten »

I would have right-click reported him.... As I do with ANY sexist, homophobic, or otherwise hate chat I see in ANY public chat (at least, those which even remotely come close to going overboard). But, I tend to really hate that kind of stuff. Some people just... *shakes head* It's not always their fault either. Could have been exposed to those thoughts from an early age... I've seen it in non-hate areas today, and it's almost always something that makes you wanna facepalm.
Thanks to TankPerson for the sig!
My Dragon Cave
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

i'm amazed. At least you can get a laugh out of it.

In my guild a Husband / Wife combo are the main tank / main healer.

The wife is the tank and the husband is the healer and the guild does just fine. I don't understand how sexist whomever that 12 year old troller is, oh well. Laugh and move on.
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Moderator »

Moderation note: Sukurachi's post and the references thereto, comparing the attributes of the person described in the first post to that of current political figures in a way which is likely to cause an off-topic political flame war in this thread, has been deleted. Sukurachi has been notified.

Edited to include the deletion of references to Sukurachi's post and to better describe the moderation reasoning.
Last edited by Moderator on Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited for clarity.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Moderator wrote:Moderation note: Sukurachi's original post in this thread, comparing the person of the first post to current political figures, has been deleted as off-topic and incendiary. Sukurachi has been notified.

then why didn't you simply delete EVERY reference to the "off topic" post?

I would like to make it clear to anyone coming to this thread that I did NOT compare anyone in the first post with anyone. A complaint has been lodged against the moderator.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Sukurachi wrote:
Moderator wrote:Moderation note: Sukurachi's original post in this thread, comparing the person of the first post to current political figures, has been deleted as off-topic and incendiary. Sukurachi has been notified.

then why didn't you simply delete EVERY reference to the "off topic" post?

I would like to make it clear to anyone coming to this thread that I did NOT compare anyone in the first post with anyone. A complaint has been lodged against the moderator.
GAH!! *throws glitter and rainbows at thread* There, that's better. ;)
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I've noticed a large amount of ......................... how should I put this ...................... ridiculously ................ ummmmm ..................... unintelligent people in dungeons and BG's lately. (yes I'm trying to diplomatically call them "stupid"). Went for a long time without encountering intolerant people. Until last night.
Not to steal your thread Teigs but thought I'd share. Hope you don't mind.
Last night I had a space goat paladin tear into me calling me names and a "noob" for simply having my pet emote on. The more I didn't respond to his trash talk the worse he got and for some reason he kept calling me "him", "dude" and other male type names. None of this I responded to which ticked him off and he had the never to pst me. I told him to "grow up" then did /ignore. :(
What is with people lately??? You'd think in a game that's so diverse people wouldn't be so intolerant of others.

Shame this happened Teigs. :hug:

Edit: Side note. I'm not calling the player themselves stupid /unintelligent just their words and actions.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Yikes. I'm sure he was very sad he didn't managed to rile you up. Well played.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Yay female tanks :) was beginning to think I was alone out there. Also like to add its so nice you get to run with the person you love, makes the game so much more fun, as for your run in, I love the fact he imploded and left instead of you kicking him...which i probably would have done.