I don't like this member of our raiding team.

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

I don't like this member of our raiding team.

Unread post by Kuraine »

There's this member of our core raiding team I REALLY don't like. He's only just become part of the proper team, but the other day during a quick run of BWD, our raid leader had to run off for a while and he left this guy in charge. From the moment he was put in charge, he was forcing everyone to act dead seriously, we weren't even allowed to chat in raid chat at all or speak via vent during a boss encounter. If anyone did, he threatened to kick them. And at one point he started to act very arrogant, saying how he 'clearly saved the raid when he became the raid leader'. Heck, me and four other people in the raid group, one being my boyfriend, made a secret chat channel just so we could talk together about what the hell was going on.

At the end of the raid, we, as core raiders, had to make the decision of voting for who was to become the new core raider - this douchebag, or a warlock who both me and another female player in our team already disliked because every single time he comes to a raid, he emotes blowing kisses to us and whatnot, because he knows we're female. Whether or not he realises we both have boyfriends who're also both in the core raiding team is beyond me, but it gives no excuse for him acting like such a desperate prick. I decided to go against my personal feelings and vote for the best player overall in terms of damage, and that was the douchebag guy. Let me also say now, he's a hunter, using the same spec as me, and I'm a VERY competitive person, so even if I had nothing against this guy to start with I wouldn't have liked the idea of another hunter on the team anyways. But either way, it was him and not the warlock that got on to the team.

Since he's not the main raid leader of any of our raids, this should start to make things better, but I can't help but think he's going to try and make everyone take it so damn seriously to the point where we can't even have a friendly laugh during the raid at all. Me and the four other people who made the private channel already made our opinions about him clear to the guild/raid leader, but all that's been said so far is that we might have to learn to just deal with him if we don't like him, since we can't always have exactly the people we like.

And that pissed me off quite a bit. FIVE PEOPLE who were in the raiding team before this hunter was complained about and that was said.

I really don't know what to do. Not only is he currently raiding in PvP gear, but I don't like the idea of a guy I don't like at all rolling on the same gear I will be.

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Re: I don't like this member of our raiding team.

Unread post by Bonita »

Oh wow. For now I'd go a week or so with this guy and see if he acts any differently and hope your raid leader doesn't end up leaving him in charge again. If theres no improvement in how hes acting and he keeps acting like an asshat I'd force your raidleader to get in vent or whatever you guys use to raid and have everyone who has a problem with this guy in there as well and let your raid leader hear exactly how you guys feel about it and see if he will do anything. I'd also start looking for someone else that could replace him in case your raidleader tries the whole "who could we have replace him? we're stuck with him" argument.

This seems like a problem we kind of had a few months ago in our core group (our problem isnt solved though and we've stopped progressing because of it :( ) Our tank heals was kind of like this, saying whenever we downed something it had to be because of him blah blah blah. He was just a big Diva and Drama Queen.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Yeah, I'll give him another chance. He does seem to whine a lot though outside of raids, which is one thing I can't stand. Me and my boyfriend decided to finish off Cho'gall last night and he threw a tantrum in guild chat when we told him he couldn't come because we already had too many DPS. Which was the truth, he'd logged on too late and asked if he could come even after we advertised we were only looking for two tanks. He sounds about 18/19 or so when he speaks in ventrilo, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was younger.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

If he's raiding in pvp gear, I wouldnt bring him raiding anyway. PvP Gear =/= Raid Gear. If you wanna raid, you get the right damn gear. :/ Thats just screaming 'huntard' as much as I hate the word. Most raiding guilds I've come across would've told him "You can raid with us when you've got the proper gear. We're not carrying your ass in pvp gear."

I think you should bring this up with your raid leader....all of you. Let him know what he's doing. Don't let it fester.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Good point. It didn't bug me too much at first because he was pulling decent DPS, but I'm sure it could be better given the right gear. I think if he's still wearing it in the next raid I'll say something.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kuraine wrote:Good point. It didn't bug me too much at first because he was pulling decent DPS, but I'm sure it could be better given the right gear. I think if he's still wearing it in the next raid I'll say something.
Yeah. Like...I dont care if someone had 1 or 2 pieces of pvp gear..like some of the weapons are that much better. But full Pvp? That's a no go, imho. Not fair if you took the time to grind the right gear and he starts getting carried in the wrong gear and wins your stuff.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Yeah, erm, I would link his armory but that would be like naming-and-shaming. Let's just say that he's wearing nearly a full set of arena gear. :/

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Why on earth would your raid leader leave a new to the group hunter in charge of the raid? Seriously? Most of the raid groups I've been in always leave things in the hands of the tank-which makes much more sense seeing as the tank is usually the one who knows the fights the best and is the one who has to pull mobs once he knows his healers are ready.

