Why is BM so low in dps?

AdamSavage
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Why is BM so low in dps?

Unread post by AdamSavage »

Ok I managed to squeeze another +78.31 dps out of BM. What I did was replace the +40 hit with an 20 hit, 20 Agility gem and changed my reforge on my Neck piece to Haste and not Mastery. Then I removed my reforge from my bracers. This brings me to 8.05% hit rating. Your not going to get any better then that.

Anyway, back on topic ? I'm not sure how we went from talking about BM dps and the difference between Marks and BM, to the sudden interest in my gear.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!

Nightsights
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Gilneas-US

Unread post by Nightsights »

i guess part of maximizing dps is to have optimal stats, gems, enchants, reforges, etc.

when they reverted agility back to is original 2 AP, agi was again the top dps stat.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:Ok I managed to squeeze another +78.31 dps out of BM. What I did was replace the +40 hit with an 20 hit, 20 Agility gem and changed my reforge on my Neck piece to Haste and not Mastery. Then I removed my reforge from my bracers. This brings me to 8.05% hit rating. Your not going to get any better then that.

Anyway, back on topic ? I'm not sure how we went from talking about BM dps and the difference between Marks and BM, to the sudden interest in my gear.
Cause you're gemming wrong, therefore the stats become wrong too if you're not gemmed and enchanted right. Get rid of any hit gems. Even the hit/agility gem. Thats holding you back. Just reforge hit on your gear. You can get that +20 hit with reforging. You're depriving yourself of 20+ agility, which is a huge loss.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

AdamSavage wrote:Ok I managed to squeeze another +78.31 dps out of BM. What I did was replace the +40 hit with an 20 hit, 20 Agility gem and changed my reforge on my Neck piece to Haste and not Mastery. Then I removed my reforge from my bracers. This brings me to 8.05% hit rating. Your not going to get any better then that.

You keep posting up the differences between your MM and BM specs; that mileage is only good for you and is going to lead to people looking at your gear and analyzing your character. Different people's setups are going to show different things.

One thing I think will always be true is that MM should always SIM higher than BM, however, sim is the keyword there. Someone like me who has never played MM in their life would probably see a DPS loss trying to go MM on the fly because I'm much more used to SV and BM. MM also has two completely different playstyles that vary its DPS as well.

It's all about taking the information you read and simulate and learning how to use it and apply it to your character. :)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:It's all about taking the information you read and simulate and learning how to use it and apply it to your character. :)
QFT. You have to balance your stats based on the gear you actually have.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

AdamSavage

Unread post by AdamSavage »

I fixed all my gems, I fixed my hit cap problem, I have the best raiding spec for BM/Marks and I have the best glyphs. Some of them come down to a preference really. I even looked at the best Hunters in the top guilds on my server as a reference as well. There is still a difference now, however the difference has reduced quite abit to around 300 dps. I'm not saying anyone should not use BM, in fact I will keep using BM to raid. This is because I prefer BM over marks anyway. I was using marks for pvp before (spec is NOT a pvp spec right now), I was curios to see what the difference was between them. I'm sure once you get into the higher end gear the difference will be even small if not almost par with each other. I know how to properly play both specs, just because I know how to use both, doesn't me I have to enjoy the spec. ;)

Also it's not about my setup or shot order etc etc. All I did was import my toon, selected common shot priority and hit update dps. I was simply listing the number it gave me. The numbers I posted later on are purely from Female Dwarf. The only time I posted number from my dps meter was when I used my Devilsaur on the test dummy, even then I went to great lengths to be as fair as I could to both specs.

For my dps reports, I've removed them to avoid any confusion. I've also updated my profile so one can't look up my toon and use him as a comparison. (Just for now) If someone wants to look me up and they don't know the sever etc, they can ask me. :D
So after a lot of testing and tweaking with the suggestions given to me, the final conclusion being that the more agility I got the less off the difference I seen in the numbers. You could say there is little to no difference between them. The moral of the story ? BM and Marks should be on par if your playing the specs correctly, and amusing your gemed, and enchanted etc correctly.
I believe if you can believe out of nothing an explosion (big bang) happened then how far fetched can god be?

Dr. Who Video!