I'll be blunt-stop telling us this and lay out ALL of what you just told us to your raid leader. Tell him about the hunter that was such a jerk and the reasons you voted for him over the sexually harassing warlock. Then ask him if he can keep looking for a better person to fill your raids. Is your raid leader even aware that this hunter is raiding in pvp gear? If not, or even if he is and is allowing it, that seems to be a rather incompetent raid leader.....

If things do not change, tell your raid leader, or the core raiders that you are buddies with that you are going to start looking for a new guild. Your big raiding buddies will likely leave with you, as if things are this bad already, I bet they are feeling just as frustrated.
Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

He was an officer and a friend of the guild leader before he started raiding, blah blah blah. Stupid things. But we have two raid leaders, one of them for the more important Firelands raids and the other, the guild leader, for the older raids like BWD. The guild leader, who used to do all the raid leading too, used to be a healer but is now a DPS. The main raid leader is a tank AND one of my buddies in this chat channel who were wtf-ing over all this bullshit with me. Basically, since the guild leader had to leave so suddenly, the hunter (his friend) just offered to raid lead, he said okay and left so it was done very suddenly and quickly.

I hope something gets done, and it should. And we are planning to tell him all this stuff over vent once we catch him again. But I just wanted other people's opinions on this.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Arena gear? Omg.....no words....to even WHY your Raid leader brought him. *headdesk*

I agree with Shade on this. Type out what points need to be brought up.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

It was his second proper raid that time, at least with me anyway, and the first time he had proper gear on, but this time... Wtf...

But yes, we'll all have to have some serious words about it if it keeps up.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

If he comes again in full pvp gear, call him out.

LisaaraPokefarm

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Don't worry that's exactly what I was planning on doing. xD

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

First of all id tell the guy to chill the heck out.. its a game.. have some fun or quit before you have a heart attack cause your stressing out over a game. And yah pvp gear is not bad for dps however the main thing that is bad really .. reall bad about pvp gear is that your hit rating is no where near where it needs to be for pve. I do not know why they dont have more hit rating for pvp gear but im full vicous gear and only have a 4.37% rating even though the hit rating needed for pvp is alot lower I still end up missing alot. Thats probably the main reason his dps isnt higher its cause hes missing alot. My guild is pretty serious when we need to be but we can always have fun which is great! Like mding to a healer.. a tank agrooing mobs and running out.. good times..

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Sasrei wrote:but we can always have fun which is great! Like mding to a healer.. a tank agrooing mobs and running out.. good times..
See, that is EXACTLY what we were doing after someone left the group and we were waiting for a replacement. I randomly started to wonder where Magmaw ended, and everyone else then did too, and all voted to aggro him and jump in the lava for the lulz. And as soon as a tank and healer did that, this hunter went all rage and srs bizniz mode on them. No sense of fun at all. :c

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

He really can't turn up in pvp gear and act all serious about raiding, since he's clearly not. Unless he forgot to change gear....?

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Kuraine »

Maybe he was trollin'. ._.

The Stables - 110 Mounts

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Kuraine wrote: I randomly started to wonder where Magmaw ended
In case anyone else is wondering - Magmaw's model actually ends before it reaches the lava surface, making him look more like a sock puppet than anything else =D
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Anyia wrote:
Kuraine wrote: I randomly started to wonder where Magmaw ended
In case anyone else is wondering - Magmaw's model actually ends before it reaches the lava surface, making him look more like a sock puppet than anything else =D
I still wish the poor dear was tameable....XD

LisaaraPokefarm

Cyone
Realm: Die Nachtwache

Unread post by Cyone »

I really wonder why you got over your "personal feeling" and voted for the hunter in the first place.
Have you ever tried talking with the warlock? Blowing kisses and whatnot doesn't sound like "sexual harassement" to me (I'm female too).
Just tell him in a friendly way that you are not interested in a relationship nor even only a RP-relationship, that you have a boyfriend also playing. And that you would prefer to raid with him in a friedly atmosphere without him making such emotes and "whatnot".
For me this always worked well.
Think about a RL situation, where some guy is flirting with you. You would probably just tell him that you're not interested. And he would go on to the next interesting girl. But how should he know if he's not flirting at all. ;)